Page 11 of 140 FirstFirst ... 7891011 121314152161111 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

On hiatus

Posted On:
    10/27/2011 11:36am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I already hated him as soon he used the word "Vlog".

(tab) Forum > Forum Actions > General Settings > in Thread Display Options > Number of Posts to Show Per Page: 40

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/27/2011 12:08pm

Style: Judo & BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by danhorgan View Post
    Hey man,

The match rules have been carefully thought out to ensure the matches are at least entertaining to watch for both casual and hardcore martial arts fans. We'll essentially be taking certain common rules in sport fighting and modifying them to ensure we keep people's attention. Following are the rules and restrictions that will be in place for the match:

-Weight limit of 165 pounds

-No striking to the head or neck (part of the blog's purpose is to spread the awareness of the short- and long-term dangers of head striking - I will soon explain in detail the research I plan on promoting).

-No striking to the kidneys or back

-No biting, eye gouging, or fish hooking

-No striking to knees

-No small joint manipulation.

-No striking to groin

-Takedowns are allowed, but ground-fighting is not (this is simply to keep people's attention; people would just watch pro MMA if that's what they wanted to see).

-Two 2-minute rounds

-The only equipment will be 6-oz MMA gloves, groin protection, and potentially a Heart Guard.

Because none of this will be officially sanctioned, there will be no official judges. I'll let the goons on Youtube decide who won the fight.

To answer your other questions, I got booted from my Kwoon as soon as they found out I was partaking in this blog. That's understandable so I don't hold anything against them. And yes, I've seen all three movies. Donnie Yen is a baddd dude haha
    In wing chun wrist locks, kicks to the knees, and punching to the face are part of the system. But I digress. If you can work out a date with me and give me time to cut some major weight I would be willing to drive down and spar. (Or you can come down here I will gladly pay your gas)

Some major questions about you sparring rules concerning mostly the takedowns.

Do I just let you get back up?

Can I kick and punch you while you are getting back up?

Can I attempt another take down before you are fully standing again?

Is there any chance you would be willing to do a match with ground fighting if face strikes, joint locks were not allowed?

Would you be okay with fighting a girl?

Why no kidney shots?
    Last edited by judokarl; 10/27/2011 12:09pm at . Reason: spelling

Featherweight

Posted On:
    10/27/2011 12:18pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Wing Chun/Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by judokarl View Post
    In wing chun wrist locks, kicks to the knees, and punching to the face are part of the system. But I digress. If you can work out a date with me and give me time to cut some major weight I would be willing to drive down and spar. (Or you can come down here I will gladly pay your gas)

Some major questions about you sparring rules concerning mostly the takedowns.

Do I just let you get back up?

Can I kick and punch you while you are getting back up?

Can I attempt another take down before you are fully standing again?

Is there any chance you would be willing to do a match with ground fighting if face strikes, joint locks were not allowed?

Would you be okay with fighting a girl?

Why no kidney shots?
    If you're serious email me, danhorgan2@gmail.com. And no, I will not be fighting any females as a part of this vlog, even though I believe they can be just as strong as men in martial arts.

pro nonsense self defense

Posted On:
    10/27/2011 12:26pm

supporting member
     Style: FMA, dumbek, Indian clubs

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You know, this reminds me of some kind of bizarro world version of Anthony vs Rudy.

1% Shark is better than you.

Posted On:
    10/27/2011 12:28pm

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: BJJ/Shidokan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Dan, did you miss this?

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteShark View Post
    Dan, if you are willing to travel to Georgia I will give you a fight as long as we can omit the "heart protector" not sure what that even is. Though I am curious why you want to wear gloves if you aren't going to punch to the head?

Administrator

Posted On:
    10/27/2011 12:29pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah it just needs more misogyny, accepted bigotry, and Photoshopped dildo pictures calling two women transgenders.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/27/2011 12:33pm

Style: Judo & BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If you're serious email me, danhorgan2@gmail.com. And no, I will not be fighting any females as a part of this vlog, even though I believe they can be just as strong as men in martial arts.
    Any reason why? The female happens to be more qualified tham me. I weigh around 184 and would have to work hard to make it down to spar under 165. Where as she is 165 and probably more quallfied for striking than I am. If you are looking for "Masters"

I am seroius but not full in yet. A trip to boston costs me alot of time and effort and I have to find time between Martial arts and college to make the trip.

Also I would like and answer to the other questions I asked when you decide on the logistics of them.

Side question what made you choose the style of Wing Chun? Ip man movie? Found the straight punch to fit you body and style more than boxing did?
    Edit: I have to ask WTF is a heart protector.
    Last edited by judokarl; 10/27/2011 12:49pm at . Reason: Adding stuff and spelling

Posted On:
    10/27/2011 1:01pm

Style: Siling Labuyo Arnis

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    And no, I will not be fighting any females as a part of this vlog, even though I believe they can be just as strong as men in martial arts.
    Okay, Dan, you haven't even made it to the first fight yet, and already you're entertaining as hell. Keep up the good work.

So, why no women? On your journey of self-discovery, it's okay if a guy beats you, but not a girl? I'd already assumed your motivations were ego-driven, but this sort of clinches it.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/27/2011 1:14pm

Style: BJJ, Boxing, Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Come to WV on your school trip and fight me.

I'm 155 lbs, I will make you piss the same colour as your hair. No mouthpiece required.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/27/2011 1:16pm

Style: KK

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

The fact that kids are sparring with head shots disturbs me. It's 2011 - we need to be more educated on this issue. I also think that there should be a type of sport fighting that allows fighters to compete without worrying about long-term effects on their brain and personality. People can say fighters who avoid taking head shots are cowards all they want, but if you're willing to take a roundhouse kick to the ribs, you have my respect.
    It's called the traditional Kyokushin ruleset. This is what you're describing, except you'll have no heart guard...and you'll get your ass handed to you.

And I welcome shots to the body. There's no chance in hell I'm getting stopped by a body shot.
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!! Omg, I wish I weren't 214 lbs so I could make you test this theory personally. You have to have never fought or sparred full contact with an actual fighter to believe something like this.
    Last edited by RWaggs; 10/27/2011 1:25pm at .