Tsun-Derrorist

Posted On:
    11/14/2011 6:03am

supporting member
     Style: ^_^

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Eudemic View Post
    Are you sure he wasn't being sarcastic? He used the term 'Islamicism'. . . .
    He is one hundred percent po-faced about this. Miller-kun believes with deadly seriousness in the Clash Of Civilizations. Here's a bit from an interview he had on NPR:

"Frank Miller: Well, okay, then let’s finally talk about the enemy. For some reason, nobody seems to be talking about who we’re up against, and the sixth century barbarism that they actually represent. These people saw peoples’ heads off. They enslave women, they genitally mutilate their daughters, they do not behave by any cultural norms that are sensible to us. I’m speaking into a microphone that never could have been a product of their culture, and I’m living in a city where three thousand of my neighbors were killed by thieves of airplanes they never could have built."

ITT Frank Miller thinks Islam is a culture, except when it's an Ideology of Terror, except when it's a sinister religion...Basically, Islam is whatever Frank Miller finds most spooky at any given time.

If you also swallow the jingoistic cat piss known as Clash Of Civilizations, take it to another thread. We're making fun of Frank Miller here, and you by extension.

"The only important elements in any society
    are the artistic and the criminal,
    because they alone, by questioning the society's values,
    can force it to change."-Samuel R. Delany

RENDERING GELATINOUS WINDMILL OF DICKS

THIS IS GOING TO BE THE BEST NON-EUCLIDIAN SPLATTERJOUST EVER

It seems that the only people who support anarchy are faggots, who want their pathetic immoral lifestyle accepted by the mainstream society. It wont be so they try to create their own.-Oldman34, friend to all children

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/14/2011 8:44am

Style: Taijiquan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by dflanmod View Post
    Not preaching anything of the sort.

I'm saying that the consumer is the driving force behind decisions that corporations make.
    If the consumer wants cheaply made, inferior goods you can damn well bet that there is going to be a company that steps in to fill that void in the market.
    I don't believe in that. As far my poor economy education goes, in a "supply and demand"-thing it is allways the supply that finds it's demand, and not the other way round. So I'm with FinalLegion here.

It is not a matter of costing too much. Even if every body in the U.S made 67k a year people would still wish to get more for their dollar. That wish to have more for less drives corporations to put products to the market as cheaply as possible.
    Your assumption of consumers choice in the way of homo oeconomicus is propably less total, than you indicate it may be. However, as far deliberate consumership imply a special mindset, I'm with you.
    Still, mindset without that extra money to spent for products of deliberate choice eventually lacks in power to move from wishful thinking to proper action.

Thus you have outsourcing to other countries.
    My guess, corporations do outsource, evade taxation etc, for two reasons. First, because the get the impression it is profitable - at least to them, and second, because chances are great the get away with it.

Keep in mind, please, from the point of view of business administration taxes and wages are expenses and have to be reduced in order to maximize profit. To accomplish this is the job of business-people. Thus by their very occupation they are latent tax evadors and exploiters.

It's all set by man and can be changed. Stop outsourcing paying of and you'll stop outsourcing to a great deal.

my two cent.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/14/2011 1:44pm

Style: Out of Practice

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hedgehogey View Post
    If you also swallow the jingoistic cat piss known as Clash Of Civilizations, take it to another thread. We're making fun of Frank Miller here, and you by extension.
    Not trying to rain on your parade at all, just sort of shocked that people will (with a straight-face and in all seriousness) still make statements like he has, and that there are people who will accept them as true.
    Last edited by Eudemic; 11/14/2011 1:44pm at . Reason: Yay grammar!

Tsun-Derrorist

Posted On:
    11/14/2011 3:18pm

supporting member
     Style: ^_^

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    General you, as I know there are others on the site who do.

"The only important elements in any society
    are the artistic and the criminal,
    because they alone, by questioning the society's values,
    can force it to change."-Samuel R. Delany

RENDERING GELATINOUS WINDMILL OF DICKS

THIS IS GOING TO BE THE BEST NON-EUCLIDIAN SPLATTERJOUST EVER

It seems that the only people who support anarchy are faggots, who want their pathetic immoral lifestyle accepted by the mainstream society. It wont be so they try to create their own.-Oldman34, friend to all children

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/14/2011 4:05pm

Style: Kempo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by dwkfym View Post
    Was Mark Twain an authority on anything... but AP English exams?

Actually Clemens was quite insightful when taken in the context of his times.Are
    you perhaps familar with his sociopolitical writings? If not give a cursory examination
    to them at some point , his stance on the Spanish American War and the invasion
    of the Phillipines being particularly interesting.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/28/2012 3:40am

Style: JKD, BJJ, FMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    We have an Occupy Honolulu in Oahu. Regardless of what others think about the occupy movement in general, I find the Occupy Honolulu people funny specifically because they hunkered down in the park by Ward Avenue, and to do that they had to kick out a whole bunch of homeless people.

Edit: Crap, sorry for the necro. Should have checked the last post date.

Posted On:
    6/28/2012 4:02am

forum leader
     Style: BJJ/ MMA/ MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Fucking hell, time flies on this site. Feels like only yesterday this thread was cropping up daily.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Machette View Post
    Ups to Battlefields for dropping the sage wisdom.

You are like a Pimp Yoda.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tranquil Suit View Post
    Battlefields... You're more of a man than I am.
    GET A RED BELT OR DIE TRYIN'.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/28/2012 7:40am

Style: BJJ (blue), Kempo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Robdogg View Post
    I find the Occupy Honolulu people funny specifically because they hunkered down in the park by Ward Avenue, and to do that they had to kick out a whole bunch of homeless people.
    That is funny. Most Occupy movements feed and shelter the homeless before getting arrested for protesting.

Welterweight

Posted On:
    6/29/2012 9:31pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I thought it was feed the homeless, crap on a police car, place old women on the front line, get pepper sprayed then get arrested......
Page 60 of 60 FirstFirst ... 10505657585960