Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Shime Waza Test Dummy

Posted On:
    10/12/2011 4:04am

Join us... or die
     Style: StrikeyGrappling & WW2-fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sonnen is a douche bag & one of the biggest egos in MMA. Silva weathered the storm of Sonnen's attack, took all he had to give, & then sub'd him but Sonnen just can't accept that he was beat. He'll say anything to make things look like they aren't just to preserve his fragile lil' self image.

Quote Originally Posted by karma2343 View Post
    Sonnen has to be MMA's greatest troll, and unfortunately the media seems to be eating it up. Fortunately for us, though, some of the trash talk has really started pissing off Anderson Silva.

Why do I say "fortunately?" Because Silva is already the best fighter out there, so to seem him really want to dismantle someone should make for an amazing fight. I wonder if after the fight he will finally decide to shed his human coil and reveal all along he has been a demigod sent to earth to teach us the proper ways of combat and dance?
    Yes. I hope Silva really punishes him until the last round, toys & dominates him, and then subs him AGAIN, WITH THE SAME ****, in the last minute of the fight.
    "Judo is a study of techniques with which you may kill if you wish to kill, injure if you wish to injure, subdue if you wish to subdue, and, when attacked, defend yourself" - Jigoro Kano (1889)
    ***Was this quote "taken out of context"?***

"The judoist has no time to allow himself a margin for error, especially in a situation upon which his or another person's very life depends...."
    ~ The Secret of Judo (Jiichi Watanabe & Lindy Avakian), p.19

"Hope is not a method... nor is enthusiasm."
    ~ Brigadier General Gordon Toney

Posted On:
    10/12/2011 6:49am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sonnen's a lot smarter than people give him credit for. He simply realises that being a mouthy **** gives him high profile fights and fan attention, good and bad.

Completely uninteresting to listen to, but he remains a very solid fighter. I'd still give him a decent shot at beating Silva in a rematch, as he was whipping that ass until he got caught.

Has Silva's busted rib excuse for being thoroughly wrestlefucked in that match ever been independently confirmed, by the way?

My guns bigger than Scrapper's!

Posted On:
    10/12/2011 7:58am

supporting member
     Style: Kakutogi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    As other smart people have said Sonnen is just taking a page out of Pro Wrestling 101 and using it. I can't believe people are eating it up as much as they are. I can't count how mainly times I heard "I'm the real champ" or "Winner stays loser leaves the ring forever!!!" storyline used to generate hype for a match. I guess Pro Wrestling really is on the decline if people don't readily recognize that old schtick.

Quote Originally Posted by Shawarma View Post
    Sonnen's a lot smarter than people give him credit for. He simply realises that being a mouthy **** gives him high profile fights and fan attention, good and bad.

Completely uninteresting to listen to, but he remains a very solid fighter. I'd still give him a decent shot at beating Silva in a rematch, as he was whipping that ass until he got caught.

Has Silva's busted rib excuse for being thoroughly wrestlefucked in that match ever been independently confirmed, by the way?
    I thought it was but can say definitively. Whether he was injured or not he still won by submission! Not a fluke KO but put Sonnen in a position where Sonnen had to make willful decision to give up. Anytime that happens someone has made you their bitch.
    ______
    Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invincible Asia) Dark Emperor of Baji!!!

RIP SOLDIER

Didn't anyone ever tell him a fat man could never be a ninja
    -Gene, GODHAND

You can't practice Judo just to win a Judo Match! You practice so that no matter what happens, you can win using Judo!
    The key to fighting two men at once is to be much tougher than both of them.
    -Daniel Tosh

On hiatus

Posted On:
    10/12/2011 8:02am

supporting member
     Style: Getting fat.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Jim_Jude, you absolutely suck!

(tab) Forum > Forum Actions > General Settings > in Thread Display Options > Number of Posts to Show Per Page: 40

Posted On:
    10/12/2011 9:09am

Style: Sub-Grap/MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sonnen has been absolute fantastic in each of his last three fights but he's a complete and utter fucking right wing uber delusional troll.

Will be a tough fight for Silva.

STOP POSTING!

Posted On:
    10/12/2011 7:37pm

supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    ive said it before, Sonnen is the MMA version of Stephen Colbert. people either get it or they don't. personally i love listening to Sonnen, i think hes hilarious.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/13/2011 2:22am

Style: Issh"i"nryu fixed....

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Maybe it's my bias against him, but he's never said a single funny thing in his life. At least not intentionally. That sorry ass joke about the Nog's and the bus made me laugh after a pause to contemplate the stupidity of the joke. He really thought that was funny, and that's kinda funny, especially when he tried to explain why it should be.

What makes me laugh the most is how much of a troll he is. Back in WEC no one knew who the **** he was because he has nothing but a tackle in his arsenal and he never said a word. Now he just talks to be heard, but mention he lost to Silva and the act drops and he flies into a roid rage.

Too bad he's so small comparitive to wrasslers. He might actually make some money without having to embezzle, get elected gov'ner instead of District Selectman or w/e bullshit position he's going for, have more people listen to him, and have a chance at winning a belt finally.

Shime Waza Test Dummy

Posted On:
    10/13/2011 2:45am

Join us... or die
     Style: StrikeyGrappling & WW2-fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tranquil Suit View Post
    Jim_Jude, you absolutely suck!
    Lady, why would you say that????
    "Judo is a study of techniques with which you may kill if you wish to kill, injure if you wish to injure, subdue if you wish to subdue, and, when attacked, defend yourself" - Jigoro Kano (1889)
    ***Was this quote "taken out of context"?***

"The judoist has no time to allow himself a margin for error, especially in a situation upon which his or another person's very life depends...."
    ~ The Secret of Judo (Jiichi Watanabe & Lindy Avakian), p.19

"Hope is not a method... nor is enthusiasm."
    ~ Brigadier General Gordon Toney

:)

Posted On:
    10/13/2011 3:18am

supporting member
     Style: Ex-Tiger KF, ex-SanDa

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I think in this one...Silva will maul him, ugly style. Sonnen is very good, but not as good as his mouth suggests.

Silva, however, is every bit as good as people suggest. Look for the 1st round demolition, via punches, kicks, knees, and perhaps without breakdancing or matrix stuff.

Also, Colbert is a rational person who feigns being a right wing dick. Sonnen is a right wing dick, who pretends to be even more of a right wing dick....not the same...and not nearly as funny.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/13/2011 3:21am

Style: Issh"i"nryu fixed....

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by bobyclumsyninja View Post
    Also, Colbert is a rational person who feigns being a right wing dick. Sonnen is a right wing dick, who pretends to be even more of a right wing dick....not the same...and not nearly as funny.
    But they both, very obviously, try way to hard to be funny.
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12 3456 ... LastLast