228375 Bullies, 4074 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Page 1 of 60 1 23451151 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Enforcer of Northeast Anti-Silliness Department Inc.

Posted On:
    10/13/2011 8:20pm

supporting member
     Style: Kaju, BJJ, Judo, Kempo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Occupy This

I just found out I have friends who are joining the Occupy ______ people down at Wall Street in NYC. le sigh...
    Knowing is not enough, you must apply...
    ...Willing is not enough you must do
    ~Bruce Lee

Posted On:
    10/13/2011 8:26pm

forum leader
     Style: BJJ/ MMA/ MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Is this some "I'm so superior in intelligence to people that I don't even need to explain my position because people won't understand being that I am so much more intelligent than them" sort of thread?
    GET A RED BELT OR DIE TRYIN'.

Enforcer of Northeast Anti-Silliness Department Inc.

Posted On:
    10/13/2011 9:17pm

supporting member
     Style: Kaju, BJJ, Judo, Kempo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by battlefields View Post
    Is this some "I'm so superior in intelligence to people that I don't even need to explain my position because people won't understand being that I am so much more intelligent than them" sort of thread?
    No, it's a "People I know have depressed me, and the reason why is so glaringly obvious that even a nutless monkey like Battlefields should understand why."
    Knowing is not enough, you must apply...
    ...Willing is not enough you must do
    ~Bruce Lee

Posted On:
    10/13/2011 9:27pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Aikido,Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Some friends of mine used to disapoint me, during the disco era. I guess they never saw the inherrent beauty of that mirror ball and platform shoes.

Posted On:
    10/13/2011 9:46pm

forum leader

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ke?poFist View Post
    No, it's a "People I know have depressed me, and the reason why is so glaringly obvious that even a nutless monkey like Battlefields should understand why."
    Someone pissed in his own coffee this morning.

I don't have any idea what the movement is about save for a whole heap of people going to Wall Street presumably to protest against rich people. Just because you know what the **** is going on because you're 'Murican doesn't mean everyone else in the world does.

Not that I really care, but your original post reeks of an emo attempting to appear intelligent and I was hoping to elicit an opinion, rather than a bitch reply. Seems I failed in that task.

Now, I'll try again. Why, for the benefit of those outside of your sheltered little cocoon who don't know much of the protest, it's origins or it's participants, is it a sigh- worthy offence for some of your friends to be involved in such a protest?

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    10/13/2011 10:01pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    As is so often the case, I will repeat the wisedom passed down unto me by my Pop about these people who are dropping all their responsiblities to live like panhandlers:

"Get a haircut and a job, hippies."

Heavyweight

Posted On:
    10/13/2011 10:24pm

supporting member
     Style: Kyokushinkai / Kajukenbo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I make an illustration that everyone can probably grasp. The little house on the left is what 99% of Americans get. The house on the right is what 1% get:
    "Preparing mentally, the most important thing is, if you aren't doing it for the love of it, then don't do it." - Benny Urquidez

Heavyweight

Posted On:
    10/13/2011 10:30pm

supporting member
     Style: Kyokushinkai / Kajukenbo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    For those who can understand graphs, here's one:

For those who can understand numbers:

and for the few who want to read (I admit I skimmed it) http://nycga.cc/2011/09/30/declarati...new-york-city/ Oh, and the comments include the get a job hippie stuff.
    As we gather together in solidarity to express a feeling of mass injustice, we must not lose sight of what brought us together. We write so that all people who feel wronged by the corporate forces of the world can know that we are your allies.

As one people, united, we acknowledge the reality: that the future of the human race requires the cooperation of its members; that our system must protect our rights, and upon corruption of that system, it is up to the individuals to protect their own rights, and those of their neighbors; that a democratic government derives its just power from the people, but corporations do not seek consent to extract wealth from the people and the Earth; and that no true democracy is attainable when the process is determined by economic power. We come to you at a time when corporations, which place profit over people, self-interest over justice, and oppression over equality, run our governments. We have peaceably assembled here, as is our right, to let these facts be known.

They have taken our houses through an illegal foreclosure process, despite not having the original mortgage.
    They have taken bailouts from taxpayers with impunity, and continue to give Executives exorbitant bonuses.
    They have perpetuated inequality and discrimination in the workplace based on age, the color of one’s skin, sex, gender identity and sexual orientation.
    They have poisoned the food supply through negligence, and undermined the farming system through monopolization.
    They have profited off of the torture, confinement, and cruel treatment of countless animals, and actively hide these practices.
    They have continuously sought to strip employees of the right to negotiate for better pay and safer working conditions.
    They have held students hostage with tens of thousands of dollars of debt on education, which is itself a human right.
    They have consistently outsourced labor and used that outsourcing as leverage to cut workers’ healthcare and pay.
    They have influenced the courts to achieve the same rights as people, with none of the culpability or responsibility.
    They have spent millions of dollars on legal teams that look for ways to get them out of contracts in regards to health insurance.
    They have sold our privacy as a commodity.
    They have used the military and police force to prevent freedom of the press. They have deliberately declined to recall faulty products endangering lives in pursuit of profit.
    They determine economic policy, despite the catastrophic failures their policies have produced and continue to produce.
    They have donated large sums of money to politicians, who are responsible for regulating them.
    They continue to block alternate forms of energy to keep us dependent on oil.
    They continue to block generic forms of medicine that could save people’s lives or provide relief in order to protect investments that have already turned a substantial profit.
    They have purposely covered up oil spills, accidents, faulty bookkeeping, and inactive ingredients in pursuit of profit.
    They purposefully keep people misinformed and fearful through their control of the media.
    They have accepted private contracts to murder prisoners even when presented with serious doubts about their guilt.
    They have perpetuated colonialism at home and abroad. They have participated in the torture and murder of innocent civilians overseas.
    They continue to create weapons of mass destruction in order to receive government contracts. *

To the people of the world,

We, the New York City General Assembly occupying Wall Street in Liberty Square, urge you to assert your power.

Exercise your right to peaceably assemble; occupy public space; create a process to address the problems we face, and generate solutions accessible to everyone.

To all communities that take action and form groups in the spirit of direct democracy, we offer support, documentation, and all of the resources at our disposal.

Join us and make your voices heard!

*These grievances are not all-inclusive.
    "Preparing mentally, the most important thing is, if you aren't doing it for the love of it, then don't do it." - Benny Urquidez

Posted On:
    10/13/2011 10:35pm

forum leader

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah, but can you tell me why?

Posted On:
    10/13/2011 10:49pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Aikido,Judo