Lightweight

Posted On:
    10/10/2011 3:23pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Judo, MT, KM

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

jumped out the window

So I was in the market for a new handgun and had thought about getting a nice good ol berretta m9 for carrying capacity and cheap ammo. I went to check one out and it felt alrightish but I ended up falling for a springfield arms xd357 instead. I really like the feel, weight, and balance. It reminded me of the glock 23 I used to have, but better. I must have been feeling really good that day because I went out on a limb and bought it along with a holster and a crimson trace grip.

Not sure why it never occured to me that 357 mag ammo and 357 sig ammo was different. Somehow I had it all figured that it would take the same ammo as my s&w 686, thus saving me money in the long run. major facepalm when I realized how utterly dumb that idea was. Then I went looking for ammo and found limited supply, limited options, and high prices.

Any links to high quality yet affordable bulk ammo would be appreciated. Also does anyone have info or advice on converting 357sig to .40? I love what I purchased but I think I need some cheaper alternatives if I want to shoot more at the range.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/10/2011 3:29pm

Style: Karate-knockdown, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I am not sure about any conversions for the XD. 357Sig, eh? Great round. I love the round other than cost. If you do find a conversion, try for a 9mm conversion. It is much more cost effective.

Lightweight

Posted On:
    10/10/2011 3:50pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by searcher66071 View Post
    I am not sure about any conversions for the XD. 357Sig, eh? Great round. I love the round other than cost. If you do find a conversion, try for a 9mm conversion. It is much more cost effective.
    great point. 9mm conversion would make more sense.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/10/2011 3:56pm

Style: BJJ & MMA, Kali

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    [URL="http://www.barsto.com/category_main.cfm?ID=XD&cco=63"[/URL]

You can get a .40 or 9mm barrel to just drop in I think. Not very expensive.

Lightweight

Posted On:
    10/11/2011 7:05am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Killbot View Post
    [URL="http://www.barsto.com/category_main.cfm?ID=XD&cco=63"[/URL]

You can get a .40 or 9mm barrel to just drop in I think. Not very expensive.
    Nice. Thanks for the link, that is pretty affordable. I'll be checking this out pretty soon.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/11/2011 3:45pm

Style: Karate-knockdown, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    To add to the above link: Barsto are not adrop in barrel. Barsto barrels do require a bit of filing to fit. They are considered a semi drop in. Barsto makes great barrels, but they are somewhat of a pain without a bit of smithing knowledge.

Lightweight

Posted On:
    10/12/2011 1:25pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by searcher66071 View Post
    To add to the above link: Barsto are not adrop in barrel. Barsto barrels do require a bit of filing to fit. They are considered a semi drop in. Barsto makes great barrels, but they are somewhat of a pain without a bit of smithing knowledge.
    hmmm... definitely good to know. Y'all have given me a good starting point to begin researching drop ins anyhow. Thanks.