Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/25/2011 5:55pm

Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Permalost View Post
    I wouldn't immediately suspect that she was lying, nor would I say that teenage girls are pathological liars, but I wouldn't be too surprised if she wasn't being totally honest. It's a real possibility, as we saw recently with the woman who claimed to be abducted in the PI after she went to learn martial arts from someone on Facebook. It turns out she was lying about the whole thing. Maybe the girl in this story is telling the truth, but maybe she's not and that's a possibility that should be acknowledged.

In this story though, it claimed that her body was covered in bruises. That makes it pretty clear she was being hit repeatedly, and I doubt that she beat herself with a stick just to create evidence.
    I'm not saying teen girls don't lie, of course they do because it's fun to lie. That said, if you read the article there are some pretty clear indications she wasn't.

Like when the parents admitted to it while implying it was their right as parents. Or when there was a witness who verified the girl's claims. Or when she was found covered in bruises.

Unless the girl coerced the witness, drugged her mother and stepfather and then hypnotized them in to believing they had beat her, and then had rough sex with her 24 year old boyfriend (because, let's be frank, no guy under the age of 24 really knows how to do rough sex right), I think it's obvious she was telling the truth.

And if the above scenario is true, she isn't just a lying teenager. She's the goddamn Catwoman.

Posted On:
    10/26/2011 9:15am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I am not saying she is lying about the entire thing, but many elements of the story do seem very off.

According to police, the teen was forced her to dress in armor and fight Fremon Seay with a wooden sword for two hours.
    I will outright say this is impossible, it is claimed she fought for 2 hours wearing medieval armour, yeah no.

I've fought in armour quite often, hell I fought in armour today and I can clearly say that going 5 minutes straight in Armour is quite the challenge.
    Today for example, sparing for 2 minute rounds with a minute in between for 15 minutes (so 5 rounds) was enough for me and my partner to find it hard to lift our swords or move in the stuff.

They are claiming that a 16 year old girl dueled a grown man, in armour for 2 hours? Not going to happen, ever, she wouldn't have collapsed from exhaustion, she would be DEAD (after 15 minutes might I add).

Spoiler:

Inb4 medieval battles could go for hours so 2 hours isn't impossible:
    We don't really know much about how medieval battles were actually fought, but a common theory is that people fought with a tag/buddy system, that you would fight for 2-5 minutes, then tag out and rest for a few minutes, then tag back in. It wasn't uncommon for people to die in battle from overheating and exhaustion after fighting for short periods of time.

when there was a witness who verified the girl's claims
    The mother was the witness, she is being charged for assault for not stepping in and stopping it.

I am not saying that she is lying about the entire sequence of events, I do believe that the parents were batshit and I do believe that she got into a duel, what I do not believe is the claims that the duel went for 2 hours and also I find the beating with the branch beforehand also... strange I mean, who the hell says "Go find me a branch so I can beat you with it before I medieval duel you"? It could have happened, but I just find that weird and out of place, but who knows, the parents are batshit.

Edit:
    Also after reading a more indepth article on this story, the girl didn't just come home after some party, she was arrested at a crack house and he had to come bail her out hence the duel when they returned home. Also the mother didn't step in so because the fight would "finally wipe the smirk from the daughters face."

With the full info, it seems more like a case of a huge problem child likely with drug problems and the parents finally snapped after she got arrested.

What is interesting though is that most articles are conveniently leaving the full story out, I guess "Innocent little angel 16 year old girl gets beaten half to death for sneaking out to party" sells more newspapers than "Teenage girl gets beaten by parents after being arrested at crack house"

Oh also now I realized that the branches thing was being beaten by something called a switch, which is apparently a hickory cane thing used to cane children, so the branch thing now seems totally in line with the rest of the story, my bad from before.
    (still do not believe the 2 hour duel though)
    Last edited by Kiron22; 10/26/2011 9:41am at .

Administrator

Posted On:
    10/26/2011 9:32am

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiron22 View Post
    "Go find me a branch so I can beat you with it before I medieval duel you"? It could have happened, but I just find that weird and out of place, but who knows, the parents are batshit.

Posted On:
    10/26/2011 10:43am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post

Haha, yeah I get it now, in my mind I was imagining some guy beating his daughter with a huge tree branch and I was thinking "WTF that can't be real".
    This whole Switch this is a bit before my time I think.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/26/2011 11:19pm

Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiron22 View Post

I will outright say this is impossible, it is claimed she fought for 2 hours wearing medieval armour, yeah no.

I've fought in armour quite often, hell I fought in armour today and I can clearly say that going 5 minutes straight in Armour is quite the challenge.
    Today for example, sparing for 2 minute rounds with a minute in between for 15 minutes (so 5 rounds) was enough for me and my partner to find it hard to lift our swords or move in the stuff.

They are claiming that a 16 year old girl dueled a grown man, in armour for 2 hours? Not going to happen, ever, she wouldn't have collapsed from exhaustion, she would be DEAD (after 15 minutes might I add).
    Maybe you and your friends just have shitty cardio. If we are going by anecdotal accounts of the human body's capacity, I've known 16 year old girls who could squat 300 lb and bench 200. I've known 16 year old girls that were more than capable of playing football with guys 3x their size and practiced every day with them, including doing 2 a days during the summer.

You don't know what kind of armor the guy was wearing, or what the daughter was wearing. You were incapable of realizing that there are different sizes of branches without doing outside research. I stand by my previous assessment: you are either trolling or just flat out stupid.

As for what the girl was doing at the party, I really don't give a ****. To me this is nothing more than an amusing anecdote about a bunch of nutjobs who decided medieval fuckery was a suitable punishment for their 16 year old girl. If she was caught at a crack house, I blame no one but the parents. This fact coupled with their unusual punishment practices only lends credence to them being **** parents.

In the event you are not trolling, I really don't see why you care so much if a high school girl did or did not have to fight her stepfather in a mock medieval duel. Is it because you don't like thinking that a 16 year old girl could fight longer than you? It's okay to be embarrassed about not having great cardio. Cardio's never been my strong suit. Consider adding or upping your running regimen. Maybe then you will have the tenacity to fight 16 year old swordswomen.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/28/2011 10:56pm

Style: bjj, sca, armored combat

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Just about the fighting for 2 hours bit, it may be possible that they stopped every few minutes, took off their helmets got water, and started up again. If his endurance was equal or greater than hers, and if he was stronger and more skilled than her as well, I could see the fight going on two hours that way, and it being a punishment.

Posted On:
    10/29/2011 11:35am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by captain zorikh View Post
    Just about the fighting for 2 hours bit, it may be possible that they stopped every few minutes, took off their helmets got water, and started up again. If his endurance was equal or greater than hers, and if he was stronger and more skilled than her as well, I could see the fight going on two hours that way, and it being a punishment.
    Your ASSuming they went full on for two hours, they may have fought for two hours and just not gone full out. I have practiced with a sword and shield for over two hours it's not impossible just unlikely.

Administrator

Posted On:
    10/29/2011 11:39am

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by DunkelAnanas View Post
    Is it because you don't like thinking that a 16 year old girl could fight longer than you? It's okay to be embarrassed about not having great cardio.
    lololol

Posted On:
    10/31/2011 11:54am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bneterasedmynam View Post
    Your ASSuming they went full on for two hours, they may have fought for two hours and just not gone full out. I have practiced with a sword and shield for over two hours it's not impossible just unlikely.
    And I replied to the wrong person lol. I'm surprised IIF didn't catch me. Oh well I guess I owe pushups now for that galactic f-up.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123