Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/06/2005 10:21pm

Style: Empty-Hand Style

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

I do Karate !!

Ok fine "I do Karate" isn't the best title for this but what the heck was a suppose to write .Anyway let may lay down my problem for all of you.You see I've been doing MA for like around 3 years (still a noobie) and I'm always trying to prove to myself that what Ive spent so much time on doing (and still am) was actually worth it.How the hell do I do that ???!!!! Well I picked fights with bullies and scum firstly by angering them with smart-ass talk so that they actually throw a punch that'd kill.This is something that many a martial artist will call a disgraceful act but how else am I suppose to prove meself of my abilities when I can't find almost NO-ONE whod like to get into a full contact fight with me (Not because i look like superman "5'9" or anything but cause them just chicken).What do I do ???????

...is THE PENETRATOR

Posted On:
    7/06/2005 10:38pm

supporting member
     Style: German longsword, .45 ACP

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Are there kickboxing gyms in Bangladesh?
    “nobody shoots anybody in the face unless you’re a hit man or a video gamer.” - Jack Thompson
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jack_Th...%28attorney%29

Being Sublime Daily

Posted On:
    7/06/2005 10:55pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ/MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Welcome to Bullshido! I used to do Karate as well when I joined up here. I want you to know that I feel your pain, and I've been in the exact same situation... where my training failed to fulfill my desire for continuous live contact sparing. Picking fights on the street isn't the answer, but changing the way you train will make all the difference.

Check out the story of my experience. In the end I found karate-do was not the right path for me.

Best of luck with your training... and welcome!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/07/2005 6:05am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I read yer story man.Yea I know how powerful BJJ is.If I had the chance I'd train BJJ and kickboxing but sadly there are no dojos here of those so I searched around and found myself the closest thing I could find.This Wado-ryu styles here got Shotokan punches and taekwando kicks with Juijitsu/Akido style grappling techiques.Also good evasive footwork like em boxers.I'm currently happy with my style since in this country karate has less to do with tradition but given the chance I'd switch anytime.I love fighting and I dont care who I fight just for the fun of evolving I do so .

The Eternal n00b

Posted On:
    7/07/2005 6:17am

Join us... or die
     Style: CM Boxing/BJJ/RBSD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shams
    Well I picked fights with bullies and scum firstly by angering them with smart-ass talk so that they actually throw a punch that'd kill.This is something that many a martial artist will call a disgraceful act but how else am I suppose to prove meself of my abilities when I can't find almost NO-ONE whod like to get into a full contact fight with me (Not because i look like superman "5'9" or anything but cause them just chicken).What do I do ???????
    I'm not trying to be offensive, but I think you need a reality check. Placing yourself in situations where you can get killed to test your abilities is kind of stupid.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/07/2005 6:19am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    By the way i think your karate dojo really sucked ........I know because i practically get to travel all over the world (my dads an airplane engineer, free tickets) and the mc dojos and american movies and all that **** has taken away the essence of karate...before a hundered years ago people used to fight until one of their bones broke or atleast their nose bled (i read this in many japanese books).Karate even had grappling involved ....But now nooooooooooooo.......who did this ........Who in F#cks name did this ?

Oh yea Hell to the ****** who cut yer belt in two .....I got so called friends like that in the dojo, they cant stand losing and pratically uses bullshido to defend themselves .I hope you can forgive karate but dont forgive those bastards that gave it a bad name.

Grandmaster Sensei of Village Idiocy

Posted On:
    7/07/2005 6:33am

Join us... or die
     Style: Kyokushin and Judo.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Karate trained properly is a powerful style. Just look at Kyokushin. Other karate styles like Goju Ryu can be the same. If its old school karate with plenty of hard contact sparring and harsh training which pushes you - then your onto a good thing.

Shams. Stop trying to start fights. I know, I know you wanna be the ultimate fighter everyone fears, you wanna be more than just man you wanna be legend,yeah I've seen Batman Begins too. Its great. But going around and starting fights is NOT smart. Its a good way to get yourself in a situation you cannot handle. Just train hard and be humble about what you do.
    Hannibal: The sworn enemy of dishonest politicians, source of entertainment on Bullshido and newly appointed Office Linebacker. Terry Tait ain't got **** on me !!!!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/07/2005 6:41am

Style: Arnis, WC, Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    By the way i think your karate dojo really sucked ........I know because i practically get to travel all over the world (my dads an airplane engineer, free tickets) and the mc dojos and american movies and all that **** has taken away the essence of karate
    WTF? Are you saying that all US karate sucks? This is perhaps the most stupid thing I've ever heard... particularly as it looks like you don't actually do much karate... more like a hodge-podge of various styles that is under the umbrella of karate. I'm not even American, and haven't done much karate (some bs when I was 12 that sounds a little like what you're doing now), but I've met some people who do karate who are excellent martial artists.

before a hundered years ago people used to fight until one of their bones broke or atleast their nose bled (i read this in many japanese books).Karate even had grappling involved ....But now nooooooooooooo.......who did this ........Who in F#cks name did this ?.
    As for not fighting until someone has broken bones -- so are u saying this is what you do? Or would you do this? Would you do this if someone teamed you up against someone who was say a 3rd dan in karate and was 6' 10" and weighed 300lbs, or perhaps only against kids in your dojo? How about you try and find a training partner who would be willing to do this every lesson.

Oh yea Hell to the ****** who cut yer belt in two .....I got so called friends like that in the dojo, they cant stand losing and pratically uses bullshido to defend themselves .I hope you can forgive karate but dont forgive those bastards that gave it a bad name.
    You don't get it do you... bullshido isn't bullshido if you can use it to defend yourself...

Corrections Officer

Posted On:
    7/07/2005 6:52am

supporting member
     Style: American Jujitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This has to be a joke.

"There is no such thing as a bisexual man. If you like dick, you're gay."

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/07/2005 10:22am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sorry "I aint punchy" I really didn't mean all U.S dojos but hell most of em suck and thats the ultimate truth no matter how bullshido you put on me ........As for everything else you wrote ,I did not understand a god damn thing. Is it hard for you to understnad my english when I said "before a hundred years ago" and you quote "so are u saying this is what you do? Or would you do this? Would you do this if someone teamed you up against someone who was say a 3rd dan in karate and was 6' 10" and weighed 300lbs". I didn't mean people should be kicking dumasses twice their size I just implied that karate in the old days was better and tougher than it is now you dumb ****. As for "KickaHippi", whats a jinga?My english too needs a spitshine.
Page 1 of 6 1 2345 ... LastLast