supporting member
     Style: Kakutogi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by gregaquaman View Post
    I do arm windmills.

(Sigh)
    GAY!!!!!

Seriously though I'm 250lbs and my max bench is 425lbs (1RM). I normally stay around 315~350lbs for a regular work out.
    ______
    Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invincible Asia) Dark Emperor of Baji!!!

RIP SOLDIER

Didn't anyone ever tell him a fat man could never be a ninja
    -Gene, GODHAND

You can't practice Judo just to win a Judo Match! You practice so that no matter what happens, you can win using Judo!
    The key to fighting two men at once is to be much tougher than both of them.
    -Daniel Tosh

Posted On:
    10/06/2011 9:40am

Style: mma /boxing/muai thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gezere View Post
    I bench my body weight as a warm up.
    Just to do a super derail. But this question has been with me for a while and I haven't had a good oportunity to ask anyone. I get on some forums and have the self defence vs gun debate.

One of the things that crops up is thet you do not have to be fit to shoot somone.

Now I did skirmish (Paint ball) a little while back and I was bloddy knackered at the end of it.

How physical is a gunfight?

My guns bigger than Scrapper's!

Posted On:
    10/06/2011 9:40am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    I thought you ate equivalent to your body weight for a warm up.
    That too. Speaking of which it's time to pregame for the gym.
    ______
    Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invincible Asia) Dark Emperor of Baji!!!

RIP SOLDIER

-Gene, GODHAND

You can't practice Judo just to win a Judo Match! You practice so that no matter what happens, you can win using Judo!
    -Daniel Tosh

Posted On:
    10/06/2011 9:48am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Just to do a super derail. But this question has been with me for a while and I haven't had a good oportunity to ask anyone. I get on some forums and have the self defence vs gun debate.

One of the things that crops up is thet you do not have to be fit to shoot somone.

Now I did skirmish (Paint ball) a little while back and I was bloddy knackered at the end of it.

How physical is a gunfight?
    Most civilian SD gunfights might not be that strenuous. They are usually quick engagements that don't require a lot of movement. You might not need to be in super shape but I think the better shape you are in the better you deal with the adrenaline dump and stress allowing you to actually hit what you are shooting at.

Military wise they can be a bitch. Mainly because the other equipment you are carrying (ammunition, body armor, etc.) and trying to maneuver. If you are actually assaulting an objective then you definitely need to be in good shape because you are trying to hit them hard and fast and not giving them a time to react.
    ______

RIP SOLDIER

-Gene, GODHAND

-Daniel Tosh

Posted On:
    10/06/2011 9:50am

Style: mma /boxing/muai thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Most civilian SD gunfights might not be that strenuous. They are usually quick engagements that don't require a lot of movement. You might not need to be in super shape but I think the better shape you are in the better you deal with the adrenaline dump and stress allowing you to actually hit what you are shooting at.

Military wise they can be a bitch. Mainly because the other equipment you are carrying (ammunition, body armor, etc.) and trying to maneuver. If you are actually assaulting an objective then you definitely need to be in good shape because you are trying to hit them hard and fast and not giving them a time to react.
    cool thanks.

And a 190kg bench is pretty damn impressive.

Posted On:
    10/06/2011 9:52am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    cool thanks.

And a 190kg bench is pretty damn impressive.
    It only is when you are the only one doing it. Not so much when you are surrounded by guys throwing up 500lbs.
    ______

RIP SOLDIER

-Gene, GODHAND

-Daniel Tosh

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/06/2011 9:57am

Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Juggernoob View Post
    She went into a neck snap that only works in professional wrestling. Seriously, I have never seen that **** outside of Pro wrestling. What type of Karate is this again?
    Wouldn't that just normally transition into a guillotine? Oh wait she would have to go to the ground to do that.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/06/2011 9:59am

Style: 'Grapplin'

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Drmarrello View Post
    Wouldn't that just normally transition into a guillotine? Oh wait she would have to go to the ground to do that.
    What I got from that isnt what I imagine you meant.

Professional wrestling is better than Krotty, because a fake ground game is better than no ground game.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/06/2011 11:31am

Style: Boxing, Rowing Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The dude is clearly retarded if he thinks bones can be used to exert any sort of leverage in the way muscles can. He probably reckons that muscles would only slow down his lightning-fast foom foom foomage.

Yes, I am smarter than you are.

Posted On:
    10/06/2011 11:35am

supporting memberstaff
     Style: TKD, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I bench my body weight as a warm up.
    Which for a chubbyweight like you is actually impressive...
    But you obviously would gas in the 2nd round since you're all roided up with muscles.

I, on the other hand, am a lean 145lbs and am clearly a superior fighting machine. I also bench my bodyweight as a warmup. So clearly I'm just as strong as you are and with much less muscle mass to feed. The logic is irrefutable.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 123 4 LastLast