Posted On:
    10/13/2011 5:37pm

Join us... or die
     Style: StrikeyGrappling & WW2-fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tranquil Suit View Post

I really liked watching that.
    "Judo is a study of techniques with which you may kill if you wish to kill, injure if you wish to injure, subdue if you wish to subdue, and, when attacked, defend yourself" - Jigoro Kano (1889)
    ***Was this quote "taken out of context"?***

"The judoist has no time to allow himself a margin for error, especially in a situation upon which his or another person's very life depends...."
    ~ The Secret of Judo (Jiichi Watanabe & Lindy Avakian), p.19

"Hope is not a method... nor is enthusiasm."
    ~ Brigadier General Gordon Toney

Shime Waza Test Dummy

Posted On:
    10/13/2011 5:43pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Super8astard View Post
    The only people who think he's serious are the casual fans and people who look for confrontation in everything.
    yeah, but at the end of the day, if you are going to talk **** like this, you still have to be able to back of your words, you still have to know that there are going to be people who are going to hold you to what you say publicly whether you really mean it or not. That's the reality of it. Look at Cro Cop, he's a classy guy, but he will still fist rape Sonnen if he ever catches him running around in his backyard.
    My pappy always used to say, "Don't let your alligator mouth write checks your hummingbird ass can't cash." This still applies when you KNOW that you're writing a bad check, or when you're writing the check as a joke or to make yourself out to be something you're not, or to impress people, it doesn't matter.
    "Judo is a study of techniques with which you may kill if you wish to kill, injure if you wish to injure, subdue if you wish to subdue, and, when attacked, defend yourself" - Jigoro Kano (1889)

"The judoist has no time to allow himself a margin for error, especially in a situation upon which his or another person's very life depends...."

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/13/2011 5:55pm

Style: Issh"i"nryu fixed....

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim_Jude View Post
    yeah, but at the end of the day, if you are going to talk **** like this, you still have to be able to back of your words, you still have to know that there are going to be people who are going to hold you to what you say publicly whether you really mean it or not. That's the reality of it. Look at Cro Cop, he's a classy guy, but he will still fist rape Sonnen if he ever catches him running around in his backyard.
    My pappy always used to say, "Don't let your alligator mouth write checks your hummingbird ass can't cash." This still applies when you KNOW that you're writing a bad check, or when you're writing the check as a joke or to make yourself out to be something you're not, or to impress people, it doesn't matter.
    I don't want to be the guy defending Sonne, so first off, I'd just like to say **** him.

(sigh)... Chael has never gotten his ass kicked, even in his losses he has fought well, so I think backing up his words is not the issue, just the poor taste of them.

Shime Waza Test Dummy

Posted On:
    10/13/2011 6:05pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Super8astard View Post
    I don't want to be the guy defending Sonne, so first off, I'd just like to say **** him.

(sigh)... Chael has never gotten his ass kicked, even in his losses he has fought well, so I think backing up his words is not the issue, just the poor taste of them.
    How many guys has he talked **** about and then had to fight? that's the point.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/13/2011 6:09pm

Style: 'Grapplin'

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Long live Chael, he's is a true troll in both style and personality.

Seriously, his grapplerape is about as close to physically trolling an opponent as you can get.

Welterweight

Posted On:
    10/13/2011 6:34pm

supporting member
     Style: none

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    that's the point.
    No, the point is that you are another fucking idiot taken in by his trolling. Even when Sonnen loses he still wins because dickholes like you are still whining about him.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/14/2011 2:05am

Style: Judo noob, heavy bag

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tranquil Suit View Post
    I love the way Cro Cop starts the video, saying he won't fire back because its not really worth it. But then as the video goes on he loses this attitude, to the point where he is threatening to kick Sonnen's ass if he ever sees him. While I'd love to see Cro Cop (or anyone else Sonnen has called out for the trolololz) kick his ass, it pretty much invalidates what he said earlier about not letting what Sonnen said get to him.

:)

Posted On:
    10/14/2011 2:45am

supporting member
     Style: Ex-Tiger KF, ex-SanDa

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This is exactly it. If you make your name, dissing other people...expect them to possibly not laugh it off, and instead want to beat you down.

