Posted On:
    10/17/2011 7:47pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kambei Shimada View Post
    How you figure?

According to Roach he's already very close to Manny's level and has the potential to be better.

I really cant see this being true.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/17/2011 8:08pm

Style: Issh"i"nryu fixed....

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by IneedSkins View Post
    I really cant see this being true.
    Why not? Khan is young is developing quite fast. Manny was a very late bloomer, it's not hard to see a young guy with Khans abilities who continues to get better, has the potential to surpass Pac-man.

The more I think about this fight, the more I think Floyd is going to deny he ever said he would fight Khan. I think he'll realize the potential for a loss and cherry pick someone else in about 8 months or so.

Floyd is not the fighter he used to be. He stands in the pocket now and looks for a one or two punch counter, and doesn't even have the head movement he used to. It's still better than anyone elses, but Khan has reach and power, and can even match Floyds speed. Unless Floyd was just playing to the compitition, which given his ego is impossible, he really needs to get back to his roots to keep his precious record in tact.

Another question I have about Floyd, what will he do if he get's fully knocked down? Everyone thought Lewis was tougher than he proved to be. Knocking him down = winning. Until I see Floyd get floored and get up, I can't trust that he will.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/17/2011 8:21pm

Style: Western Boxing, Tai Chi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Super8astard View Post
    Another question I have about Floyd, what will he do if he get's fully knocked down? Everyone thought Lewis was tougher than he proved to be. Knocking him down = winning. Until I see Floyd get floored and get up, I can't trust that he will.

This is what Mayweather has to look forward to if he fights Khan. PBF's cute shoulder rolls will actually make it worse for him than better.

Khan isn't some brawler like Gatti, or swarmer like Ortiz. He's a speedy boxer-puncher with stamina that can go the full 12 rounds.

People think Khan's whiskers negate his talent. But last I checked, PBF does not have the same power as Marcos Maidana, and Khan's chin stood up to that.

POWERRR!

Posted On:
    10/18/2011 5:00am

Join us... or die
     Style: Boxing.MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by atomicpoet View Post
    Khan's tougher than you give him credit for. Maidana decked him with a vicious uppercut, and Khan still didn't go down. Considering Maidana's KO rate, I'd say Khan has an underrated chin.

Even so, Khan has a good guard and no longer exposes his chin like he did against Prescott. As long as Khan keeps jabbing from the outside like he did against Judah, PBF will have no answer for him.

As we saw against Judah, head movement doesn't count for a whole lot against Khan. Everyone knows Judah is a poor man's Mayweather -- and he was blown out within 5 rounds. Did you see the liver shot Khan delivered with his right hand?

Now, I will say this. Khan-Mayweather would probably go to the scorecards because PBF has more heart than Judah. It will still be the first loss of Mayweather's career.
    I'd say it's the improvement in style more than his chin which kept him up at that point, and he was notably hurt all the same. He may have nothing to worry about seeing as Mayweather's not a great puncher, but he still has the potential to clip people, and it may well be enough to put him on the defence.

Plus, Mayweather and Judah aren't on the same level skill-wise, and have different stances. That in itself changes the dynamic of the fight.

I have no doubt the likely outcome will be a points decision, but I predict Mayweather will outwork Khan, and take advantage of the fact his side-on stance occasionally puts him off balance while he steps forward for the right hand.
    "The hero and the coward both feel the same thing, but the hero projects his fear onto his opponent while the coward runs. 'Fear'. It's the same thing, but it's what you do with it that matters". - Cus D'Amato
    Spoiler:

POWERRR!

Posted On:
    10/18/2011 5:05am

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kambei Shimada View Post
    How you figure?

According to Roach he's already very close to Manny's level and has the potential to be better.
    Can't see Khan being able to achieve what Manny has; he's fast but he doesn't have Manny's speed, he hits with decent power but he doesn't have Manny's power and his footwork often shows slight flaws which could get him knocked down if he's caught at the right time.

