Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    10/19/2011 4:11pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lu Tze View Post
    Why not use the collar to choke em, that's what a snap down is for right?

Unless you just fancy rubbing their face into the mat for a bit, that can be fun too.
    When they try and stand up, because they're all angry you bury them with a massive O soto...

BJJ might make you a better ground fighter, but Judo will make you a better dancer.

Posted On:
    10/19/2011 4:19pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ah, black belt wisdom.

I'm still tempted to hit em with koshi jime, you can get some nice splutterin' from a good koshi jime.

Posted On:
    10/19/2011 4:28pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lu Tze View Post
    Ah, black belt wisdom.

I'm still tempted to hit em with koshi jime, you can get some nice splutterin' from a good koshi jime.
    Yeh its a good option, as long as you're good at it. If you can do the Donoghue roll then that looks much more awesome

However, I have a hard on for O soto and burying people with O soto off the knees really batters them and they know they've been pwned.

Also a bit safer during standing randori, you look at lot less clever, awesome if you try a strangle and then get a pair land on you...

Posted On:
    10/22/2011 5:16pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Kenkojuku Karate, Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BKR View Post
    I wish instructors were more responsible so that sort of situation would never arise. What on earth is a white belt with 2 days of Judo doing in normal randori? So the guy can do ukemi safely after two classes?

Like the guy would have any skill or control at the too many throws he's been shown in two days of judo.

Run away from that dojo.
    They do often allow new people to do normal randori often, which is risky, but if you only attend classes where they teach exactly the way you think is correctly, you'll be self-training forever. (Plus spazzy white belts can't hurt me generally, they produce some decent judoka, and I'm learning. I'm sure more elite training facilities exist in the world, but I'll be sticking around.)

I was wrong, though, that kid had done Judo longer (but still a white belt who hadn't ever been taught a tomoenage, so point remains) at our other location. It was only the 2nd time I'd seen him where I go. The hyper-extension was just a minor one (she still competed next week), but could've been worse.

I understand the safety risk, but I do also understand he probably wants to let them in on the most fun part of class in hopes they stick around. They have a lot of black belts so they get pretty close supervision from a couple of people. It only takes a split second to drop into a spastic sacrifice though.

Tsun-Derrorist

Posted On:
    10/22/2011 5:37pm

supporting member
     Style: ^_^

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Everybody keeps telling him its bad and that you cant attack for that position but he wont listen he just comes out with bulls**t like " oh if only leg grabs were allowed"
    Gee that's funny. When I trained with Kamal Shalorus he never told us to bend over like an eager twink to shoot.

"The only important elements in any society
    are the artistic and the criminal,
    because they alone, by questioning the society's values,
    can force it to change."-Samuel R. Delany

RENDERING GELATINOUS WINDMILL OF DICKS

THIS IS GOING TO BE THE BEST NON-EUCLIDIAN SPLATTERJOUST EVER

It seems that the only people who support anarchy are faggots, who want their pathetic immoral lifestyle accepted by the mainstream society. It wont be so they try to create their own.-Oldman34, friend to all children

Posted On:
    10/22/2011 8:19pm

Style: Kendo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BKR View Post
    What on earth is a white belt with 2 days of Judo doing in normal randori?
    We let our white belts do randori. Only with senior belts. And they are doing most of the throwing. OK, so it's really more sute-geiko.....

My dog is cuter and smarter than yours.

Posted On:
    10/22/2011 9:16pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Kodokan Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by NeilG View Post
    We let our white belts do randori. Only with senior belts. And they are doing most of the throwing. OK, so it's really more sute-geiko.....
    Yeah, that's a lot different, though, I've go no problem with that sort of training. It's not really randori in that case.
    Falling for Judo since 1980

My dog is cuter and smarter than yours.

Posted On:
    10/22/2011 9:18pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Kodokan Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by maofas View Post
    They do often allow new people to do normal randori often, which is risky, but if you only attend classes where they teach exactly the way you think is correctly, you'll be self-training forever. (Plus spazzy white belts can't hurt me generally, they produce some decent judoka, and I'm learning. I'm sure more elite training facilities exist in the world, but I'll be sticking around.)

I was wrong, though, that kid had done Judo longer (but still a white belt who hadn't ever been taught a tomoenage, so point remains) at our other location. It was only the 2nd time I'd seen him where I go. The hyper-extension was just a minor one (she still competed next week), but could've been worse.

I understand the safety risk, but I do also understand he probably wants to let them in on the most fun part of class in hopes they stick around. They have a lot of black belts so they get pretty close supervision from a couple of people. It only takes a split second to drop into a spastic sacrifice though.
    OK, so it was an accident an not necesarily a matter of neglect. I tend to overreact to this kind of anecdote because I've seen it go wrong so many times.

Still, noob on noob randori is something that needs to be approached cautiously. Noob with experienced judoka is different, especially if the parameters are set.
    Falling for Judo since 1980

Posted On:
    11/21/2011 2:05pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: drunken boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    i dont think it is a dick move i woult totally be applauding
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456