Neutral, or nearly so

Posted On:
    4/01/2004 6:46pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Originally posted by Sachet
    As I have repeatedly said, 'I' did not write all of those facts.
    You said you were the source when first asked. That is claiming credit and authorship.
    Trust me, my friends could care less if I took credit for chlorestrol facts! *lmao*
    Don't know anything about your friends and don't give a ****. Funny that they're okay with blatant theft and denial of.

I dunno.. is there some hidden meaning there?
    Yes, don't come here claiming **** you're not responsible for. That behavior doesn't last long here. That is bullshit and this is bullshido.

That was uncalled for :rolleyes:
    But, heyyy.. you got it cowboy~
    I'll be jumping over your posts til you apologise :(
    For? You're the one in the wrong.

Neutral, or nearly so

Posted On:
    4/01/2004 6:51pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Say that yes you did plagarize, that you're sorry and that you won't do it again and I'll be more than happy to drop this.

And yes I am an asshole.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/05/2004 8:44am

Style: Deciding On A Style

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Originally posted by Repulsive Monkey
    One more thing: In your world, what would a university professor do if they were to be presented with a report on the importance of fats that only differed in the most superficial way from an older article?

You've got to admit that by your standards, plagarism becomes almost impossible to prove.

OoOo that wouldn't fly at my University, however the request for your research material would be worded: Provide your 'Origin of Reference' or list your 'Primary Document References'..
    And often times requests are made to see a rough draft along with page numbers from the reference books being used.

At my Uni's online club, paragraphs from another member's posts are always used to drive a point.
    It's common to see someone ask for the source {which translates to; provide a screen name as the source of the information}
    Then a post generally goes up to that person requesting the 'Reference Origin' so more can be read on the topic.
    SoOo when Dochter barked for me to post the 'source' I thought it was a silly question seeing as my screen name was directly next to my post.
    On most bodybuilding sites, 'source' takes on a whole new meaning..
    GujusCaesar has respectfully educated me as to the meaning of bullshido's 'source' terminology {'support with a published study in a reputable journal'} and now I know what's expected..
    I'm not promising I won't ever make the same mistake since *kinky grin* the voyeur in me enjoyed watching you all {excluding Nihilanthic, wingchunnewbie, The Wastrel, Loredon & Ippatsu182} become umm.. aroused :p by each other's flame posts.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/05/2004 8:51am

Style: Deciding On A Style

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Loredon~

I meant to add that diets low in fat are not good for overall general health or liver function.
    The essential fatty acids which are found in 'good' fats are necessary for healthy membranes for every cell in your body and they need to be supplied daily for healthy liver function.
    It's difficult to stay focused with all the flames here so I think I'll stick to chitty chatting in PMs.. so if you have any other questions, feel free to PM me :)

Neutral, or nearly so

Posted On:
    4/05/2004 10:24am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If your perception of this was one merely of flaming and misunderstanding you've got a hard road ahead of you.

I'll lay off though... for now.

Beachy Keen

Posted On:
    4/07/2004 12:28pm

supporting member
     Style: Chop Socky

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Originally posted by Sachet

GujusCaesar has respectfully educated me as to the meaning of bullshido's 'source' terminology {'support with a published study in a reputable journal'} and now I know what's expected..
    No, look, it's really quite simple. "Source" means....

If you made it up yourself, say so.

If you took it from a URL, provide the URL.

If you took it from a published study in a reputable journal, cite the journal.

You still haven't admitted that you took a paragraph from the exact website Dochtor found, and modified it slightly, passing the result off as your own work. I find that...depressing, in the face of the conclusive evidence Dochtor presented.

However, if you follow the above concept of source, which is really quite straightforward and commonsensical, I assure that, eventually, most of the patrons here will forgive your little faux pas.

It would be easier on you to just admit it and apologize, though. It would show character as well.
    I would liken it to the boxing or the muay thai of internal kung fu, even though that's like calling apples the oranges of the apple world. --WalkOn

Neutral, or nearly so

Posted On:
    4/07/2004 12:37pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Actually I didn't find it (my google skills apparently weren't as good). Thanks for the credit though.

As I said there was no misunderstanding, we all know exactly what went on.
    Dr. Fagbot Q. MacGillicuddy, PhD's Avatar

You are in a lot of trouble.

Posted On:
    4/07/2004 1:03pm

supporting member
     Style: Twirling Foot Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    i found it! me! me! i'm the source! i'm the...

...oh, wait.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hedgehogey
    FORM AN ACROBATIC BRIDGE ACROSS OMEGA'S GOOCH
    Quote Originally Posted by Kidspatula
    Bleep bleep blip bloop
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456