Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    11/04/2011 8:28am

Join us... or die
     Style: Aikido,Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Chili Pepper View Post
    My guro used to jokingly offer that rank - came with a camoflauge belt. And alllll you had to do to receive it was humiliate yourself enough to ask for it.

(as he said "just like with the real pope, the title is not an indicator of quality")
    I wouldn't care about the quality, i would just rock that pointy hat.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/10/2012 9:56pm

Style: Judo

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This guy is right up the road (like 10 minutes) from me. Never heard of him... Maybe that is a good thing.

I asked some of my friends that work for the Sarasota Police Department about Mr. Enger since he posted a picture of himself in a S.P.D. uniform. They advised me that he was a Chaplain (non-sworn) for a few years and seemed to be a nice enough guy. I told them of his claims of Martial Arts Mastery and they found that to be a surprise.

One of the Officers who is heavily involved in the DT program told me that Enger never once offered his services to help the training division. A reasonable person would think someone of Enger's "alleged" skill level would offer co-workers (especially police officers) his vast knowledge and training regime. Maybe he just expected them to buy his DVDs?

Maybe I should invite him over to the Judo club so we can roll :)

Posted On:
    9/10/2012 10:00pm

forum leader
     Style: BJJ/ MMA/ MT

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It's not usual that a n00b rocks up and necros a thread and I don't mind the resulting post. Maybe it was that last line that I am now going to hold you to.
    GET A RED BELT OR DIE TRYIN'.

Administrator

Posted On:
    9/10/2012 10:01pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Judo is a sport.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/10/2012 10:11pm

Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by battlefields View Post
    It's not usual that a n00b rocks up and necros a thread and I don't mind the resulting post. Maybe it was that last line that I am now going to hold you to.
    Sorry for the necro'ing. and yes you can hold me to the last line... Mr. Enger can even wear his big fancy red belt to the party.

Extraordinarily Ordinary

Posted On:
    9/10/2012 10:21pm

supporting member
     Style: TKD, CMA & American Kenpo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by SRQJudo View Post
    I asked some of my friends that work for the Sarasota Police Department about Mr. Enger since he posted a picture of himself in a S.P.D. uniform. They advised me that he was a Chaplain (non-sworn) for a few years and seemed to be a nice enough guy. I told them of his claims of Martial Arts Mastery and they found that to be a surprise.
    That could be somewhat of a red-flag; if he was involved / associated with the department, the martial arts part shouldn't be a surprise. Then again, he just may not have felt it appropriate to mention it.

Posted On:
    9/10/2012 11:17pm

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by SRQJudo View Post
    Sorry for the necro'ing. and yes you can hold me to the last line... Mr. Enger can even wear his big fancy red belt to the party.
    No need to say your sorry as this is the best necro yet, and should be held up as one of the reasons to you know do it.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    9/11/2012 11:40am

supporting member

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Just once I'd like to open a thread about some place teaching "Christian Martial arts" and see students learning broadsword and quarterstaff, the Maltese cross plastered all over everything, and classes ending and beginning with "Deus Vult!" Or perhaps how to create a scourge out of common everyday materials and beat moneylenders with it.

Instead, it's kenpo and karate. I mean, I could understand if it was judo, that's all about turning the other cheek to load your enemy up for uchi mata or seoi nage. But front snap kicks and tiger mouth strikes to the throat? In what way, shape, or form does this have anything to do with the traditions of the followers of Yeshua bar Joseph?

pro nonsense self defense

Posted On:
    9/11/2012 12:38pm

supporting member
     Style: FMA, dumbek, Indian clubs

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Vince Tortelli View Post
    Just once I'd like to open a thread about some place teaching "Christian Martial arts" and see students learning broadsword and quarterstaff, the Maltese cross plastered all over everything, and classes ending and beginning with "Deus Vult!" Or perhaps how to create a scourge out of common everyday materials and beat moneylenders with it.
    I think this guy might teach that kind of stuff:
    http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=114926

Instead, it's kenpo and karate. I mean, I could understand if it was judo, that's all about turning the other cheek to load your enemy up for uchi mata or seoi nage. But front snap kicks and tiger mouth strikes to the throat? In what way, shape, or form does this have anything to do with the traditions of the followers of Yeshua bar Joseph?
    Many of these Christian kempo karate masters are actually very adept at using the jawbone of an ass. Does that count?
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234