225124 Bullies, 4053 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 1,321 to 1,330 of 1520
Page 133 of 152 FirstFirst ... 3383123129130131132133 134135136137143 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Administrator

Posted On:
    2/02/2014 3:41pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    LOL@2lazymotherfuckers. It is 165 as shown in the 2nd post of this thread.

:)

Posted On:
    2/02/2014 6:20pm

supporting member
     Style: Ex-Tiger KF, ex-SanDa

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by CrackFox View Post
    Are you sure about the 160lbs figure? As far as I remember, Danny is a tall enough guy, he must be heavier than 160 himself?
    Like IIF said, it was 165, but yes, he clearly is more than 165, and was at the time also.

More like 180-ish give or take, depending on how skinny his legs are.

Posted On:
    2/03/2014 9:28am

Join us... or die
     Style: mma /boxing/muai thai

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    The best part is 8 years after joining this website and chunners still do not understand the difference between light, medium, hard and full contact sparring. Yet, almost ALL of them use the term "Full CONTACT!!!" for damn near everything.
    Oh I thought that really was as hard as they could go.

Full contact chain punching.

Patter patter patter.

The best part is 8 years after joining this website and chunners still do not understand the difference between light, medium, hard and full contact sparring. Yet, almost ALL of them use the term "Full CONTACT!!!" for damn near everything.
    Oh I thought that really was as hard as they could go.

Full contact chain punching.

Patter patter patter.
    Whitsunday Martial Arts Airlie Beach North Queensland.
    http://www.facebook.com/#!/WhitsundayMartialArts

Posted On:
    2/21/2014 6:27pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Ip Man Wing Chun

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Maybe somebody can explain this to me, because heck, with only a master's degree, a doctoral degree and 36 years of fighting experience starting with grappling I am just not getting it.
    Why does any intelligent person try to compare competitive fighting with combat fighting?
    It's like comparing a SWAT team (Mr. Silva) and a SEAL team. They have essentially the same equipment but very different rule sets. The SWAT guys have all the domestic legal b.s. rules they have to go thru before maybe eventually pulling the trigger. The Spec Ops guys put one in the head and two in the chest and move on to the next target.
    Only an idiot would try to say they were the same. Anyone familiar with fighting knows that when the situation is full-speed and under pressure, you perform according to reflex the way you train. If you train to follow the rules of competition fighting, then your reflexes and reflexive targets will be according to the fighting rules so that you do not foul or get banned from the competitions. If you train for the rules of survival, then your reflexes and reflexive targets will be to break your opponent ability to harm you so that you can flee the danger zone.

It is mentally and physically impossible to train both for competition and for survival simultaneously. You must tune your reflexes to one or the other, there is not convenient toggle switch that lets you do both.
    For anyone who cares to debate that in person, by email, or on the phone, I am easy to find here in the Colorado Rockies. For the keyboard bullies, save your keystrokes, I don't have time for cowards.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/vXyjfvZUlHw?list=PL28IrapcFxn233fMAT06sl40fFzZ19di h" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/25/2014 7:52pm

Style: Thaiboxing; MMA nb

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So just in case you need something for motivation...

Administrator

Posted On:
    2/25/2014 8:02pm

staff

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by IwcCombat.com View Post
    Maybe somebody can explain this to me, because heck, with only a master's degree, a doctoral degree and 36 years of fighting experience starting with grappling I am just not getting it.
    Why does any intelligent person try to compare competitive fighting with combat fighting?
    This is called an appeal to authority.

It's like comparing a SWAT team (Mr. Silva) and a SEAL team. They have essentially the same equipment but very different rule sets. The SWAT guys have all the domestic legal b.s. rules they have to go thru before maybe eventually pulling the trigger. The Spec Ops guys put one in the head and two in the chest and move on to the next target.
    This is called a false analogy.

Only an idiot would try to say they were the same. Anyone familiar with fighting knows that when the situation is full-speed and under pressure, you perform according to reflex the way you train. If you train to follow the rules of competition fighting, then your reflexes and reflexive targets will be according to the fighting rules so that you do not foul or get banned from the competitions. If you train for the rules of survival, then your reflexes and reflexive targets will be to break your opponent ability to harm you so that you can flee the danger zone.
    This is called a straw man argument.

It is mentally and physically impossible to train both for competition and for survival simultaneously. You must tune your reflexes to one or the other, there is not convenient toggle switch that lets you do both.
    For anyone who cares to debate that in person, by email, or on the phone, I am easy to find here in the Colorado Rockies.
    There are HUNDREDS of news reports, news articles and videos that refute this false dichotomy.

As to your red herring, you post here no one needs to call or write you an email, call you or show up to argue debate what you wrote. Unless, of course, there is an ulterior motive to the request.

For the keyboard bullies, save your keystrokes, I don't have time for cowards.
    This is Irony.

Says the guy telling people to email him, who just used keystrokes to make a point, while calling posters idiots and cowards, then saying we are bullies.
    LOL.
    Last edited by It is Fake; 2/25/2014 8:10pm at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/25/2014 8:15pm

Style: Yagyu Shinkage Ryu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

For anyone who cares to debate that in person, by email, or on the phone, I am easy to find here in the Colorado Rockies. For the keyboard bullies, save your keystrokes, I don't have time for cowards.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/vXyjfvZUlHw?list=PL28IrapcFxn233fMAT06sl40fFzZ19di h" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
    Come on Danny boy, stop hiding behind the alt account.

Administrator

Posted On:
    2/25/2014 8:22pm

staff

Hell yeah! Hell no!

Maybe I should add my degrees to my video titles? Very well spoken and he has a Jurus Doctorate. 36 years.......... I'll let the astute patrons of bullshido deal with that by themselves.
    Last edited by It is Fake; 2/25/2014 8:27pm at .

My dog is cuter and smarter than yours.

Posted On:
    2/25/2014 8:30pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Kodokan Judo

Hell yeah! Hell no!

So you train full contact under pressure for self defense? I assume that is full contact...

How do you do that without hurting each other.

BTW, I don't think anyone here has said that combative sports is identical to "real fighting" or "self defense".

Why not debate here? We might all benefit.
    Falling for Judo since 1980

My dog is cuter and smarter than yours.

Posted On:
    2/25/2014 8:34pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Kodokan Judo

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This is called an appeal to authority.

This is called a false analogy.

This is called a straw man argument.

There are HUNDREDS of news reports, news articles and videos that refute this false dichotomy.

As to your red herring, you post here no one needs to call or write you an email, call you or show up to argue debate what you wrote. Unless, of course, there is an ulterior motive to the request.

This is Irony.

Says the guy telling people to email him, who just used keystrokes to make a point, while calling posters idiots and cowards, then saying we are bullies.
    LOL.
    We can count on you to point out all the logical fallacies...I was frankly overwhelmed and decided not to address them.

Leave it to the pros is what I say !
    Falling for Judo since 1980