Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/27/2011 2:05am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Juggernoob View Post
    Ok, with that settled, we need to discuss your criteria for combat.

I think headshots should be in, given that a lot of striking arts contain heavy amounts of headshot delivery techniques. No headshots would lead to weak data and a weak study. It also makes you a massive ***** with no credibility, because you'd be handicapping other martial artists for the benefit of your weak chun form i.e low hands, chin stuck out.

One answer to this, would be, using Muay Thai as an example, no headshots for them, but no shinpads for you.
    People can call me a ***** because of the no head shots rule all they want, and I honestly don't care. Wanting to remember my birthday when I'm 45 doesn't make me a *****.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/27/2011 2:07am

Style: 'Grapplin'

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by danhorgan View Post
    People can call me a ***** because of the no head shots rule all they want, and I honestly don't care. Wanting to remember my birthday when I'm 45 doesn't make me a *****.
    Holding style v style and claiming superiority without headshots makes you a *****. Saying that, im fairly certain an ok boxer could put you out with a body shot.

I also suspect you'll tap to eargrind with your first grappling style.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/27/2011 2:09am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Star View Post
    Hey Dan, could you tell me what you seek to accomplish from your adventure and your end goal? Is it that street fighting has credibility? I'm very interested to understand your point of view. I can see wanting to experience all the different forms of martial arts, but sparring isn't always the best way to achieve that, unless they use specific types of attacks/defenses (such as bars, take downs, pressure strikes, ...).
    Hey, honestly, I'm just looking to prove that an ordinary guy can do extraordinary things through will and bravery. That applies to all areas of life, not just martial arts.

This whole project is dangerous. If I learned how to play chess for six months and then took on a chess expert, I wouldn't end up with a broken rib if I lost. But that's why I'm doing this. I want to prove that a lanky red-headed guy can do what most people will simply write off as crazy. Because anyone can do it - I'm just stepping up to the plate.

Posted On:
    10/27/2011 2:12am

Style: BJJ, MMA, JJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by jspeedy View Post
    Damn after watching this vid:

I call troll, I'll be surprised if this ever develops into anything more than a few backyard fights with other martial arts newbs involving another amateur style vs. style disappointing flail fest. I actually put a little thought into my last post, that's what I get for feeding trolls.
    (@0:37) So, is slapping someone in the man-boobs still considered a form of sexual assault?!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/27/2011 2:14am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Juggernoob View Post
    Holding style v style and claiming superiority without headshots makes you a *****. Saying that, im fairly certain an ok boxer could put you out with a body shot.

I also suspect you'll tap to eargrind with your first grappling style.
    I don't represent a style. To claim to be a "Wing Chun fighter" would be disrespectful to the art, seeing as I've only studied it six months. I'm simply using Wing Chun as a part of my game. I originally posted this thread in the Chinese section before someone moved it over here.

And I welcome shots to the body. There's no chance in hell I'm getting stopped by a body shot.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/27/2011 2:14am

Style: Thaiboxing; MMA nb

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You know, you could wear headgear and a mouthpiece.

Also, what was the point of your training montage video?

Featherweight

Posted On:
    10/27/2011 2:15am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: The art of No Style

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It's not that they think it's crazy, they think it or anything done has to prove a point, and the point is, if you do it, you have to do it better or win, otherwise don't. Well that and the possibility of injury for some which needs to be avoided. I think it's great, the problem your going to find is respect from those willing to work with you on your challenges. See for them, it's a challenge that should be met with what they would consider to be "equal to the task or appropriate responsiveness". If they look at things from a time wise perspective, they might think that time spent would be better served learning in their class as opposed to an outright sparring exhibition. There's many people out there that are great to learn from... it's just going to hard to find them.

Sure anyone can do anything, but in the end, the only person I believe you need to prove anything to is yourself. Thats all that matters.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/27/2011 2:16am

Style: Thaiboxing; MMA nb

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    And I welcome shots to the body. There's no chance in hell I'm getting stopped by a body shot.
    Please, let a boxing gym be the first one you "challenge".

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/27/2011 2:17am

Style: 'Grapplin'

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I don't represent a style. To claim to be a "Wing Chun fighter" would be disrespectful to the art, seeing as I've only studied it six months. I'm simply using Wing Chun as a part of my game. I originally posted this thread in the Chinese section before someone moved it over here.

I genuinely hope you educate yourself. If you go into a thai , kyokushin or boxing gym, there is every chance you'll be stopped and seriously injured with a bodyshot.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/27/2011 2:18am

Style: Judo noob, injured guy.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Azatdawn View Post
    Please, let a boxing gym be the first one you "challenge".
    Or at very least sparring with Bas Rutten.