Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 12 34 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    10/12/2011 11:20am

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    At 240lbs I find knee on belly to be the best behavior modifier.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/12/2011 11:23am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by jnp View Post
    He later tried to punch me in the face instead of tapping to a choke.
    This sounds like a good way to get choked out.

Last week we had a few new guys come in. One of them tried to claw my eyes while I was mounted on him. But it wasn't like an accident. Throughout the roll, every time I mounted him he was reaching up trying to claw my eyes. Needless to say I armbarred him every time. He has since not utilized teh d34d1y str33t 3y3 g0ug3 mount escape.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/12/2011 11:33am

Style: BJJ n stuff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    One thing I noticed since ah gots ma blooo is that the spazzy noobs approach with a bit more trepidation, for the most part they have already been destroyed by a bunch of white belts so they are usually resigned to tapping out quickly when rolling with coloured belts.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/12/2011 12:16pm

Style: Muay Thai, Luta Livre

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I have a buddy who spazz's everytime I get good position or an almost submission. One time he had top half guard, he turned away from me as to go for an armlock on the ooposite side, so I used my elbows to get his weight off of me. He kinda flipped, I got him off, he went to open guard and he would "spider walk" to me and then kick me with a front push kick a couple times. He'd actually leap into it.

Last night, I almost had the Kimura from bottom half (I had my knee in a Z guard), he decided to get out he needed to drop an elbow on my ribs. Not place it and push but more like a ground and pound style elbow. It didn't hurt, but it definately suprised me and made me let go (More cause I thought I may have hurt him, which usually what I think when someone spazz's)

The point? Not all spazz's are white belts! I don't mind this from one guy as I can control when I'm gonna roll with him and it adds a bit of "Danger" to the evening.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/12/2011 12:32pm

Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Get this in Judo a lot as well, except they have the opportunity to spazz during stand up randori and well as on the ground, though newaza seems to freak them out more though. My usual tactic is to get them to turtle them just lie on them for a while whilst they tire themselves out.

Posted On:
    10/12/2011 12:48pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by bigstu31s View Post
    senior white belts
    Not sure if serious

Welterweight

Posted On:
    10/12/2011 1:23pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm done with spazzy noobs. The last one I rolled with was grinding his knuckles into every part of my body and face. I had bruises on my face for almost a week after that. I think from now on I'm just going to tap out when they start spazzing and go roll with somebody else.

I don't get it. Before my first class I spent 2 weeks reading up on BJJ. I learned about spazzing before I ever stepped on the matt. And yes I'm sure I used way to much strength but I was always in controll and nobody had to tell me to calm the **** down. There are more BJJ beginners tips out there than you can shake a stick at but dumbasses gonna be dumbasses.

Posted On:
    10/12/2011 4:04pm

Style: BJJ, formerly Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I had a guy with prodigious strength holding me (from the bottom) in north/south with a gable grip grab. I'm 78kgs and 6'2, so I'm not particularly muscly. I couldn't escape for the life of me, even though I was in the dominant position and I knew exactly how to armbar him from there. Just basically lay there for a while until he moved. Then it was welcome to armbar town, population: You.

I've noticed noobspaz is fairly easily prevented just by controlling the head as they are in one's guard. When they excessively force themselves up, kimura sweep, repeat ad nauseum. Good drilling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Judoka_UK
    Judo is the PC to Sambo's Mac.

Posted On:
    10/12/2011 5:08pm

Style: Kyokushin Karate / BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by jnp View Post
    Years ago on his first day, I had a backyard crappler repeatedly drop and try for the flying heel hook despite being told they were off limits to beginners. He did this at full speed and intent. If he had actually managed to get a hold of my foot properly, there is no doubt in my mind he would have injured me to no small degree.

After the third warning and subsequent fourth attempt I stopped being nice. He later tried to punch me in the face instead of tapping to a choke.
    I would have put him to sleep ... just saying. If you're going to be a spaz, that's one thing. I can even forgive people for it (being new and all) but being a spaz douchebag, my patience will meet it's limit very quickly.

I've rolled with a few people who were newbie spaztards. The worst one I got was a guy who spazed out and kneed me right in the side of my head, I thought "well that didn't tickle" and continued rolling until I noticed I was bleeding everywhere. Cut me open quite well :(

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/13/2011 9:43am

Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I never got why people would go berserk and try to eye gouge\punch\hurt someone who's in a position to effortlessly cripple or murder them, but then again I'm not a (massive) douche.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 12 34 LastLast