Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 12 3 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/29/2011 9:35pm

Style: Kickboxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You'd think I'd be used to it, but it still gets to me every time he loses. I don't even feel like watching the rest of UFC.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/29/2011 11:19pm

Style: Hiatus for Gen. Fitness

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Goodbye, Cro Cop. You had a great career that I will always think upon fondly, repeating the words: "right leg, hospital; left leg, cemetery."

Certified Fitness Trainer

Posted On:
    10/30/2011 3:55am

supporting memberforum leader
     Style: Judo, Jujitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I, too, will always remember Cro Cop fondly. He helped me truly fall in love with the sport off MMA, rather than the spectacle that was a lot of the early UFC. I will always remember his good years.

But he's had a long career, and is getting old. The fight game is not kind to aging. I think with seeing Couture fight until he was nearly 50, many fans forget that for most in this sport, "old" starts around 35. Still, Mirko was one of the best to ever step into the ring, and I hope he is remembered that way.
    Click To Get My Free Training Newsletter... Do It NOW!

"You all just got fucking owned.";
    "TaeBo_Master and GajusCaesar just scored 10,000,000 points on all you pawns."

- The Wastrel

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/30/2011 1:29pm

Style: Kickboxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I just hope he stays retired from fighting...though I would love to see him stick around and be a commentator or a trainer or something...

Featherweight

Posted On:
    10/31/2011 9:08am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Personally, I think that Cro cop would be 10 times the fighter he is today if he would have stuck to K-1 instead of switching to MMA. To me, it seems that pure stylists end their carrers better and more skilled than when they started. MMA fighters tend to end their carrers broken and battered because they spread their skills out too thin.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/31/2011 9:48pm

Style: Hiatus for Gen. Fitness

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I actually don't think it makes much of a difference with Cro Cop. He hasn't lost by submission since 2003 when he was armbarred by Nogueira. His matches have essentially been striking contests. If I had to blame something for the way Cro Cop's career ended, I would say that it started with the brutal headkick knockout by Gonzaga. It really seemed to me like after that the killer instinct had an undercurrent of caution, he wasn't stalking down and destroying people like the Cro Cop of old. And each subsequent knockout he suffered just worsened the situation.

Crappler Extraordinaire

Posted On:
    10/31/2011 11:40pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by CNagy View Post
    If I had to blame something for the way Cro Cop's career ended, I would say that it started with the brutal headkick knockout by Gonzaga.
    I think that head kick also had detrimental effects on Gonzaga's career, thrusting him into a title shot before he was ready. But Cro Cop died in the Octagon that night. The guy who continued to get fights may have been named Mirko Filipović, but it wasn't Cro Cop.
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Phillips View Post
    Bullshido is not like the police department, or even POWNET; it really just gets random hard ons and then follows it's dick.

Welterweight

Posted On:
    11/01/2011 12:23am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ, MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    At least the fight was very competitive, and Cro Cop seemed to have the superior stand up. A good way to end his career, I'd say.

Woah. Alex Van Halen got huge.

Posted On:
    11/02/2011 10:32am

Join us... or die
     Style: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by EmperorCesar View Post
    At least the fight was very competitive, and Cro Cop seemed to have the superior stand up. A good way to end his career, I'd say.
    Agreed. Given his last 10 performances, that was one of his most competitive and fun to watch. He's got a paper chin now, what can you do?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarcastro
    He screams like a little girl as the pain ripples through his arm, shoots up into his brain, and now your dick is hard.

I have emotions.

Posted On:
    11/02/2011 10:40am

supporting member
     Style: Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabetuno View Post
    Agreed. Given his last 10 performances, that was one of his most competitive and fun to watch. He's got a paper chin now, what can you do?
    Retire.

(tab) Forum > Forum Actions > General Settings > in Thread Display Options > Number of Posts to Show Per Page: 40
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 12 3 LastLast