TKD

Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Decafinated white belt.

Posted On:
    11/29/2002 7:53pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I tell people about jiujitsu and they look at me and say "wanna wrassle"... (well after me and kevin spontanously went grappling... but it was fooling around. Until he slammed me on my back and all 215 lbs of him landed on my solar plexus.)

I got the sherdog highlight of Royce Gracie in the first few UFC's and they seem to like it a lot now. Go figure. Oh, and Ernesto Hoost to show off Muay Thai, though in K-1 Rules.

They don't disrespect MT as much, but one guy does the elbows (completly wrong might I add) to piss me off, and one guy does Adon's stance from Street Fighter II Alpha, which is like the karate kid crane stance crap.

One guy who pretty much dismisses everything but boxing (and I don't blame him all that much) wasn't exactly disappointed to hear that where I train Muay Thai, boxing, as it exists seperately, is incorporated into striking. I kinda tap-sparred-demo'd why kicking low opens high strikes, and vice versa.

<Me> John, what do you know about Zen Buddhism? <John> *smacks me*
    <John> I'd have to smack you sometime...
    Katana, on 540 kicks: "Hang from a ceiling fan with both hands. Flail your feet out and ask people to walk into you as you hit their face."
  2. 9chambers

Posted On:
    11/30/2002 9:37am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    BJob,

>HAHA, that was a good way of covering up
    >that you have no clue what you're talking
    >about, and I clearly do.

No, this is your way of covering up the opposite. Go back and reply to what I said instead of this bullshit.

>My chest is sticking out and I am proudly
    >beating it in my verbal victory over your
    >sorry TKD ass.....

.. what a dolt.

>btw, knee kicks are NOT supposed to KO......
    >but buckle the leg....Newtons did neither,

It buckled the leg, spun the guy around and made him drop his left shoulder just like I said in my last post.

>as it was a set-up for a punch, but obvioulsy
    >you don't that since you're not allowed to
    >punch to the face

I don't even take TKD. Boxers aren't allowed to punch?? What the.. You are a complete moron. Why do I bother. You are resorting to calling me things that I'm not because even you know that you make no sense. Why keep punishing and humiliating yourself here? Go play a video game.

>> Perhaps it was because I had an inherent skill for the science and never deviated from natural principles. - Miyamoto Musashi 1643

Co-Founder, Retired Admin

Posted On:
    11/30/2002 4:12pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ, Karate,

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    TKD sucks man. The way it is practiced by 99% of the M.A. world is horrible. It has devolved into one of the worst combat arts that has ever been.

I'm glad some people take the techniques from TKD and use and practice them in a much more realistic way. There are definitely some good techniques in the art. If this had been going on all along you wouldnt even have TKD anymore. It would have evolved into something totally different. the punches would look different, many of the kicks would have been removed, the hyungs would have been thrown in the toilet where they belong, and all the traditional strikes and blocks would have been done away with.

What you would have left wouldn't be TKD.

Its not the art thats bad, its the philiosophy in general. Strike the guy, yell Kiai and drop him. Theres alot more to combat than that.

In 10 years all the arts are going to look identical.

Quote me.

"The only "ancient" art that's worth a damn is Wrestling.
    Pretty much everything else that is called "ancient" is just masturbation without touching your genitals." -Phrost
    "All warfare is based on deception." -Sun Tzu, ca. 400BC

Reverse punch Kiaii!!!

Shock'n Y'all

Posted On:
    11/30/2002 4:36pm

supporting member
     Style: Kempo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    "TKD sucks man."

you suck peedee/bitch, you suck man.

Posted On:
    11/30/2002 5:57pm

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    "In 10 years all the arts are going to look identical."

I hope not.

My guns bigger than Scrapper's!

Posted On:
    11/30/2002 8:23pm

supporting member
     Style: Kakutogi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    "Quote me."

Ok I did :)

Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invinsible Asia) Emporer of Baji!!! THE FIRST LINE OF DEFENSE AGAINST THE UNITED AUSSIE FRONT!!
    ______
    Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invincible Asia) Dark Emperor of Baji!!!

RIP SOLDIER

Didn't anyone ever tell him a fat man could never be a ninja
    -Gene, GODHAND

You can't practice Judo just to win a Judo Match! You practice so that no matter what happens, you can win using Judo!
    The key to fighting two men at once is to be much tougher than both of them.
    -Daniel Tosh

Co-Founder, Retired Admin

Posted On:
    11/30/2002 8:40pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ, Karate,

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You REALLY think that all arts aren't going to give up all the useless crap and go the way of JKD? Its already happening. Watch....
    "All warfare is based on deception." -Sun Tzu, ca. 400BC

Reverse punch Kiaii!!!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/01/2002 12:56am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Peedee Shaolin,

So long as there are uninformed consumers, greedy snake-oil salesmen, bored soccer moms, kids playing video games, and a desire for one/two-hour 'child-care', there will be useless crap. ...And you can quote ME on that! :D

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/01/2002 4:41am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I rule......PeeDee confirmed it, whether he knows it or not

I know what I am talking about, and anyone who does or defends TKD (I'm looking at you 9chambers) obviously does not......losers
  10. 9chambers

Posted On:
    12/01/2002 5:09am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    When did I defend TKD you moron? I defended Muay Thai! .. Muay Thai and its whip kicks which you called faggotry. I don't even study TKD.

You are the dumbest person alive.