Chael Sonnen's tough, but if an angry CroCop rolled up on him that would be ugly. Big Nog? forget it. He's a brat. Says a bunch of ****...but can't back it up. It's not anonymous on the internet for the WIN. He's an IRL troll...which could just as easily be described as a rude dickhead. He can't just melt back into the int3rnets. He's still out there, as the guy who said that. He won't be vacationing in Brazil any time soon, I imagine.

Hell, when Wandy told him in the car, he shouldn't diss a whole country, or the legends of it. you could hear his butt pucker. Wandy's roughly his weight...but you saw him shut up quick-like...and then thank him for sorta-threatening him "You have respect, you not lost your teeth"...his response? "Thank you"...or something IIRC.

As a would-be anti troll, I have to say. Trolling anonymously online is one thing. This guy though, is not under cover, or at-all removed from the action (beyond not being in the sport weightclass of some of his slander-victims). It's not trolling at that point to me...he's just being a prick.

So what if he's being a prick on purpose, to fulfill his need for attention, or build fights? He's being a prick, and shitting on people, and can't/won't back it up. If he was willing to, he would have launched into a tirade against Wandy to his face, and not STFU in an instant.

Playing a dick IRL, is just being a dick.

Shime Waza Test Dummy

Posted On:
    10/14/2011 4:10am

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Middlefinger View Post
    No, the point is that you are another fucking idiot taken in by his trolling. Even when Sonnen loses he still wins because dickholes like you are still whining about him.
    So, tons of "dickholes" just like me think that Sonnen is a whiny lil' **** and won't watch his fights, no matter how much he flaps his jaw? & how is he winning again?
    you're a dumb little bitch, aren't you? LOL

Shime Waza Test Dummy

Posted On:
    10/14/2011 4:17am

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by bobyclumsyninja View Post
    This is exactly it. If you make your name, dissing other people...expect them to possibly not laugh it off, and instead want to beat you down.

Chael Sonnen's tough, but if an angry CroCop rolled up on him that would be ugly. Big Nog? forget it. He's a brat. Says a bunch of ****...but can't back it up. It's not anonymous on the internet for the WIN. He's an IRL troll...which could just as easily be described as a rude dickhead. He can't just melt back into the int3rnets. He's still out there, as the guy who said that. He won't be vacationing in Brazil any time soon, I imagine.

Hell, when Wandy told him in the car, he shouldn't diss a whole country, or the legends of it. you could hear his butt pucker. Wandy's roughly his weight...but you saw him shut up quick-like...and then thank him for sorta-threatening him "You have respect, you not lost your teeth"...his response? "Thank you"...or something IIRC.

As a would-be anti troll, I have to say. Trolling anonymously online is one thing. This guy though, is not under cover, or at-all removed from the action (beyond not being in the sport weightclass of some of his slander-victims). It's not trolling at that point to me...he's just being a prick.

So what if he's being a prick on purpose, to fulfill his need for attention, or build fights? He's being a prick, and shitting on people, and can't/won't back it up. If he was willing to, he would have launched into a tirade against Wandy to his face, and not STFU in an instant.

Playing a dick IRL, is just being a dick.
    Yep, & this is why I see his "****-talking" as largely ineffectual and pretty stupid. Because MMA IS NOT PRO WRESTLING. If an MMA fighter talks too much ****, everyone says,"Whoa, this guys is gonna get his ass kicked." It's almost cliche in MMA, the **** talkers usually get their asses handed to them. Sonnen may be a decent fighter in the grand scheme of things, but I don't see this as a wise promotional move for anyone in MMA because whether the world knows it or not, MMA fans are a bit more sophisticated than the white trash rednecks who actually believe that Pro Wrestlers actually hate each other and talk that much **** and then DON'T cripple each other but instead milk that **** for decades. MMA fans want to see THE FIGHT, not the hype & spectacle.
    Sonnen is a well-trained douche bag, & everyone knows it. He's not achieving any kind of real promotion except with a very small percentage of fans at the lower end of the IQ scale.

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 5678 ... LastLast