Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Ad Hominem rocks.

Posted On:
    10/22/2011 2:48pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ, mma

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Start by cutting the shitty food out of your diet. Cut as much sugar, salt, and low quality fats as you can reasonably do so. In other words, no chips, no soda and chocolate bars, and stop eating burgers!

Record what you eat for two regular days and post it on here.

Gypsy: I'd be interested to see any reserach you have off the top of your head about the starvation response being bunk. I've always considered it gospel that the body slows its metabolism during fasting periods and that it catabolizes muscle first in those situations.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/22/2011 6:18pm

Style: Hiatus for Gen. Fitness

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Edit: On second thought, just read the link and listen to the podcast. Long story short: military research into starvation mode.

*Edit:* http://fitnessblackbook.com/main/sta...orry-about-it/
    Last edited by CNagy; 10/22/2011 6:29pm at .

Featherweight

Posted On:
    10/22/2011 6:36pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: hsing i, FMA's

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by CNagy View Post
    Edit: On second thought, just read the link and listen to the podcast. Long story short: military research into starvation mode.

that was fairly interesting, thanks

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/23/2011 2:16am

Style: Taekkyon/Judo/Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    @elipson: Let me get on that and try to post it asap.

As always, thanks for all the great articles guys! I started on the 6 small meals a day plan, so we'll see how it goes.
    Last edited by Oonjuk; 10/23/2011 2:20am at .

Posted On:
    10/23/2011 4:28pm

Style: Does exercise count?

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by CNagy View Post

I had never heard this specifically, but I've read Brad Pilon's Eat Stop Eat, which is a quality read on fasting for fat loss. I wouldn't actually do it personally after playing around with a 24 hour fast, but different strokes, eh?

What's interesting specifically about that military study is that it seems to run contrary to the idea of the body generally not responding to high stress levels while in a caloric deficit. It's a few shots in the dark, but I wonder if their exercise activity itself was enough to "count" to their bodies as resistance training. Another major question is how females would respond to a similar situation, since hormonally women tend to have less favorable reactions to dieting in general. Lastly I have to wonder if the fact that the group being studied was already qualified as army rangers (I think it was) didn't already select them as being naturally/unnaturally conditioned to dealing with stress responses in vastly different ways.

Quote Originally Posted by elipson View Post
    Start by cutting the shitty food out of your diet. Cut as much sugar, salt, and low quality fats as you can reasonably do so. In other words, no chips, no soda and chocolate bars, and stop eating burgers!

Gypsy: I'd be interested to see any reserach you have off the top of your head about the starvation response being bunk. I've always considered it gospel that the body slows its metabolism during fasting periods and that it catabolizes muscle first in those situations.
    CNagy's link is definitely a good start. The stuff I've read on fasting research mostly gets filtered through Brad Pilon or Martin Berkhan. They both advocate different styles of intermittent fasting for different goals, but aside from clearly promoting their own ideas, their material is heavily research based/extrapolated. Check out this link for Martin Berkhan attacking fasting myths http://www.leangains.com/2010/10/top...-debunked.html

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/26/2011 10:14am

Style: Taekkyon/Judo/Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by elipson View Post
    I had same menu for two days straight so here it is.

Breakfast: 1 pack of noodle
    Snack1: 1 Banana, cup of rice milk
    Lunch: Brown rice, steamed vegetables, 2 pieces of tandoori chicken breasts, cup of milk, cup of orange juice
    Snack2: handful of non-salted nut mix
    Dinner: 2 eggs, roasted fish jerkies

Posted On:
    11/15/2011 1:42am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hi friend ... if you learn more about certain foods and what they do to your body you will be able to lose weight. Exercise is great, I definitely recommend continuing it. Best of luck
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12