Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/18/2011 9:11pm

Style: Issh"i"nryu fixed....

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by IneedSkins View Post
    I just dont see khan ever reaching the heights of pacquiao or mayweather. Khan does not come close to mayweathers speed. I'm far from a mayweather fan i think he's an arrogant douche basically but his skills are of a different world to khans. To be honest i would love to eat my words and Khan floor mayweather but i just cant see it happening. Here's a little reminder of Khans chin.
    Floyd doesn't fight like he used to though. He doesn't use his legs much anymore, just stands in the pocket and counters. Khan has reach on him and can put out a high punch count consistantly through 12 rounds. Of course Floyd knows that, and will probably adjust for it. Even still, Khan has the best chance to beat Floyd right now.

Everyone was young once...

just for laughs I'll throw this one in lol

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/19/2011 12:33am

Style: Western Boxing, Tai Chi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I just dont see khan ever reaching the heights of pacquiao or mayweather. Khan does not come close to mayweathers speed. I'm far from a mayweather fan i think he's an arrogant douche basically but his skills are of a different world to khans. To be honest i would love to eat my words and Khan floor mayweather but i just cant see it happening. Here's a little reminder of Khans chin.
    Comparing Amir Khan before Freddie Roach trained him is like comparing Wladimir Klitschko before Emanuel Steward trained him. Yeah, both fighters may have shaky whiskers but they've been trained to compensate for that.

As for speed, yes, PBF was really fast in his prime but has clearly lost a step now that he's 35-years-old. Khan is now the quicker fighter.

Quote Originally Posted by MMAMickey
    In fairness, the style matchup point is a good one. Khan's style would appear to be the one most suited for topping Mayweather; however, Khan's power is inconsistent and his balance is often questionable upon coming forward as a result of his default stance, which has become quite defensive. Anyone putting pressure on Khan could force him to stay in that stance and effectively negate his decent punching power.
    See, I'm basing my predictions on two things:
    1. Khan is consistently improving. The Khan who showed up against Judah is the same Khan who shows up against Mayweather -- if not better.
    2. Mayweather will continue to fight from the pocket and not apply pressure -- just as he's done for the last three fights. He does this because he knows he's lost speed, so he waits for opponents to come to him.

Quote Originally Posted by MMAMickey
    I actually agree that Mayweather would beat Manny, just because Manny relies on speed, but his entry and exit lines are quite straightforward. Imo his only chance of beating Mayweather would come after hurting him, and using crazy conditioning to pressure and negate recovery.
    Yeah, and because Manny's a shorter guy, he's got no option but to get close. PBF loves it when people do this because it plays to his strengths.

Posted On:
    10/19/2011 9:11am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This thread is starting to read like a Joe Rogan monolog of this guy has all the skills nessesary to beat mayweather. It's just not going to happen mayweather will win.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/19/2011 1:57pm

Style: Issh"i"nryu fixed....

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bneterasedmynam View Post
    This thread is starting to read like a Joe Rogan monolog of this guy has all the skills nessesary to beat mayweather. It's just not going to happen mayweather will win.
    Hey... little girl... Why don't you go find a parade and rain on it.

He probably will, but I'm focusing all my ch'i and casting my stongest voodoo hexes in hopes that it won't be so.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    10/21/2011 5:52pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by atomicpoet View Post
    Comparing Amir Khan before Freddie Roach trained him is like comparing Wladimir Klitschko before Emanuel Steward trained him. Yeah, both fighters may have shaky whiskers but they've been trained to compensate for that.

As for speed, yes, PBF was really fast in his prime but has clearly lost a step now that he's 35-years-old. Khan is now the quicker fighter.

See, I'm basing my predictions on two things:

1. Khan is consistently improving. The Khan who showed up against Judah is the same Khan who shows up against Mayweather -- if not better.
    2. Mayweather will continue to fight from the pocket and not apply pressure -- just as he's done for the last three fights. He does this because he knows he's lost speed, so he waits for opponents to come to him.

Yeah, and because Manny's a shorter guy, he's got no option but to get close. PBF loves it when people do this because it plays to his strengths.
    Im not comparing him now to back then, just showing his chin isn't the best.

Posted On:
    10/21/2011 7:43pm

Style: Sub-Grap/MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by atomicpoet View Post
    It's not about who's the better overall fighter, it's about styles match-ups. Here's how I honestly see it:

• Khan beats Mayweather because Khan is a boxer-puncher.
    • Mayweather beats Pacquiao because Mayweather is a counterpuncher.
    • Pacquiao beats Khan because Pacquiao's a pressure fighter.

Sometimes, there's fireworks simply because two fighters make excellent match-ups.
    Yes exactly! THIS
    Last edited by Kambei Shimada; 10/21/2011 7:49pm at .

Posted On:
    10/21/2011 7:49pm

Style: Sub-Grap/MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Im not comparing him now to back then, just showing his chin isn't the best.
    I was at the Prescott fight and honestly ANYONE would have got rocked by those shots. Prescott may not be a big name but the guy has massive power. Khan came out withhis hands low and just got caught.
    Khan is 10 x times better (technically) than he was back then, I dont think its fair to say the guy has a weak chin, even Maidana could'nt take him out.

POWERRR!

Posted On:
    10/22/2011 3:14am

Join us... or die
     Style: Boxing.MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kambei Shimada View Post
    I was at the Prescott fight and honestly ANYONE would have got rocked by those shots. Prescott may not be a big name but the guy has massive power. Khan came out withhis hands low and just got caught.
    Khan is 10 x times better (technically) than he was back then, I dont think its fair to say the guy has a weak chin, even Maidana could'nt take him out.
    Maidana landed one decent shot in the whole fight IIRC and it had a visible effect. I wouldn't suggest that surviving a bomb from Maidana outweighs previous times he's hit the canvas over shots which should have bounced off.

That being said, while he can't do a lot about his inherent punch resistance, he CAN change the effect punches have on him by altering the way he fights; this is what he has done, and the reason he can now boast about taking shots from Maidana and apparently Manny.
    Last edited by MMAMickey; 10/22/2011 3:15am at . Reason: speeling phail
    "The hero and the coward both feel the same thing, but the hero projects his fear onto his opponent while the coward runs. 'Fear'. It's the same thing, but it's what you do with it that matters". - Cus D'Amato
    Spoiler:

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234