Our Sponsors:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    3/27/2004 12:51am

Style: judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm finally starting to flow between side control, knee on belly and mount. I need to work on north/south. I think it depends on what type of game you're trying to develop. I'm small and I try to be quick so I like transitional submissions and whatnot. Some people are better at going slower and tighter and dominating.
    You want some birth control? You can smoke a cigarette.

Posted On:
    3/27/2004 1:32am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ - Homeland Security

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I hold mount way better when I can hit the guy underneath; when I actually go for the pin I can't keep it as well as when I'm sitting up with a higher centre of gravity :confused:

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/28/2004 8:51pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Shumagorath- maybe try using the s-mount when you're sitting up? Or for the lower grapvining version of the mount when they start to buck.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/29/2004 12:12am

Style: Traditional JJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Which option saves more energy? Going with the flow I guess.

Posted On:
    3/29/2004 12:46am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ - Homeland Security

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Originally posted by MadeOfOlives
    Shumagorath- maybe try using the s-mount when you're sitting up? Or for the lower grapvining version of the mount when they start to buck.
    Does the S-mount have a Judo name I can look up?

As for the grapevine thing, I'll definately try that at my next practice. I had a highschool wrestler throw that on me and it was way harder to work against than his 20-pound weight advantage. Then Vitali (SubTerran on this board) had him do the same thing and just twisted his neck to break his symmetry and make him let go :cool:

Posted On:
    3/29/2004 12:48am

Style: MMA-Vale Tudo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    LoL thats something real basic, that every grappler should know how to do.

*EX( I take you down head and arm(throw), as you fall you try to use my momentum to reverse me and take me over. As we hit the ground i jump over switching to a diffrent hold to prevent you from escaping) i hope this example helps.
    Last edited by J-kid; 3/30/2004 4:04am at .
    Once a fighter, Always a fighter. Shawn
    -Styles i train in-
    Judo
    Bjj
    Mtkickboxing
    Western boxing
    Wrestling

Motorboatin SOB

Posted On:
    3/29/2004 6:03pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo and BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Most people tend to hold the mount poorly, from my limited experience. There are a lot of pieces to a good mount. A lot of people treat it as "sit on his chest and hope something happens."
    I still try and find as many instructionals as I can find to to get better with my mount.
    And that's when I figured out that tears couldn't make somebody who was dead alive again. There's another thing to learn about tears, they can't make somebody who doesn't love you any more love you again. It's the same with prayers. I wonder how much of their lives people waste crying and praying to God. If you ask me, the devil makes more sense than God does. I can at least see why people would want him around. It's good to have somebody to blame for the bad stuff they do. Maybe God's there because people get scared of all the bad stuff they do. They figure that God and the Devil are always playing this game of tug-of-war game with them. And they never know which side they're gonna wind up on. I guess that tug-of-war idea explains how sometimes, even when people try to do something good, it still turns out bad.

BreakDance Fighter

Posted On:
    3/30/2004 3:47am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Actually omega I know at least two or three other people that enjoy that strategy/technique.

Professional Fighter

Posted On:
    3/30/2004 3:59am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I usually try to stick the mount pretty hard. I would like to be more flexible, but I'm just not. I also know that I'd personally rather be mounted than be in the side control of someone who is good (easier for me to escape due to body type is my guess).

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/30/2004 9:01pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The s-mount involes riding higher up on the chest, with one leg sort of open towards the head instead of the body. Your legs end up in an s shape. This makes it easier to go for either jujigatame/the arm bar, or a triangle, if you can get the facing up leg past the persons arm. If someone else could please add onto my description, that would be awesome, as I was only taught this once and cannot remember the minutiae.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12