Posted On:
    10/19/2011 1:42pm

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: BJJ, wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by clav View Post
    Same money. $60 for HD $50 for regular.
    Wow. It's $45 and $55 for HD here. My neighbor and I alternate buying them since our wives frequently go out for Girl's night out on Sat. and someone has to take care of the kids.

I hate running into meatheads in the bars while watching the fights. Add to that I'm a grownup who can afford to pay to support the sport, and it's beers, HD fights and the pause and rewind feature from the comfort of my living room on fight night.

I choose not to stream anything for the same reason I pay for the PPV, to support the sport.

It's easy to convince mine when either GSP or Forrest are fighting...I'm trying to convince her the bulge is a cup but she's so dazed during their fights she doesn't even hear me...
    That's weird, mine always looks at them with pity and pats me on the thigh when she watches them.
    Shut the hell up and train.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/19/2011 3:00pm

Style: Muay Thai/BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    legit lol jnp...guess I've got some growing to do. To bad I'm all finished growing...sigh

Canada gets another kick in the ass when it comes to price comparison with the US, go figure. We used to get the excuse that our dollar was to blame now they make up all kinds of crap to justify charging us more...maybe we ARE suckers as we're paying it.

I agree that the comfort of my home is the best way to watch. PVRing it is tits. Replays, slow motion, I can start it when I want and not dealing with Tap Out/Affliction t-shirt overdose is so worth it. I alternate with a friend with a killer hot tub with a tv hooked up with it. 2 hours in the tub with beers has to be one of the best ways to watch.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/19/2011 5:03pm

Style: BJJ (blue), Kempo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    2 hours in the tub with beers has to be one of the best ways to watch.
    Except for the part where 2 hours in the hot tub ensures you have a terrible hangover no matter how little you drink.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/19/2011 5:13pm

Style: Kali

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    legit lol jnp...guess I've got some growing to do. To bad I'm all finished growing...sigh

Canada gets another kick in the ass when it comes to price comparison with the US, go figure. We used to get the excuse that our dollar was to blame now they make up all kinds of crap to justify charging us more...maybe we ARE suckers as we're paying it.

I agree that the comfort of my home is the best way to watch. PVRing it is tits. Replays, slow motion, I can start it when I want and not dealing with Tap Out/Affliction t-shirt overdose is so worth it. I alternate with a friend with a killer hot tub with a tv hooked up with it. 2 hours in the tub with beers has to be one of the best ways to watch.
    Is this a male friend? So 2 hours in a tub for 2 guys watching semi naked men wrestling? Hmm doesn't sound gay at all! ;-)

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/19/2011 5:53pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Pharabus View Post
    Is this a male friend? So 2 hours in a tub for 2 guys watching semi naked men wrestling? Hmm doesn't sound gay at all! ;-)
    No homo!

I knew that was coming lol.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/19/2011 5:54pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by excludedmiddle View Post
    Except for the part where 2 hours in the hot tub ensures you have a terrible hangover no matter how little you drink.
    Really? Haven't had that problem yet.

Posted On:
    10/19/2011 6:19pm

forum leader
     Style: BJJ/ MMA/ MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    How quick a GSP thread can descend into homosexual innuendo! Then again, the title sort of set it up.
    GET A RED BELT OR DIE TRYIN'.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/19/2011 7:21pm

Style: BJJ (blue), Kempo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Really? Haven't had that problem yet.
    That's cool. Guess it's just me then. For some reason if I have just a few beers in the hot tub, I still get a hangover even if I drink lots of water afterward (since it's all just because of dehydration). It's pretty annoying since those 2 things go together quite well.

Now if only I can convince the HOA to put in a TV by the pool and buy UFC PPVs every month...

Shime Waza Test Dummy

Posted On:
    10/19/2011 7:24pm

Join us... or die
     Style: StrikeyGrappling & WW2-fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by jnp View Post
    Wow. It's $45 and $55 for HD here. My neighbor and I alternate buying them since our wives frequently go out for Girl's night out on Sat. and someone has to take care of the kids.

I hate running into meatheads in the bars while watching the fights. Add to that I'm a grownup who can afford to pay to support the sport, and it's beers, HD fights and the pause and rewind feature from the comfort of my living room on fight night.

I choose not to stream anything for the same reason I pay for the PPV, to support the sport.

That's weird, mine always looks at them with pity and pats me on the thigh when she watches them.
    there's a bar a stones throw from my front door, I go over there and pay $20 for a great steak dinner, all the trimmings, and watch UFC PPV on the big screen. easy peazy
    "Judo is a study of techniques with which you may kill if you wish to kill, injure if you wish to injure, subdue if you wish to subdue, and, when attacked, defend yourself" - Jigoro Kano (1889)
    ***Was this quote "taken out of context"?***

"The judoist has no time to allow himself a margin for error, especially in a situation upon which his or another person's very life depends...."
    ~ The Secret of Judo (Jiichi Watanabe & Lindy Avakian), p.19

"Hope is not a method... nor is enthusiasm."
    ~ Brigadier General Gordon Toney

Shime Waza Test Dummy

Posted On:
    10/19/2011 7:24pm

Join us... or die
     Style: StrikeyGrappling & WW2-fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by battlefields View Post
    How quick a GSP thread can descend into homosexual innuendo! Then again, the title sort of set it up.
    Look, it's doesn't matter that GSP is gay. you should respect him as a fighter, like I do
    "Judo is a study of techniques with which you may kill if you wish to kill, injure if you wish to injure, subdue if you wish to subdue, and, when attacked, defend yourself" - Jigoro Kano (1889)
    ***Was this quote "taken out of context"?***

"The judoist has no time to allow himself a margin for error, especially in a situation upon which his or another person's very life depends...."
    ~ The Secret of Judo (Jiichi Watanabe & Lindy Avakian), p.19

"Hope is not a method... nor is enthusiasm."
    ~ Brigadier General Gordon Toney
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 123 4 LastLast