Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/06/2011 8:32pm

Style: Taekwondo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The reason I say that is because a buddy's step mom I know worked with mentaly handy-capped kids, and thought it would be fun for them to learn karate. That is until one of them hospitalized her. He'd never been violent until then, he may never have had the thought to hurt anyone until he was taught how to.
    true true, but if the instructor is careful on who he lets in in regards to the mentally handicapped, i don't see a problem

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/06/2011 8:45pm

Style: Issh"i"nryu fixed....

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by WayOfLife View Post
    true true, but if the instructor is careful on who he lets in in regards to the mentally handicapped, i don't see a problem
    There's no accurate way to predict who will turn violent. It may not even be turning violent, the kid might have thought he was playing, or showing her what he learned, etc. I don't think you should teach the mentaly challenged how to fight unless they are fully functional. If that's the case, then yeah, no problem. If not, teach them kickball or basketball. They'll still have fun and still get the same benefits.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12