Sponsored Links Spacer Image

STOP POSTING!

Posted On:
    10/27/2011 1:20am

supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    what exactly is your background in western boxing, because you move like ****.

not that it matters because nothing is ever gonna eventuate from this.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    10/27/2011 1:26am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Wing Chun/Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Beak View Post
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=-V5JeyOv9T0

That's pretty hardcore training there buddy.

I have some questions Ginger Ninja.

Under what rules do you propose to fight under?

What does your coach think about this challenge?

Have you seen the movie Ip Man?
    Hey man,

The match rules have been carefully thought out to ensure the matches are at least entertaining to watch for both casual and hardcore martial arts fans. We'll essentially be taking certain common rules in sport fighting and modifying them to ensure we keep people's attention. Following are the rules and restrictions that will be in place for the match:

-Weight limit of 165 pounds

-No striking to the head or neck (part of the blog's purpose is to spread the awareness of the short- and long-term dangers of head striking - I will soon explain in detail the research I plan on promoting).

-No striking to the kidneys or back

-No biting, eye gouging, or fish hooking

-No striking to knees

-No small joint manipulation.

-No striking to groin

-Takedowns are allowed, but ground-fighting is not (this is simply to keep people's attention; people would just watch pro MMA if that's what they wanted to see).

-Two 2-minute rounds

-The only equipment will be 6-oz MMA gloves, groin protection, and potentially a Heart Guard.

Because none of this will be officially sanctioned, there will be no official judges. I'll let the goons on Youtube decide who won the fight.

To answer your other questions, I got booted from my Kwoon as soon as they found out I was partaking in this blog. That's understandable so I don't hold anything against them. And yes, I've seen all three movies. Donnie Yen is a baddd dude haha

Featherweight

Posted On:
    10/27/2011 1:31am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Wing Chun/Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    what exactly is your background in western boxing, because you move like ****.

not that it matters because nothing is ever gonna eventuate from this.
    I don't move at all in that video. A lot of Wing Chun is about a rooted stance.

My boxing background stems mostly from being self-taught from parking-lot fights. I'm certainly no expert in the field of boxing nor Wing Chun.

Administrator

Posted On:
    10/27/2011 1:32am

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Please, stop posting and do one of two things:
    1) Stop trolling this CMA forum
    2) Grow up and get some real training.

Self taught was what I thought, but I am glad you admitted to it. Everyone, please exit to YMAS.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/27/2011 1:34am

Style: 'Grapplin'

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Aye aye cap'n preparing to set sail for YMAS.

STOP POSTING!

Posted On:
    10/27/2011 1:37am

supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by danhorgan View Post
    -No striking to the head or neck (part of the blog's purpose is to spread the awareness of the short- and long-term dangers of head striking - I will soon explain in detail the research I plan on promoting).
    how exactly are you gonna do that through this vlog? im honestly intrigued.

-The only equipment will be 6-oz MMA gloves, groin protection, and potentially a Heart Guard.
    what the **** is a heart guard? and no mouthguard? dont thik that because you arent doing headstrikes that people WONT get hit in the face. i hope you have a friendly dentist.

My boxing background stems mostly from being self-taught from parking-lot fights. I'm certainly no expert in the field of boxing nor Wing Chun.
    then take boxing out of your style field, and dont mention it again. this is a website for outing people who talk bullshit. self taught parking lot flailing is not boxing.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    10/27/2011 1:44am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: The art of No Style

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Dan, i'm no expert by for, nor will I ever be, but if I may with respect...

Within any style you really have perfecting of technique. With each technique designed for a specific purpose whether defensive or offensive and have many many different factors, some of which I know you know, such as timing, judging distance, reading your opponent, and many others. When you spar those that have practiced on these things for quite sometime, you'll find it a little more challenging that it might seem by just watching others. I know you know all this, so it's kind of an opening for me, please be patient. It's really hard to get anything down thats usable with just 6 months. Not that it can't be done to a degree, but to maximize your learning experience with others, it'll be difficult. I know it's not a comparing of what you learned vs. what they've learned... but when your spending more time trying to figure out how to do something while in motion, that will detract from actually seeing and learning from what they're doing.

It sounds like you'll have a lot of fun doing what you mentioned, just be careful you don't injure yourself or someone else by accident. Live the dream.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/27/2011 1:46am

Style: 'Grapplin'

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Its in YMAS now midnight. Try not to sound like you genuinely want him to get hurt.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/27/2011 1:46am

Style: SL5,MT, BJJ noob,Chow Gar

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    No you filthy ignorant ranga - just get yourself smashed. And no the training vid won't get you laid.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/27/2011 1:49am

Style: Judo noob, injured guy.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Love the justification for no ground fighting btw. Cuz ground fighting is boring, right? If you honestly want to test the effectiveness of Wing Chung against all comers, you have to include all ranges, that includes the ground. Lack of head strikes is understandable I guess if no one wants to wear headgear, even though that is a major weakness of a variety of martial arts (I got punched in the face so very many times as a TKD kid who thought his sweet crescent kicks would be enough to kickbox).

But, I suppose, if it does turn out to be you "fighting" a few other inexperienced guys of other styles I guess it doesn't really matter.
    Last edited by Krijgsman; 10/27/2011 1:49am at . Reason: I forget words.
Page 2 of 140 FirstFirst 12 34561252102 ... LastLast