--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Buying a grappling dummy

My work hours prevent me from finding a lot of places that i could train. With the exception of my RDO's I am usually at home with my 9 month old son- My friend suggested i pick up a grapple dummy and drill the basic Jiu-Jitsu drills we had performed in classes I was wonder what you all felt about a grappling dummy? Is it worth the money? can it help you shave off some mat rust?

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    im in a situation where I dont really have time for a gym. so I bought any and every training device I could get my hands on. I think a grappling dummy is a good choice. but I would try and augment the dummy training with any number of guides on the subject. jiu jitsu university by saulo riberio is a good choice. so is the open guard by bj penn. youtube also has allot of good info. try seaching for submissions 101. if ya cant find a coach you can still get lots of good tips

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    get a spare gi, fill it full of old t-shirts.
    "We often joke -- and we really wish it were a joke -- that you will only encounter two basic problems with your 'self-defense' training.
    1) That it doesn't work
    2) That it does work"
    -Animal MacYoung