Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/15/2011 2:18pm

Style: Issh"i"nryu fixed....

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Middlefinger View Post
    In doing it, does somebody have to back it up?
    The long answer is no. He doesn't have to back it up. The fact I or any other specific person will not pay to watch him fight or spend any money on anything he plugs doesn't change the fact that thousands will, and all because of what he says. Back in WEC, he was quiet and as a result, no one gave a **** about him or his borring ass grapplerape.

However, since in this profession, the fighting is real and to claim to be the best fighter you have to prove it... Yes. He needs to prove he can walk through the 205 division or STFU about it. He's trying to be safe by calling out people he can't be forced into the cage with. On top of his flapping mouth, he's 5-4 in the UFC, worse than Lesnar, and still hasn't acomplished what Lesnar has.

I'll throw this in also...
    Quote Originally Posted by Odacon View Post
    I'm aghast at the sonnen hate, I really am.
    When Steven Seagal insults someone he'll never fight, or issues his open challenge at his dojo and then goes into hiding when people accept, it's pathetic Bullshido. When Sonnen says he can whoop anyone in a wieght class he has no intention of even trying to fight in, and insults guys he'll never fight, it's funny and he's a bad-ass.

Is it really that shocking that people don't like him, especially on this site?

Now I need a shower.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/15/2011 5:26pm

Style: 'Grapplin'

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Super8astard View Post
    When Steven Seagal insults someone he'll never fight, or issues his open challenge at his dojo and then goes into hiding when people accept, it's pathetic Bullshido. When Sonnen says he can whoop anyone in a wieght class he has no intention of even trying to fight in, and insults guys he'll never fight, it's funny and he's a bad-ass.

Is it really that shocking that people don't like him, especially on this site?

I dont recall saying he was a badass. Why does he have to be a badass to trash talk?
    What has his fighting ability got to do with insulting people. I wouldnt give a **** if he got blitzed every time, the man is amusing.

:)

Posted On:
    10/15/2011 6:05pm

supporting member
     Style: Ex-Tiger KF, ex-SanDa

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    What's especially amusing is his UFC record. He reminds me of Wes Sims.

Whatever happened to speak quietly and carry a big stick?

If he doesn't beat silva, he's gonna be the fail meme of the year.

Administrator

Posted On:
    10/15/2011 6:50pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I said ALL.
    Yes, but you forgot the important identifier "we."

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/15/2011 7:00pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Juggernoob View Post
    I dont recall saying he was a badass. Why does he have to be a badass to trash talk?
    What has his fighting ability got to do with insulting people. I wouldnt give a **** if he got blitzed every time, the man is amusing.
    Which is half the point. Whether or not he backs it up, people will tune in to hear what he has to say.

Quote Originally Posted by bobyclumsyninja View Post
    What's especially amusing is his UFC record. He reminds me of Wes Sims.

Whatever happened to speak quietly and carry a big stick?

If he doesn't beat silva, he's gonna be the fail meme of the year.
    It's funny how he trashes guys like Wand for their UFC record when he just now got above .500 himself, and seems like he'll be heading back to it.

Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    Yes, but you forgot the important identifier "we."
    No I left it out on purpose. I guess no one got the Simpsons reference.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/15/2011 7:10pm

Style: TKD, BJJ, MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    "Despite this, until he beats Silva in the ring, that's all it is, trash talk."

If I recall, he mercilessly dominated Silva for about 22 minutes before he choked literally/figuratively. Sonnen plays the hype game flawlessly but I do believe he truly hates Silva and his antics. After the circus Silva made out of the Demian Maia fight, I just want to see him get his ass handed to him sooo bad!
    What would be even better is to see Sonnen beat the crap out of him and then, as they are putting the belt on him, state that he is retiring from MMA, thus leaving the champ spot vacant. Insult to injury at its best!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/15/2011 7:17pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Andelas View Post
    If I recall, he mercilessly dominated Silva for about 22 minutes before he choked literally/figuratively.
    Depends on what you mean by mercilessly. He dominated indisputably, but was never close to winning outside of the time that was left.

Administrator

Posted On:
    10/15/2011 7:39pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Andelas View Post
    "Despite this, until he beats Silva in the ring, that's all it is, trash talk."

If I recall, he mercilessly dominated Silva for about 22 minutes before he choked literally/figuratively.

He said in the ring and he is right. We have all watched fights were the guy dominates and chokes at the very end. He lost and that is it. Dominated is not a win or a decision that went to the cards.

Welterweight

Posted On:
    10/16/2011 3:38am

supporting member
     Style: none

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The long answer is no.
    The only answer is no. Keep whining gramps!!

However, since in this profession, the fighting is real and to claim to be the best fighter you have to prove it... Yes.
    No, you don`t. You`re free to talk as much **** as you like.

:)

Posted On:
    10/16/2011 7:32am

supporting member
     Style: Ex-Tiger KF, ex-SanDa

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    He wants to be the joker of the fighting world...but thus far, is more the joke.

Only a +1 net record in the UFC, convicted Felon, smack talked Silva then choked at the end, busted for jacking up his testosterone levels, bitched up in person by Wandy.
    Sonnen pled guilty to charges of money laundering in connection with mortgage fraud on January 3, 2011. The maximum sentence is 20 years in prison and a $500,000 fine, but as a result of his plea and agreeing to cooperate with the investigation into a ring of mortgage fraud, Sonnen is expected to receive two years probation, a $10,000 fine, and the revocation of his realtor license. Sonnen, a licensed realtor in the State of Oregon, admitted that a financial transaction he conducted was designed to conceal or disguise the ownership and control of the proceeds of wire fraud
    and he's a rat~! :]
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 8910 LastLast