Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/22/2011 10:51am

Style: BJJ Beginner

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by judoka_uk View Post
    Mate, just go somewhere else.
    You know first time I was there, he showed me my first ever Judo throw, I loved it and was hooked and had been thinking about trying to find a Judo club as well. But yesterday's experience cemented that that's the way I want to go.

Hence my other thread;)

(And its no issue about being a Uni school, the guy got back to me)

Posted On:
    10/22/2011 10:55am

Join us... or die
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Auszi View Post
    You know first time I was there, he showed me my first ever Judo throw, I loved it and was hooked and had been thinking about trying to find a Judo club as well. But yesterday's experience cemented that that's the way I want to go.

Hence my other thread;)

(And its no issue about being a Uni school, the guy got back to me)
    Go to that Uni club then, it looks awesome.

Good luck.

BJJ might make you a better ground fighter, but Judo will make you a better dancer.

Posted On:
    10/22/2011 10:58am

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by judoka_uk View Post
    Yeh he's Midlands technical officer, but he seems to do a bunch of stuff back around his home region as well, definitely worth getting him in, if you can try and get a randori in with him on the ground its.... eye opening.
    "get him in"... heh.

One of our guys is from Barnsley, knows him personally. Just said to him one day "fancy dropping in?", and he said "aye lad why not".

So yeah, we just get Olympians turning up randomly out of the blue and wrecking our ****.

And Steve Gawthorpe definitely doesn't have a Derby twang mate, he's 100% Barnsley drawl... you'd probably need an interpreter.

Posted On:
    10/22/2011 11:03am

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lu Tze View Post
    "get him in"... heh.

One of our guys is from Barnsley, knows him personally. Just said to him one day "fancy dropping in?", and he said "aye lad why not".

So yeah, we just get Olympians turning up randomly out of the blue and wrecking our ****.

And Steve Gawthorpe definitely doesn't have a Derby twang mate, he's 100% Barnsley drawl... you'd probably need an interpreter.
    Lol, yeh I know I've met him quite a few times, been grapple raped on the floor by him as well. The perfect lesson in what BJJ guys refer to as 'top pressure' I think I lost an inch off my chest measurement from that randori.

Was going to delete the bit about the anonymous Notts/Derby guy from the quote box, but forgot.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12