Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Motorboatin SOB

Posted On:
    11/24/2002 9:44am

supporting member
     Style: Judo and BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Supirse suprise, a TKD peson that can not figure out why it is bad to jump in a fight...
    When you jump, where is your balance point? How much effort would it take to knock you over?
    And that's when I figured out that tears couldn't make somebody who was dead alive again. There's another thing to learn about tears, they can't make somebody who doesn't love you any more love you again. It's the same with prayers. I wonder how much of their lives people waste crying and praying to God. If you ask me, the devil makes more sense than God does. I can at least see why people would want him around. It's good to have somebody to blame for the bad stuff they do. Maybe God's there because people get scared of all the bad stuff they do. They figure that God and the Devil are always playing this game of tug-of-war game with them. And they never know which side they're gonna wind up on. I guess that tug-of-war idea explains how sometimes, even when people try to do something good, it still turns out bad.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/24/2002 9:50am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    yes but when you jump your only getting maybe 1 foot of the ground and attack is always inatied before the jump. so the attack itself last totaly for about 1 second now figuring that the oppoent has to spend about 1 quater of the second blocking depending on the distance 1-2 quaters moving in close enough and another probably another 2 quaters or a second inating the knock over attack. I say 2 quaters because your not gona be able to knock somone over with a jab. anyway that comes to a gradn total of 1.25 seconds wich means the person jumping has already had a quater of a second to counter your orginal attempt to knck him or her over.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/24/2002 7:22pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You should go roll through the UFC and Pride with your amazing jumping, spinning kicks.

DngrRuss1:
    It's not bigotry to say TKD sucks as a whole, it's just a fact.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/24/2002 8:43pm

Style: TKD, soon BJJ JUDO

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    yES I COULD TELL HIM ALOT ABOU TTHE ata HOWEVER I DO NOT AGREE WITH ALL OF THE THINGS THAT HAPPEN IN M Y ORGANIZATION. THE ONLY RESPONISIBILITY I HAVE IS TO MY STUDENTS I CANT SPEAK FOR MY PEERS BUT I DO IT RIGHT. YES IT HAS ITS PROBLEMS BUT ALL ORGANIZATIONS HAVE THEIR PROBLEMS. I STILL FEEL THAT THE MARTIAL ARTS IS FO RTHE COMMON MAN TO BE INVOLVED IN. HOWVER NOT EVERYONE CAN BE BRUCE LEE. IF YOUY PLAY BASE BALL THEN WELL YOU HSOULD BE A WALTER PAYTON. NO THATS STUPID. WE ALL HAVE DIFFERENT ABILITIES AND SHOULD BE ABLE TO BRING THOSE TO THE MARTIAL ARTS.

THIS DOESNT MEAN THOUGH THAT YOU SHOULDNT HAVE TO WORK FOR YOUR RANK. I FEEL THAT IF YOU ARE TO BE IN LEADERSHIP IN THE MARTIAL ARTS COMMUNITY THEN YOU SOULD BE ONE OF THE BETER MARTIAL ARTISTS IN THAT COMUNITY. IF YOU ARE TO BE A GREAT INSTRUCTOR DONT YOU NEED TO HAVE LOTS OF STUDENTS.

QUALITY X QUANTITY = THE MEASURE OF GREATNESS IN YOUR INSTRUCTION.

I DO AGREE THAT TKD IS LIMITED BUT SO IS BJJ.

SO THERFORE YOU NEED TO CROSS TRAIN.
    AS DO I.

Today impossible, Tomarrow Possible
    Grand Master H.U. Lee

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/24/2002 8:45pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    SPINNING SIDE JUMP KICK IN A SELF DEFENSE SITUATION GIVE ME A BREAK.

PLEASE GIVE ME MORE CREDIT THAN THAT I AM NOT THAT FOOLISH. HITEM LOW HARD AND FAST THEN BEAT FEET.

Grand Master H.U. Lee

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/24/2002 8:49pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    jkd chick
    i ask that you respect my martial art as i respect yours. if i knew you personally i would say that you have an attitude problem but i dont know you personally. in that case i ask why do you have so much animosity toward TKD. as you have said yourself you got your blackbelt in TKD.

Grand Master H.U. Lee
  7. Michael

Posted On:
    11/24/2002 9:34pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Point;
    There are some ridiculous moves out there.

Counter point;
    They are so cool to watch.

Guys, I know how to do jump spinning 360 kicks. Do I use them in a real fight. Hell no. I also know how to do a flying armbar. Do I use them in a real fight? Hell no. I will do that kick in a full contact match, and I will try that submission during a submission match (almost pulled it off about 2 years ago, I was sooo close.), but real fight? Give me a break!!!(bwhahaahahah, pun intended)

MMA? Unless your name is Genki Sudo let's leave it for the proper venue.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/24/2002 9:45pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    jumping spinning kicks are for show but the jumping kicks I'm talking about are double front snap kick double front thrust kick and double roundhouse kick.
  9. Michael

Posted On:
    11/24/2002 9:54pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    What the heck is a double roundhouse kick? I hope its not the one where you jump up throw one roundhouse and then throw another with the opposite side because I gaurantee somebody's going to be looking up at their opponent afterwards and it was the one who didn't jump.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/24/2002 10:06pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    nope thats not it what you do is bring you front leg up and make it look like your going for a front snap kick but instead you bring it down switch your stance and then do a roundhouse kick. you barely get 2 inches of the ground while doing it but people still insist on calling it a jumping kick.
Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst ... 23456 7891016 ... LastLast