12/12/2011 12:24am

supporting member
     Style: judo hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    http://tjdkempo1.multiply.com/photos...ael_Velez_III#

John Paul Corrigan aka Tatakai,

From your link above......

Do you think the young chump ever gave one rep of these?

Hard to undo years of deceit overnight. Noticed you're 'undergoing maintenance' on many of your sites.

Posted On:
    12/12/2011 10:26am

Join us... or die
     Style: Aikido,Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I think it is possible to throw someone out of some organization but if someone has earned their rank, how could you take that away? I suppose that's how you do it with flakey rank selling orgs.

Nothing for Show, All for use

Posted On:
    12/13/2011 5:45pm

supporting member
     Style: Jook Lum South Mantis,

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Rank can be taken away but you cannot take away the knowledge. It is a form of censure, and is very common in many systems.

Administrator

Posted On:
    12/13/2011 5:52pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm going to play semantics. It can be rescinded you can't take away the Rank achieved. If you give me a Black Belt in "Dale Budo Iron Palm" I can leave the cert and belt/sash on my wall.

You can put all of the warnings, letters, and information everywhere, but I still reached that rank.

The panacea that always works?
    We had a falling out.

Posted On:
    12/13/2011 6:06pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The question on my mind when this kind of thing comes up, is this cert real?

In other words did the person actually train in this material or did he get a pass by his friends/sokeship council, etc and now claims to high rank in some art that they have never seen.

I have no problem with people claiming anything, but when asked to show their mastery of said material, they better bring it, or they will be known as lying, cheating mouth boxing nobodies.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    12/13/2011 10:25pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dale Dugas View Post

In other words did the person actually train in this material or did he get a pass by his friends/sokeship council, etc and now claims to high rank in some art that they have never seen.

I have no problem with people claiming anything, but when asked to show their mastery of said material, they better bring it, or they will be known as lying, cheating mouth boxing nobodies.
    LCMBN - lying cheating mouth boxing nobodies. Otherwise known as Diversified League of Martial Artists. http://www.dlma.iwarp.com/

For a sum, you can buy membership in their organizations, video distance learning programs, certification of rank and overall goodwill within the circle jerk. Goodwill until one of the herd screws up beyond the norm and shines the light onto their game. Then, it's throw the huckster under the bus and cover your ass.

Posted On:
    12/13/2011 10:28pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    sad.

Very sad.

Administrator

Posted On:
    12/13/2011 11:42pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dale Dugas View Post

Yes, on this we definitely agree. The Cert is just a piece of paper. People tend to forget it is the acts behind the paper that make it legit.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    1/07/2012 10:35pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Velez and Corrigan have omitted each others names after Corrigan threw Velez under the bus.

Velez's news http://www.amj.iwarp.com/contact_2.html portion of his site shows

I SPOKE ABOUT THIS LAST WEEK. AMJ IN 2012 WILL ONLY RANK PEOPLE THROUGH VIDEO TESTING AND NEW MEMBERS CAN ALSO TEST IN PERSON WITH AN AMJ INSTRUCTOR. AMJ INSTRUCTORS ARE LOCATED IN ALL MAJOR AREAS IN THE USA. THERE ARE SOME AMJ INSTRUCTORS IN THE UK , CANADA , AND OTHER PARTS OF THE WORLD.
    KEEP TRAINING AND CHECK BACK FOR MORE UPDATES.
    MASTER ISRAEL VELEZ III
    MASTER VELEZ INC

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/21/2012 4:41am

Style: Combatives, SAMBO,

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gezere View Post
    t!) As for the Gracies training the Rangers. Yeah SFC (ret) Matt Larsen and a few others wen to Cali to train with the Gracies then come back and develop MACP. I know this well because I am one of the earlier certified Instructors. (Which is also easily verified by Larsen or contacting the Combatives school at Ft Benning) So fess up or STFU.
    Maybe I'm wrong. I thought Larsen and the Ranger teams went to Brazil to train to develop the MACP program. Been awhile since I've been in Combatives but yeah, thought that was part of the foundation of it all
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 6 LastLast