Featherweight

Style: 
    hsing i, FMA's

Posted On:
    10/09/2011 11:55pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    the inside of the forearms seemed pretty exposed to me, even blocking with the edge of the arm. once the tendons have been cut there you have no chance of gripping anything be it a wrist, knife or cup of coffee.
    it took 3 operations to reattach the tendons in my right hand (they tend to snap weeks or months after reattachment) and even then it was only a partial success. that was from a broken bottle, a knife would have done a lot more damage

Featherweight

Style: 
    hsing i, FMA's

Posted On:
    10/10/2011 12:07am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    also, its doubtful someone who wants you dead will drop the knife so easily

Style: 
    Siling Labuyo Arnis

Posted On:
    10/10/2011 9:51am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rzero View Post
    Its a demo video. Of course his partner is compliant.
    Problem is, he's only compliant when he's working against the Krav technique. I'm okay (to a degree) with compliant demos, but we never get to see why the Krav technique is superior.

As for the sewing machine of death; thats almost impossible to stop without getting stabbed multiple times. At least in my experience.
    If that's the case, then the defence he "successfully" demonstrates is no better than the one he shows "failing". It is disingenuous to show one technique failing against a resisting opponent, but then to show how superior the other technique is, but against a static opponent.

Just about anything works to stop the single direct knife attack. Unfortunately the world is rather bereft of people angry enough to stab someone, but able to deplete that anger by trying to stab only once.

pro nonsense self defense

Style: 
    FMA, dumbek, Indian clubs

Posted On:
    10/10/2011 11:36am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I went to a krav maga seminar once, and the bending at the waist to pocket away from the attack was something that I really wasn't used to. It makes sense in the context they were showing it, but it seems to me that the sustained multiple attacks are exactly where this tactic would fail. IMHO the way to deal with the multiple attacks is to use superior footwork until you can do something decisive or get a weapon in your hand.

Registered Member

Style: 
    'Grapplin'

Posted On:
    10/10/2011 11:48am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Permalost View Post
    I went to a krav maga seminar once, and the bending at the waist to pocket away from the attack was something that I really wasn't used to. It makes sense in the context they were showing it, but it seems to me that the sustained multiple attacks are exactly where this tactic would fail. IMHO the way to deal with the multiple attacks is to use superior footwork until you can do something decisive or get a weapon in your hand.
    This entire debate is still retarded. It all works on the assumption that the attacker is going to saunter up knife out "here is my knife, see it, be aware of which hand it is in, and now I attack!!!!"

In reality.....Walking down street, bump into scumbag, bleed out as he jogs off with your wallet.

Style: 
    mma /boxing/muai thai

Posted On:
    10/10/2011 11:53am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Simple if you are in a fight and somone is putting their hand in their pocket. Grab their bloody wrist before anything comes out.
    seriously if you are about to fight someone you have both hands free not one snuck away somewhere.

(I know that is not part of the drill but it raises the odds of stopping that knife alot.)

Style: 
    mma /boxing/muai thai

Posted On:
    10/10/2011 11:56am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Juggernoob View Post
    This entire debate is still retarded. It all works on the assumption that the attacker is going to saunter up knife out "here is my knife, see it, be aware of which hand it is in, and now I attack!!!!"

In reality.....Walking down street, bump into scumbag, bleed out as he jogs off with your wallet.
    for me personally the bulk of weapon attacks have come after an un armed attack has failed or when there is a stand off in a fight.

(I have never been mugged though)

Registered Member

Style: 
    boxing

Posted On:
    10/10/2011 12:21pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    after watching that i cant believe rzero called me a troll in my first thread

Registered Member

Style: 
    'Grapplin'

Posted On:
    10/10/2011 12:22pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by jackintheboxer View Post
    after watching that i cant believe rzero called me a troll in my first thread
    Rzero is a massive dicktucking Krav ******. Ignore him.

Featherweight

Style: 
    hsing i, FMA's

Posted On:
    10/10/2011 8:15pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Permalost View Post
    bending at the waist to pocket away from the attack was something that I really wasn't used to
    i would have thought you would do a similar thing in kali if you couldnt get off line (?)
    its a pretty good time to apply the back of the arm policy if you dont have a blade to "block" with and as good a time as any to try and keep a point of contact with their arm while you think of what to do next.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 12 3 LastLast