Sponsored Links Spacer Image

1% Shark is better than you.

Posted On:
    10/21/2011 10:29am

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: BJJ/Shidokan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Why claim Ninjaness at all? Except for the black Gis I don't see any Ninja sillyness at all.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/21/2011 10:42am

Style: BJJ Beginner

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Can we agree to use 'Retard of Ninja's' at any and every opportunity in the near future for a gathering of ninja's, as the official nomenclature?

BJJ might make you a better ground fighter, but Judo will make you a better dancer.

Posted On:
    10/21/2011 10:56am

Join us... or die
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiteShark View Post
    Why claim Ninjaness at all? Except for the black Gis I don't see any Ninja sillyness at all.
    The gun grab?
    Quote Originally Posted by Auszi View Post
    Can we agree to use 'Retard of Ninja's' at any and every opportunity in the near future for a gathering of ninja's, as the official nomenclature?
    It already is.

Although you keep spelling ninjer wrong, get your spellcheck sorted.

pro nonsense self defense

Posted On:
    10/21/2011 11:01am

supporting member
     Style: FMA, dumbek, Indian clubs

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So their ninja stuff comes from the Bujinkan- what about their other stuff (kickboxing and grappling)? Did they reverse engineer it from Bujinkan techniques?

1% Shark is better than you.

Posted On:
    10/21/2011 11:33am

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: BJJ/Shidokan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    No. The website has Muay Thai, Judo and BJJ on it. All the usual suspects.

Administrator

Posted On:
    10/21/2011 11:45am

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It is funny it is a McDojo in the sense it teaches many martial arts. So, there is spastic taijutsu shitty sparring all the way up to decent muay Thai and BJJ grappling. The website looks like a school with multiple choices and options.

Posted On:
    10/21/2011 11:59am

Join us... or die
     Style: Aikido,Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I don't mean to be a grammer nazi, but a "retard of ninjers" is the singular ninja, while a "tard of ninjers" speakes to a gathering of two or more. To further clarify this confusing ninjer speak,
    a ninjer attacking a bag of donuts is doing a "Phill Elmore", while a ninjer working out is called an "anomaly". A niners' sex life is called "masturbation" unless a winged unicorn flies a consenting woman directly to their tard, and then costs each ninjer as much money as it takes to empty their wallets. (usually about two bucks)

Posted On:
    10/21/2011 12:06pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Cheng Man Ching Taijiquan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by FinalLegion View Post
    Well, there's one thing I don't understand. On the AKBAN website, it says that Doron Navon is the only non-Japanese Shihan that trained with Hatsumi...but wasn't Stephen Hayes awarded the Shihan title? Same with Richard Van Donk? And is Navon's Shihan title recognized by the Dai-Nippon Butoku-kai...or does it even need to be? It also says that Yossi Sherriff is a Bujinkan 5th Dan...meaning a 5th Dan in Budo Taijitsu, correct?

I'm not trying to start an argument or anything...just looking to get the credentials straight.
    Everyone that trained with Hatsumi is the only non-Japanese shihan to ever receive shihan-ness.

Also, the utter lack of Japanese people taking Hatsumi seriously contributes to the only white shihans that are the only shihans that become shihans... or something.

It's a ninja thing.
    =================
    Kama Sutra blue belt.

Quote Originally Posted by Emevas View Post
    I used to **** guys like you in prison.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rock Ape View Post
    Dude I kill people for a fucking living.

Dipshit

Welterweight

Posted On:
    10/21/2011 1:08pm

supporting member
     Style: Shotokan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by PointyShinyBurn View Post
    Who cares? They cross-train, spar and it looks like they can fight.

Isn't anyone over 8th Dan called 'shihan' in the Buj anyway? And what does the Dai-Nippon Butoku-kai have to do with it? They might have some interest if Hatsumi was to grant Menkyo Kaiden in one of his non-imaginary koryu, has he done so as far as you know?
    Well, it matters because, as far as I understand it, it's the Dai-Nippon that established the system by which one is awarded Master rankings. I don't know how the Dai-Nippon views the Bujinkan, but since it seems that the only Japanese who support the Bujinkan are the ones in the Bujinkan...well, I just feel that any Shihan that comes from a Hatsumi legacy is just a little bit suspect.

I will give these guys some credit, though. After perusing the AKBAN website, they appear to focus on cross training in several arts, including taijitsu, aikido, BJJ, MT and Judo, although I don't know why they are calling what they do 'Budo Ninjitsu' other than to capitalize on the whole 'ninja' aspect. Seems to me calling what they do 'Akban Taijitsu' would be more precise...then again, when you mix ninjerness into anything, how precise can you be?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/21/2011 1:19pm

Style: 'Grapplin'

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by FinalLegion View Post
    I just feel that any Shihan that comes from a Hatsumi legacy is just a little bit suspect.
    Nothing wrong with that. If they have other MA grades, respect them for that.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 12 34 LastLast