• Register
Our Sponsors:

Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    10/11/2011 10:33am

Style: Judo, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Bozella wins 1st and only pro fight at 52 after being wrongly convicted of murder

Full story here: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/44855266.../#.TpRXvXLUOHM

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	111011-aging-boxer-vlarge-115a.grid-5x2.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	17.0 KB 
ID:	12817

Dewey Bozella spent 26 years in jail. He was offered an early release if he admitted to the murder, but he refused to confess to a crime he didn't commit. He was finally saved after the lieutenant who investigated the case turned over evidence that favored Bozella.

Despite half of his life being spent behind bars, Bozella is getting ready to enter his one and only professional fight, to be aired on pay-per-view.

“I want to go out there and give 100 percent and then move on with my life,” he said. “This is not a career move. It’s a personal move and a way to let people know to never give up on their dreams. My favorite quote is ‘Don’t let fear determine who you are and never let where you come from determine where you’re going.’ That’s what this is about.”
    You can get into discussions about death penalty being administered ASAP, or you can talk about corrupt lawyers and cops. I just want to give respect to a man who upheld his integrity under extreme pressure and is still chasing his boxing dreams despite the shitstorm that life dealt him.
    "The pedant is he who finds it impossible to read criticism of himself without immediately reaching for his pen and replying to the effect that the accusation is a gross insult to his person. He is, in effect, a man unable to laugh at himself."Sigmund Freud, The Ego and the Id.

Posted On:
    10/11/2011 2:29pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Trad Ju Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That Hair cut is a crime.

No, really, it is...

Lightweight

Posted On:
    10/18/2011 9:08am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Judo, MT, KM

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Bozella wins 1st and only pro fight at 52 after being wrongly convicted of murder

http://abcnews.go.com/US/dewey-bozel...ry?id=14747101

Not a bad showing, I'm glad he got to live his dream. Should let me fade him up a bit though.

Titanium laced beauty

Posted On:
    10/18/2011 10:06am

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: BJJ, wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That right there, ladies and gentlemen, is what we call a triumph of the spirit.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/20/2011 11:05am

Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Great story. This part almost made me puke, though:

...But he was convicted based on the statements of two convicts who won their own freedom in return for testifying against him...
    I don't know who or where those guys are today, but I hope they're suffering. The prosecutors, too.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/07/2011 6:20pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If they don't turn THIS story into a movie, I'll drive to LA and and prick them with small wooden sticks until they give up and get it done! Seriously, it's amazing and this man is a freakin hero!

****, I would buy t-shirts and basically every lousy merchandise as long as it has his face on it

Administrator

Posted On:
    11/07/2011 6:51pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Search function noobs. Merged.