TKD lover

Day Tripper/Dream Weaver

Posted On:
    12/01/2002 5:33am

supporting member
     Style: Shorei-ryu & Kumdo & TKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hey Jamoke, please tell me your experience in TKD to have you arrive at your opinoin. I would really like to know, being that you are such a educated man in the arts.

PeeDee,

I can agree with you to a point. I believe TKD will eventually do away with their hyungs, but the problem is that they will do it for the wrong reason. The forms are starting to gear themselves towards sparring (TKD sparring). The stances have become more narrow and upright. They have recently changed the way that they do front stance.

The problem is that TKD, once it was formed, decided that it wanted to be a sport. Funny thing is that the TKD that they teach in the Korean army, is not the same that they teach at a civilian dojang. Right now the WTF is going to be changing the leadership. We can only hope that the new leaders will start to steer it in a better direction.

Jeremy M. Talbott
    <a href:http://www.homestead.com/koreanma/index.html>Martial Art Society</a>
    http://www.geocities.com/jns1994/MSA.html
    Jeremy M. Talbott

Quote Originally Posted by Phrost
    "Bullshido isn't just a place to hang out when you're browsing the net. We really are trying to accomplish something fucking extraordinary here that nobody's ever had the balls to do before."
    Quote Originally Posted by D.Murray
    "Which is better, to learn the truth, or to enjoy the illusion of being right when you are not?"
    Quote Originally Posted by hangooknamja88 View Post
    My definition of Ki is our energy. it's rather hard to explain it in words. It's not some mystical type of energy like white people...

SUPPORT BULLSHIDO!
  3. 9chambers

Posted On:
    12/01/2002 5:39am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Oh, I guess I did say that the spinning sidekick is the only spin kick that I would use since it doesn't make you land with your back to the enemy like the TKD back kick or spinning hook kick. I don't use it very often anymore but even in Jr. High I bet I'd have knocked you on your ass with it. But that kick is in Kung Fu and Karate as well as TKD. Its not something TKD invented.

Being a guy who likes defending the underdog I decided that I would support the TKD guys a little. Its a rare occasion when you can do that. This is what I get for my efforts. Some punk kid BJJ troll who is out to make a name for himself starts humping my leg like a neutered dog trying to get his phantom penis to work.

Man, I don't like TKD but guys like you make me want to like BJJ even less. Here is MY prediction for the future. If all martial arts look the same they still won't look like BJJ. The Gracies and their contribution got the ball rolling but what you see in MMA competition is far from pure BJJ. Its cross-training. I have respect for anyone who sees the value of cross-training whether TKD, BJJ or Charlie-Fu is their base art. But anyone who says "oh grappling is beeeetter" or "ono only boxing works" or "my weeener is bigger than yours" or "my Daddy can beat up your Daddy" .. is a little kid.

Bruce Lee invisioned a style without style. The study of combat as a whole and not fancy segmented styles. I see that happening and its cool. I don't see BJJ clones in the future. I see some people being open and considerate and experimental. That's pretty cool.

>> Perhaps it was because I had an inherent skill for the science and never deviated from natural principles. - Miyamoto Musashi 1643

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/01/2002 6:31am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    *sniff*...that's so sweet and insightful.......almost.....fairy-like.

I love how you jerk-offs take me so seriously, if you'd only ignore me I'd go away.....you're all way too easy.

Decafinated white belt.

Posted On:
    12/01/2002 7:09am

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    People still like having styles to cling to. Or "their own style". Everyone makes their invididual one, anyway, but nonetheless.

I remember my big opening rant coming here had the same point... Dunno if I can dig that up.

<Me> John, what do you know about Zen Buddhism? <John> *smacks me*
    <John> I'd have to smack you sometime...
    Katana, on 540 kicks: "Hang from a ceiling fan with both hands. Flail your feet out and ask people to walk into you as you hit their face."
  6. 9chambers

Posted On:
    12/02/2002 9:10am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    *sigh*

Senior Administrator

Posted On:
    12/02/2002 4:56pm

staff
     Style: JKD, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You REALLY think that all arts aren't going to give up all the useless crap and go the way of JKD? Its already happening. Watch....
    YES!!
    Validation!
    (chanting)
    JKD
    JKD
    JKD

"I'm not tense; just terribly, terribly alert."
    Monkey Ninjas! Attack!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/02/2002 5:30pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    whenever you get the government involved with somethng it all goes to **** (wushu,tkd)

OFFICIAL Mayor of Cwcville

Posted On:
    12/02/2002 8:38pm

supporting member
     Style: Electricity, Speed

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well, if I may, I'd just like to offer my insights into this thread:

I Give BJJ's obviously witnessed his parents' murder at the hands of a Tae Kwon Do practioner as a child. Nothing else could explain the berserk frenzy and countless "yo momma" jokes. It'll be an emotional moment when he comes to terms with both himself and Tae Kwon Do, bursting into tears and muttering "Not guilty....not...gu-gu-guilty" like in Twelve Angry Men, only this time the guy in question is wearing hotpants.

And 9chambers, don't let him get to you. You'll always be number one in my heart.

Regarding the extinction of "styles": It'd be a beautiful thing to see styles go out of style *17 rimshots in a row*, but it ain't happening, especially not in ten years. There are people currently making lots and lots of money off all that "ancient Asian killing art of peace" crap, and with the McDojo problem consistently getting worse, it's gonna take nothing short of a Christmas miracle to change their ways.

Even so, lumping all martial arts together doesn't make much sense. I mean, if you were a senior citizen suffering from a chronic chi-shortage, would you take up Muay Thai or Tai Chi? If you were interested in looking cool and nothing else (and I for one openly respect people who know what they want from a martial art and have no delusions about it), you'd be better off taking Wushu than boxing.

Now, if you're talking about FIGHTING arts*, then I see what you're getting at. If a person is interested in becoming a well-rounded fighter, then yes, he'd be best off learning from all styles, until they blended together so well there's no longer a dominant style in him. Smart fighters will discard the notion of "styles", but everyone else will ride the flaming trainwreck down to a watery grave (full of giant squids).

*The entire concept of the martial art has become so pussified as of late that I feel we need a distinction between arts where you fight and arts where you learn how NOT to fight or somesuch.

Edited by - boyd on December 02 2002 19:43:54
    Captain's Log: Just a little update for all my TRUE and HONEST friends out there:

1) I am STRAIGHT! I am STRAIGHT! Get it through your thick skulls, numbskulls!

2) My name is not Ian Brandon Something.

3) Kacey is coming with me now. I have stolen her from the other Christian Weston Chandler.

REMINDER: I am still the one and only true creator of sonichu and rosechu electric hedgehog pokemon

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/03/2002 10:04pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    holy ****, Boyd is now officialy the biggest fag I've ever witnessed in my life.

9chambers is #1 in his heart?

He gave 17 rimjobs in a row?

You and 9chambers can go play grabass now, I'm done.