Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 12 34 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/16/2011 6:06pm

Style: Issh"i"nryu fixed....

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I just watched it on youtube. I always thought Chad was a punk, this just confirmed it. His fierce denial of a rematch seems kinda dodgy.

What a shitty year for boxing. Blatant low blows winning fights, clueless refs, obviously bought out judges, scams... Dirty dirty dirty. These are the same people governing mma, another few years and mma will be unwatchable too. This **** has got to stop.

Posted On:
    10/17/2011 2:55pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Trad Ju Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I may be completely wrong on this but I thought the commentator asked him if he'd give Hopkins a re-match. He replied with an emphatic 'No' to that so when he was asked who he wanted next, I thought he said "Pacquiao". Nor did he seem to be joking.

The thought occurred that he should try Vitali or Vlad but of course, they'd be too big - haha.

My ears and my good self could have misheard so I could be very wrong...

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/17/2011 2:59pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    He said Pascal, the guy who beat him and got tooled by B-Hop.

Posted On:
    10/17/2011 3:06pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Trad Ju Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thank you. I'll try extra hard to clean out my ears in the next Shower.

Cheers..

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/17/2011 3:37pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It wasn't your fault, he really talks like that. He'll probably end up with a slur that rivals James Toney when he's drunk.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/17/2011 4:43pm

Style: Western Boxing, Tai Chi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by OZZ View Post
    What a fucking disgrace ! Its been a while since I've seen such an incompetent ruling - it screams of corruption.
    Agbeko-Mares was a million times worse, and almost made me quit watching boxing altogether. Then the IBF mandated a rematch, and I saw there is some justice in boxing.

Quote Originally Posted by Super8astard
    What a shitty year for boxing. Blatant low blows winning fights, clueless refs, obviously bought out judges, scams... Dirty dirty dirty. These are the same people governing mma, another few years and mma will be unwatchable too. This **** has got to stop.
    I notice a weird pattern in big boxing events. Main events always end in controversy, while the undercards end up being legendary. Even if Hopkins-Dawson went to 12 rounds, it would have never been as good as DeMarco-Linares -- which was on the undercard.

Same thing happened to Mayweather-Ortiz. Morales-Cano was on the undercard and was amazing. Arce-Vasquez was on the undercard of Pacquiao-Mosley, and was the better fight.

Here's how I think American boxing can be fixed:
    • Stop promoting the undercards as undercards
    • Start promoting them as double or triple header main events
    • Let casual fans know that there's more than one potential spectacular fight on the menu

Problem solved. Instead of people turning on the TV for one big superfight, have them tune in for two or three -- and let it be known that anything can happen. Sometimes you'll see art, sometimes fireworks, sometimes controversy.

I have emotions.

Posted On:
    10/17/2011 5:12pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    James Toney sez: http://fighthype.com/pages/content10995.html

Also, Toney once fought an entire fight with a ripped bicep, so it would have sickened him seeing Hopkins give up like that last night.

IMO, thou there is a grain of truth in there, Chad shouldn't have 'rassled' him in the first place.

(tab) Forum > Forum Actions > General Settings > in Thread Display Options > Number of Posts to Show Per Page: 40

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/17/2011 5:32pm

Style: Western Boxing, Tai Chi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tranquil Suit View Post
    James Toney sez: http://fighthype.com/pages/content10995.html

Also, Toney once fought an entire fight with a ripped bicep, so it would have sickened him seeing Hopkins give up like that last night.

IMO, thou there is a grain of truth in there, Chad shouldn't have 'rassled' him in the first place.
    Toney always talks ****. Hopkins would have continued if he was given the option, but wanted to use his (legitimate) injury as a stalling tactic. It backfired on him.

This should still be ruled NC since it's apparent within the rules that a TKO can only happen due to a punch.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    10/17/2011 6:55pm

supporting member
     Style: Short Fist Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Who cares what Toney thinks.
    He 's an MMA fighter now, he's too busy working on his ground game , which is ' Good ' according to him, to know what's going on in Boxing anymore.
    " If one wants to have a friend one must also want to wage war for him: and to wage war one must be capable of being an enemy." - Fr. Nietzsche 'On The Friend' Thus Spake Zarathustra

I have emotions.

Posted On:
    10/17/2011 7:12pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by OZZ View Post
    Who cares what Toney thinks.
    He 's an MMA fighter now, he's too busy working on his ground game , which is ' Good ' according to him, to know what's going on in Boxing anymore.
    Oh common, can you name any other MMA fighter with such world class accolades in boxing?

(tab) Forum > Forum Actions > General Settings > in Thread Display Options > Number of Posts to Show Per Page: 40
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 12 34 LastLast