Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    10/19/2011 9:29pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Daitō-ryū Aiki-

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

My Daito Ryu trumps your Aikido

Personally, I do not like the large circle techniques and wasted movement of Aikido. I am a big believer in grabbing a pressure point, setting up a joint lock, and whether I snap the joint or not is up to the situation; however, I have never found a situation where I had to snap the joint. A little pressure goes a long way to let someone know don't mess with me again.

Heavyweight

Posted On:
    10/19/2011 10:15pm

supporting member
     Style: Kyokushinkai / Kajukenbo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kubo67 View Post
    Personally, I do not like the large circle techniques and wasted movement of Aikido. I am a big believer in grabbing a pressure point, setting up a joint lock, and whether I snap the joint or not is up to the situation; however, I have never found a situation where I had to snap the joint. A little pressure goes a long way to let someone know don't mess with me again.
    Cool dude, maybe you could attend a Bullshido Throwdown and share?
    "Preparing mentally, the most important thing is, if you aren't doing it for the love of it, then don't do it." - Benny Urquidez

Watch and Shoot !

Posted On:
    10/24/2011 2:43am

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Horses for courses regarding aikido, I've seen a considerable amount of bullshit in Dai-to Ryu too.

Explain to me what your pressure point tactics mean to an alcohol or drug fuelled individual who's pain receptors are blocked and therefore doesn't feel compelled to comply through pain ? Or, someone who is considerably stronger than you, and or, where those supposed pressure points are concealed through bulk muscle ?

How many actual fights have you encountered which qualifies your opinion ?

I spent a number of years as a Discipline Officer within a Max security prison as part of a crisis intervention team so, I have a considerable amount of hands on experience in dealing with fully resisting, non compliant individuals who have very little to lose in getting involved in violent confrontations. Pressure point tactics DO NOT WORK on determined people.

Subluxating, dislocating and or fracturing joints is pretty easy to do mechanically, setting up however is an entirely different story so this leads me back to my earlier question of how many times you've encountered fights which qualifies your original opinion ?
    "To sin by silence when one should protest makes cowards out of men".

~Ella Wheeler

POWERRR!

Posted On:
    10/24/2011 3:58am

Join us... or die
     Style: Boxing.MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Cool story bro, but your casual, matter-of-fact talk of pressure points and joint locks against resisting opponents tells me you're full of ****.
    "The hero and the coward both feel the same thing, but the hero projects his fear onto his opponent while the coward runs. 'Fear'. It's the same thing, but it's what you do with it that matters". - Cus D'Amato
    Spoiler:

Shime Waza Test Dummy

Posted On:
    10/24/2011 6:03am

Join us... or die
     Style: StrikeyGrappling & WW2-fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rock Ape View Post
    Horses for courses regarding aikido, I've seen a considerable amount of bullshit in Dai-to Ryu too.

Explain to me what your pressure point tactics mean to an alcohol or drug fuelled individual who's pain receptors are blocked and therefore doesn't feel compelled to comply through pain ? Or, someone who is considerably stronger than you, and or, where those supposed pressure points are concealed through bulk muscle ?

How many actual fights have you encountered which qualifies your opinion ?

I spent a number of years as a Discipline Officer within a Max security prison as part of a crisis intervention team so, I have a considerable amount of hands on experience in dealing with fully resisting, non compliant individuals who have very little to lose in getting involved in violent confrontations. Pressure point tactics DO NOT WORK on determined people.

Subluxating, dislocating and or fracturing joints is pretty easy to do mechanically, setting up however is an entirely different story so this leads me back to my earlier question of how many times you've encountered fights which qualifies your original opinion ?
    Yep, all of the cops and prison guards that I've done JJJ & Judo with insist that mechanical compliance is MUCH more reliable than pain compliance or pressure points. One of the guards was subduing a prisoner with I believe it was kataha jime but he'd unknowingly broken the guy's collar bone on the raised arm side in the initial scrap, the guy was screaming so bad no one messed with him for over a year. Word got around!
    "Judo is a study of techniques with which you may kill if you wish to kill, injure if you wish to injure, subdue if you wish to subdue, and, when attacked, defend yourself" - Jigoro Kano (1889)
    ***Was this quote "taken out of context"?***

"The judoist has no time to allow himself a margin for error, especially in a situation upon which his or another person's very life depends...."
    ~ The Secret of Judo (Jiichi Watanabe & Lindy Avakian), p.19

"Hope is not a method... nor is enthusiasm."
    ~ Brigadier General Gordon Toney

My guns bigger than Scrapper's!

Posted On:
    10/24/2011 7:24am

supporting member
     Style: Kakutogi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    DEAR GOD STFU!

And to the rest of you, If this place become an Aikido (or even Aikijujutsu) love shack I'm nuking the whole place from orbit!!!! Don't tempt me I have the power and will use it! If Phrost lets me and all the staff, Rock Ape included, holds a biweekly meeting to discuss the issued and its carried over by a 2/3 majority THEN you will see my wrath!!!!!!!
    ______
    Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invincible Asia) Dark Emperor of Baji!!!

RIP SOLDIER

Didn't anyone ever tell him a fat man could never be a ninja
    -Gene, GODHAND

You can't practice Judo just to win a Judo Match! You practice so that no matter what happens, you can win using Judo!
    The key to fighting two men at once is to be much tougher than both of them.
    -Daniel Tosh

Watch and Shoot !

Posted On:
    10/24/2011 7:35am

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gezere View Post
    DEAR GOD STFU!

And to the rest of you, If this place become an Aikido (or even Aikijujutsu) love shack I'm nuking the whole place from orbit!!!! Don't tempt me I have the power and will use it! If Phrost lets me and all the staff, Rock Ape included, holds a biweekly meeting to discuss the issued and its carried over by a 2/3 majority THEN you will see my wrath!!!!!!!
    Dude, it's not good form to cause me to exhale diet coke through my nostrils.

SERIOUSLY.

:-)

Oh and BTW - YMAS'd

hehehehe
    "To sin by silence when one should protest makes cowards out of men".

~Ella Wheeler