Our Sponsors:

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 12 34 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    10/14/2011 4:14am

Style: Sub-Grap/MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Khans speed, workrate and reach make him a difficult opponent for Mayweather.

Whereas the shorter Manny would have to come forward to get 'inside' in order to land shots on Mayweather Khan will be able stay away and work from further out.

The gameplan should be just to outwork mayweather and not to go looking for a knockout.
    If he gets it right I think Khan could win.
    Last edited by Kambei Shimada; 10/14/2011 4:17am at .

Posted On:
    10/14/2011 9:57am

Join us... or die
     Style: Bits and pieces

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This will derail Khan completely, he has no hope.

Posted On:
    10/15/2011 1:10pm

Style: Sub-Grap/MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Odacon View Post
    How you figure?

According to Roach he's already very close to Manny's level and has the potential to be better.

If Khan has 'no hope' the there's nobody out there to beat Mayweather.

Stylistically Khans done well against counter punchers whereas Manny has struggled (Marquez,Moralez etc..)

I would like to see khan have a few more fights before he takes on Mayweather but regardless I do think he's already good enough to cause an upset.
    Last edited by Kambei Shimada; 10/15/2011 1:15pm at .

Posted On:
    10/15/2011 1:15pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Trad Ju Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I don't know if Freddie said that. I've not read it - as far as I can recall. Then again, he did write a column in Boxing News in the past fortnight but I failed to read it so I'll have a look back.

One advantage Khan has is his size. He is continuing to grow. Roach is clear that Khan will have to move up in the next 12 months. Perhaps it will be all in the timing of that move up. Mayweather will always be older and will start to decline. He has less miles on the clock but eventually Time will erode his skills.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/15/2011 1:54pm

Style: Issh"i"nryu fixed....

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If Khan wins, will he get credit for beating the best boxer alive, or will he have beaten old man Floyd and all the spotlight focused on Mayweather losing his skill over Khan beating it? Given Floyds mouth, I assume everyone will praise Khan for beating him at his best. But given the S&P of boxing rhetoric, it will probably be no more than Floyd is too old and the young guys are ready to take the spotlight.

Khan does have a very good chance to win, comparatively to anyone else at least... I think people will conclude Mayweather already has this fight won because that's the safe thing to predict. But Khan has two very important things working for him that I haven't seen many people mention... His success against counter punchers being one, and the other being, despite Floyd's amazing defense, he cracks when pressed in to the ropes where guys like Chop Chop have shown how easily he can be hurt there. No doubt Khan can get him in that position, and with his speed and power, can break Floyd down. I won't be surprised if he KO's Mayweather in that way.

Woah. Alex Van Halen got huge.

Posted On:
    10/15/2011 2:13pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Boxing: Where the two best guys wait to fight until nobody fucking gives a **** anymore.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarcastro
    He screams like a little girl as the pain ripples through his arm, shoots up into his brain, and now your dick is hard.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/17/2011 5:04pm

Style: Western Boxing, Tai Chi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabetuno View Post
    Boxing: Where the two best guys wait to fight until nobody fucking gives a **** anymore.
    Same thing happens in MMA. Why doesn't Silvs vs. GSP happen? Why didn't Fedor fight anyone in the UFC?

Quote Originally Posted by Odacon View Post
    If it's the same Khan who showed up again Judah, Khan will blow Mayweather out of the water. Khan is taller, faster, and stronger than Mayweather. He also has a longer reach, and likes to stay on the outside. I have a hard time believing Mayweather's counterpunching would have an answer for that, and you can only do so many shoulder rolls against a barrage of jabs.

Couple that with the fact Khan is a surgeon when it comes to liver punches, and Mayweather is in a whole heap of trouble.

POWERRR!

Posted On:
    10/17/2011 5:47pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Boxing.MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kambei Shimada View Post
    Khans speed, workrate and reach make him a difficult opponent for Mayweather.

Whereas the shorter Manny would have to come forward to get 'inside' in order to land shots on Mayweather Khan will be able stay away and work from further out.

The gameplan should be just to outwork mayweather and not to go looking for a knockout.
    If he gets it right I think Khan could win.
    I disagree here.

Khan's not fast enough to negate Mayweather's head movement and fucking annoyingly sharp skillset. He has the reach, but he doesn't have the power to keep Mayweather off him. Add that in with the fact that Khan doesn't take shots fantastically well, and even Mayweather, who's not a big puncher, could stand to hurt him enough to get him backed up.

Imo Manny has a better chance. He's blindingly fast and hits shockingly hard for his size; something Mayweather has shown he doesn't like too much in the Mosely fight. The main issue with him, as you said, is that he's short.. and his footwork has never been the best..
    Last edited by MMAMickey; 10/17/2011 5:51pm at .
    "The hero and the coward both feel the same thing, but the hero projects his fear onto his opponent while the coward runs. 'Fear'. It's the same thing, but it's what you do with it that matters". - Cus D'Amato
    Spoiler:

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/17/2011 6:15pm

Style: Western Boxing, Tai Chi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by MMAMickey View Post
    I disagree here.

Khan's not fast enough to negate Mayweather's head movement and fucking annoyingly sharp skillset. He has the reach, but he doesn't have the power to keep Mayweather off him. Add that in with the fact that Khan doesn't take shots fantastically well, and even Mayweather, who's not a big puncher, could stand to hurt him enough to get him backed up.

Imo Manny has a better chance. He's blindingly fast and hits shockingly hard for his size; something Mayweather has shown he doesn't like too much in the Mosely fight. The main issue with him, as you said, is that he's short.. and his footwork has never been the best..
    Khan's tougher than you give him credit for. Maidana decked him with a vicious uppercut, and Khan still didn't go down. Considering Maidana's KO rate, I'd say Khan has an underrated chin.

Even so, Khan has a good guard and no longer exposes his chin like he did against Prescott. As long as Khan keeps jabbing from the outside like he did against Judah, PBF will have no answer for him.

As we saw against Judah, head movement doesn't count for a whole lot against Khan. Everyone knows Judah is a poor man's Mayweather -- and he was blown out within 5 rounds. Did you see the liver shot Khan delivered with his right hand?

Now, I will say this. Khan-Mayweather would probably go to the scorecards because PBF has more heart than Judah. It will still be the first loss of Mayweather's career.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    10/17/2011 7:46pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
    I can't stand mayweather, but he's going to WRECK khan.
    Yeah same.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 12 34 LastLast