TKD

Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/25/2002 7:25pm

Style: TKD, soon BJJ JUDO

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    oh yea i am starting a new martial art. you get a black belt if yo ucan brea a concrete block with you penis.

Today impossible, Tomarrow Possible
    Grand Master H.U. Lee

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/25/2002 7:32pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    My right nipple know all about particle physics.
    ooh baby, keep up with the dirty talk

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/25/2002 8:03pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I figured I throw in my opinion about the whole thing. I practice Taekwondo and I did high school wrestling for 3 years. Anyone who jump kicks in a fight is a moron, and deserves the broken bones they get. There is no supperior martial art. There are only superior martial artists. Saying that Taekwondo sucks and that everyone who does it is a fag, is a really ignorant statement. Every art has its strong points, and its weak points. Bashing on a particular art is a waste of time, and if it is because of a bad experience at a certain dojo/dojahng, that is really unfortunate. I love TKD, I wouldn't trade it for the world. But it's not the only MA out there. Everyone should go and try some other arts as well.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/25/2002 8:05pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I figured I throw in my opinion about the whole thing. I practice Taekwondo and I did high school wrestling for 3 years. Anyone who jump kicks in a fight is a moron, and deserves the broken bones they get. There is no supperior martial art. There are only superior martial artists. Saying that Taekwondo sucks and that everyone who does it is a fag, is a really ignorant statement. Every art has its strong points, and its weak points. Bashing on a particular art is a waste of time, and if it is because of a bad experience at a certain dojo/dojahng, that is really unfortunate. I love TKD, I wouldn't trade it for the world. But it's not the only MA out there. Everyone should go and try some other arts as well.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/25/2002 8:08pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    enlighten us on the strong points of TKD please...

Senior Administrator

Posted On:
    11/25/2002 8:20pm

staff
     Style: JKD, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I agree, by the way, that a TKD stylist can be a good full contact fighter. It is indeed the artist, not the art. I think my argument would be they'd be better if they were in a different art.

I'm a little bitter right now because I wasted five good years on something that didn't teach me how to fight effectively. So in my case, it is the art.

"I'm not tense; just terribly, terribly alert."
    Monkey Ninjas! Attack!

Decafinated white belt.

Posted On:
    11/25/2002 10:18pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    a TKD stylist, in training to become a full contact fighter, would have to deviate from TKD a lot. They'd learn things de-emphasized or untaught at the dojang. They'd have to learn to deal with punches to the head, kicks below the belt, possibly knees, elbows, holds, throwing, and *gasp* opponents that shove you if you try to kick high like a ballerina!

Yes, they can, but they'd deviate from TKD a lot in doing so.

<Me> John, what do you know about Zen Buddhism? <John> *smacks me*
    <John> I'd have to smack you sometime...
    Katana, on 540 kicks: "Hang from a ceiling fan with both hands. Flail your feet out and ask people to walk into you as you hit their face."

Day Tripper/Dream Weaver

Posted On:
    11/25/2002 10:40pm

supporting member
     Style: Shorei-ryu & Kumdo & TKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If they are training in traditional TKD, then they aren't deviating too much from their original training. Only if they practice Olympic/Sport TKD do they deviate from that training.

Jeremy M. Talbott
    http://www.homestead.com/koreanma/index.html
    http://www.geocities.com/jns1994/MSA.html
    Jeremy M. Talbott

Quote Originally Posted by Phrost
    "Bullshido isn't just a place to hang out when you're browsing the net. We really are trying to accomplish something fucking extraordinary here that nobody's ever had the balls to do before."
    Quote Originally Posted by D.Murray
    "Which is better, to learn the truth, or to enjoy the illusion of being right when you are not?"
    Quote Originally Posted by hangooknamja88 View Post
    My definition of Ki is our energy. it's rather hard to explain it in words. It's not some mystical type of energy like white people...

SUPPORT BULLSHIDO!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/25/2002 10:42pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I agree it's more the artist than the art. But, I'd also have to agree that TKD is not too useful in a real fight. High kicking will not do too much good on the street IMHO.

Day Tripper/Dream Weaver

Posted On:
    11/25/2002 11:03pm

supporting member
     Style: Shorei-ryu & Kumdo & TKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Again, Masta, you are describing Olympic/Sport TKD. Traditional TKD does not teach this. However, I do enjoy kicking to the head....Their knees just has to be on the ground first. :)

Jeremy M. Talbott
    http://www.homestead.com/koreanma/index.html
    http://www.geocities.com/jns1994/MSA.html
    Jeremy M. Talbott

Quote Originally Posted by Phrost
    "Bullshido isn't just a place to hang out when you're browsing the net. We really are trying to accomplish something fucking extraordinary here that nobody's ever had the balls to do before."
    Quote Originally Posted by D.Murray
    "Which is better, to learn the truth, or to enjoy the illusion of being right when you are not?"
    Quote Originally Posted by hangooknamja88 View Post
    My definition of Ki is our energy. it's rather hard to explain it in words. It's not some mystical type of energy like white people...

SUPPORT BULLSHIDO!
Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ... 678910 11121314 ... LastLast