Khan is good there's no doubt; I just don't see him being better than Manny, and if he were to beat Mayweather that wouldn't automatically make him so.
    "The hero and the coward both feel the same thing, but the hero projects his fear onto his opponent while the coward runs. 'Fear'. It's the same thing, but it's what you do with it that matters". - Cus D'Amato
    Spoiler:

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/18/2011 11:35am

Style: Issh"i"nryu fixed....

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by MMAMickey View Post
    Can't see Khan being able to achieve what Manny has; he's fast but he doesn't have Manny's speed, he hits with decent power but he doesn't have Manny's power and his footwork often shows slight flaws which could get him knocked down if he's caught at the right time.

Khan is good there's no doubt; I just don't see him being better than Manny, and if he were to beat Mayweather that wouldn't automatically make him so.
    Not to take away anything from Manny, but fighting for vacant titles and people comming off losses isn't exactly a hard thing to match. All Khan has to do get popular enough to be fed titles and fight people after they get beat by someone else. They only thing I don't see him able to do is fight in as many weightclasses.

No one said he was as good as Manny, only that he's getting close to his level, and could potentialy surpass him. Khan is very good and very young, and only getting better.

Posted On:
    10/18/2011 3:33pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    KHAAAANNNNN!!!! Ok now that that is out of my system, I see this fight ending as all mayweathers fights with some bs ending dispute and mayweathers hands raised in victory. I consider mayweather a major tool and a herpy sore on the face of boxing, but it's hard to argue his record. Oh and if your wondering what kind of tool I consider him as :

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/18/2011 4:09pm

Style: Western Boxing, Tai Chi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It's not about who's the better overall fighter, it's about styles match-ups. Here's how I honestly see it:

• Khan beats Mayweather because Khan is a boxer-puncher.
    • Mayweather beats Pacquiao because Mayweather is a counterpuncher.
    • Pacquiao beats Khan because Pacquiao's a pressure fighter.

Sometimes, there's fireworks simply because two fighters make excellent match-ups.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    10/18/2011 6:30pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Super8astard View Post
    Why not? Khan is young is developing quite fast. Manny was a very late bloomer, it's not hard to see a young guy with Khans abilities who continues to get better, has the potential to surpass Pac-man.

The more I think about this fight, the more I think Floyd is going to deny he ever said he would fight Khan. I think he'll realize the potential for a loss and cherry pick someone else in about 8 months or so.

Floyd is not the fighter he used to be. He stands in the pocket now and looks for a one or two punch counter, and doesn't even have the head movement he used to. It's still better than anyone elses, but Khan has reach and power, and can even match Floyds speed. Unless Floyd was just playing to the compitition, which given his ego is impossible, he really needs to get back to his roots to keep his precious record in tact.

I just dont see khan ever reaching the heights of pacquiao or mayweather. Khan does not come close to mayweathers speed. I'm far from a mayweather fan i think he's an arrogant douche basically but his skills are of a different world to khans. To be honest i would love to eat my words and Khan floor mayweather but i just cant see it happening. Here's a little reminder of Khans chin.

POWERRR!

Posted On:
    10/18/2011 6:38pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by atomicpoet View Post
    It's not about who's the better overall fighter, it's about styles match-ups. Here's how I honestly see it:

• Khan beats Mayweather because Khan is a boxer-puncher.
    • Mayweather beats Pacquiao because Mayweather is a counterpuncher.
    • Pacquiao beats Khan because Pacquiao's a pressure fighter.

Sometimes, there's fireworks simply because two fighters make excellent match-ups.
    In fairness, the style matchup point is a good one. Khan's style would appear to be the one most suited for topping Mayweather; however, Khan's power is inconsistent and his balance is often questionable upon coming forward as a result of his default stance, which has become quite defensive. Anyone putting pressure on Khan could force him to stay in that stance and effectively negate his decent punching power.

I actually agree that Mayweather would beat Manny, just because Manny relies on speed, but his entry and exit lines are quite straightforward. Imo his only chance of beating Mayweather would come after hurting him, and using crazy conditioning to pressure and negate recovery.
    Spoiler:

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 123 4 LastLast