228141 Bullies, 4883 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 11 to 16 of 16
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Sponsored Links Spacer Image
  1. Rock Ape is offline
    Rock Ape's Avatar

    Watch and Shoot !

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    10,136

    Posted On:
    10/06/2011 3:57pm

    staff
     

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Juggernoob View Post
    This is the wrong forum for this maybe?
    I moved it to Newbietown because I wasn't sure, due to the composition of the OP is this was a joke or someone who's English isn't their first language.

    The thread has obviously been moved here, and rightly so I thinks
    "To sin by silence when one should protest makes cowards out of men".

    ~Ella Wheeler
      #11
  2. Mister is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Cairo, Egypt
    Posts
    642

    Posted On:
    10/06/2011 6:07pm


     Style: Injured

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by doofaloofa View Post
    Nice video

    I especially liked the escape from tomato-nage at 1:40
    Yeah that was great but...

    I don't want to have anything to do with someone that has your avatar picture. Creepiest **** I've ever seen.

    I donno man I just not comfortable wid dis.

    Edit: Look at 1:05 that guy got choked OUT! And the other guy looks at him for a while and lets go then shrugs at the referee.

    "What?"

    I found that funny I don't know why.
    Last edited by Mister; 10/06/2011 6:37pm at .
      #12
  3. squidkicker is offline

    Featherweight

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Kusel,DE
    Posts
    18

    Posted On:
    10/07/2011 3:13am

    Bullshido Newbie
     Style: goju

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by jnp View Post
    That's weird. I practice BJJ and I use rolling chokes, armbars and kneebars all the time. I even occasionally slap on the side triangle when the opportunity arises.

    I suspect you're basing your opinion from watching videos on the internet, rather than from spending time on the mat.
    The classic "my generalization is better than yours" argument, and my fav "i disagree so you must not train enough."
    Not claiming that anything mentioned was exclusive to one style. I grapple with a pretty diverse group and there's easy transitions to the lesser used that I just don't see happening. If there were a reason why I'd love to hear it.
      #13
  4. doofaloofa is offline

    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Wesht Cark
    Posts
    1,575

    Posted On:
    10/07/2011 8:08am


     Style: mma

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister View Post
    Yeah that was great but...

    I don't want to have anything to do with someone that has your avatar picture. Creepiest **** I've ever seen.

    I donno man I just not comfortable wid dis.

    Edit: Look at 1:05 that guy got choked OUT! And the other guy looks at him for a while and lets go then shrugs at the referee.

    "What?"

    I found that funny I don't know why.
    That is pretty funny
      #14
  5. PointyShinyBurn is offline
    PointyShinyBurn's Avatar

    Gnarly King of Half-Guard

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    4,220

    Posted On:
    10/07/2011 8:17am

    Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by squidkicker View Post
    Not claiming that anything mentioned was exclusive to one style. I grapple with a pretty diverse group and there's easy transitions to the lesser used that I just don't see happening. If there were a reason why I'd love to hear it.
    Under BJJ rules, with more time and the points for the back control, it's generally higher percentage to work for the hooks than try to roll them straight into a sub.
      #15
  6. jnp is offline
    jnp's Avatar

    Titanium laced beauty

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Posts
    8,237

    Posted On:
    10/07/2011 8:18am

    supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: BJJ, wrestling

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by squidkicker View Post
    The classic "my generalization is better than yours" argument, and my fav "i disagree so you must not train enough."
    Not claiming that anything mentioned was exclusive to one style. I grapple with a pretty diverse group and there's easy transitions to the lesser used that I just don't see happening. If there were a reason why I'd love to hear it.
    It's not a generalization if it comes from direct experience. Logic is your mental friend.

    I used the word "suspect" on purpose. I didn't disagree. Get it right.

    What exactly is your question? It's entirely unclear in your first post. Trying to decipher the question from your post above, are you asking why don't BJJ guys use "arm cranking, side triangling, rollchokin"? when the opportunity arises?

    Is English your second language?
    Shut the hell up and train.
      #16
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Powered by vBulletin™© contact@vbulletin.com vBulletin Solutions, Inc. 2011 All rights reserved.