Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/06/2011 5:00pm

Style: GOJU Karate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Rah Rah Ree kick him in the knee he is a Hanshi

These guys are legit. They have some bad press on the web, but are legit, and make a difference in GOJU karate in Canada. Sensei Wallace Platt is my Sensei's Sensei. Sensei Platt has been honord to receive the title of Hanshi for Canadial Classical Martial Arts for the GOJU style of karate. He has trained under Sensei (Hanshi) Peter Urban of GOJU USA. check ou this link:

http://americangoju.com/memorial_photo_gallery_p2.html

Sensei Platt has trained in many areas all around the world, including with the Shoalin Monks at Mt. Wudang in China.

I have been training with CMAC (Classical Martial Arts Canada) since 2008 and I have enjoyed every minute. Everyone in this group of dojos are very kind caring people. We have given up on competing in tournaments, as Sensei Yamaguchi said on his death bed that he regretted introducing the type of free range sparring (kumite) which has evolved into tournaments - sport rather than art/way of life. So we focus on our kata to express the art in the Martial Art and practice strong self defence by in-dojo sparring, rather than competing for points - a tap to tightened abs is a point possibly winning a fight in a tournament - in reality a jab to tightened abs would do nothing, try it. My Sensei always advises us when there are tournaments - so we could compete if we want to. Just to see what real karate comes out under extreme pressure - but not for points and trophies.

I back this affiliation of Dojos headed by Hanshi Platt. I have had one seminar with Sensei Platt, and seen him a couple of times, and from what I saw in him, he is a good man with strong dedicated students and other Senseis who believe in him. To bad mouth someone you have never met on this forum is a sad thing.

Watch and Shoot !

Posted On:
    10/06/2011 6:11pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Who awarded Platt the title Hanshi ?
    "To sin by silence when one should protest makes cowards out of men".

~Ella Wheeler

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/06/2011 6:42pm

Style: Judo & BJJ hacker

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Welcome to the CMAC noob of month. I'm supprised that the thread has only had two necros in the last couple of months.

@ RockApe. Here is some info that I posted about a year ago that will answer on CMACnoob's behalf.

Quote Originally Posted by 2groggy View Post
    http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=12194This article quotes about a paragraph of a newsletter written by Peter Urban shortly before his death. I read it at the time, If I recall correctly, he went on to deem certain instructors as masters of their geographical region. He deemed Wally Platt as the Grand Poobah of his style of GoJu Ryu for Canada. However, I seriously doubt that there was any mention of financial transactions in exchange for rank advancements.

Found a full copy - See half way down page 3.

http://americangoju.com/urban_spks7-03p1.html

Administrator

Posted On:
    10/06/2011 7:25pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Juzzyforce View Post
    These guys are legit. They have some bad press on the web, but are legit, and make a difference in GOJU karate in Canada. Sensei Wallace Platt is my Sensei's Sensei. Sensei Platt has been honord to receive the title of Hanshi for Canadial Classical Martial Arts for the GOJU style of karate. He has trained under Sensei (Hanshi) Peter Urban of GOJU USA. check ou this link:

http://americangoju.com/memorial_photo_gallery_p2.html

Sensei Platt has trained in many areas all around the world, including with the Shoalin Monks at Mt. Wudang in China.

I have been training with CMAC (Classical Martial Arts Canada) since 2008 and I have enjoyed every minute. Everyone in this group of dojos are very kind caring people. We have given up on competing in tournaments, as Sensei Yamaguchi said on his death bed that he regretted introducing the type of free range sparring (kumite) which has evolved into tournaments - sport rather than art/way of life. So we focus on our kata to express the art in the Martial Art and practice strong self defence by in-dojo sparring, rather than competing for points - a tap to tightened abs is a point possibly winning a fight in a tournament - in reality a jab to tightened abs would do nothing, try it. My Sensei always advises us when there are tournaments - so we could compete if we want to. Just to see what real karate comes out under extreme pressure - but not for points and trophies.

I back this affiliation of Dojos headed by Hanshi Platt. I have had one seminar with Sensei Platt, and seen him a couple of times, and from what I saw in him, he is a good man with strong dedicated students and other Senseis who believe in him. To bad mouth someone you have never met on this forum is a sad thing.
    Blah Blah Blah Blah so sad not glad from your dad.
    Culled:
    http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=55051
    There are multiple people I can bad mouth that I do not need to meet.

Do you have any proof or anything besides cheerleading to add? No? Bye.

Posted On:
    10/06/2011 8:32pm

Style: Siling Labuyo Arnis

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    How odd ... the Shaolin monks must've been on a bus tour on something, because why else would they be on Wudang Mountain, not Songshan? And considering that the Wudang monastery is Taoist, not Buddhist, it becomes even more odd ...

Or could it be that you're just a cheerleader and don't actually have any real knowlege?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/07/2011 1:14am

Style: TSD, Karate & Kickboxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Don't know much about Goju karate, as they don't seem to be as popular or large in the UK (compared to other martial arts or even other styles of karate).

However I do have to ask, what's your point in this post? Especially your first and only post so far.

...Sensei Platt has trained in many areas all around the world, including with the Shoalin Monks at Mt. Wudang in China...
    I assume that it was something like this course Sensei Platt went on? There are other programs where you can pay between 500-2000 for X amount of time for training at a Shaolin temple. Would have liked to do something like that myself (just to say that I did it), but with a family and lack of funds (you have to save up and then either use up all your holiday or take unpaid leave from work - so you lose out) stopped me.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/07/2011 9:11pm

Style: yellow bamboo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by rock ape View Post
    who awarded platt the title hanshi ?
    his mom!!!!!! Hahahahaha!