Our Sponsors:

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    11/23/2011 9:46pm

Style: Muay Thai n00b

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I haven't done the first, though we do something were we just speed 1-2's or knees or kicks for about a minute (if I last that long) at the end of a regular pad session as fast and hard as we can.

I love that second exercise, did it all the time in Judo with throws, the thing is in the gym I'm at now we have neither the space (oustide the actual ring) and don't have the people or the pads (only one and a half sets of Thai pads)

Posted On:
    11/24/2011 10:55am

Join us... or die
     Style: Bits and pieces

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by WorldWarCheese View Post
    I haven't done the first, though we do something were we just speed 1-2's or knees or kicks for about a minute (if I last that long) at the end of a regular pad session as fast and hard as we can.

I love that second exercise, did it all the time in Judo with throws, the thing is in the gym I'm at now we have neither the space (oustide the actual ring) and don't have the people or the pads (only one and a half sets of Thai pads)
    You can relay between a person with pads and a heavy bag if your stuck for people and you can do pyramids on a heavy bag too if you have access to one outside your MT gym.

Posted On:
    11/24/2011 11:27am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    At the moment I don't, but I'm moving to a new place (unrelated but... first time ever living on my own scaaaaaaaaaaaaaaryyyyyyyyyyyy) and I'm considering installing out outside if possible (have to ask the landlord first just to be sure).

And while at the moment I'm learning new training techniques every lesson (stand under the center of the bag and push it into the air?) I think it'd be a bit pretentious of me to try and introduce these ideas; they might even know them already and are just teaching us other things first, who knows? But I do remember loving the man-in-the-middle drill from Judo.

Posted On:
    11/27/2011 8:41pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I am doing a 250 day training. All i have so far is hitting the gym everyday and doing a training course. Which includes agility excersizes, and such. I just need some more, i feel like im not getting enough of a good training day. If you could message me some Ideas to add to my training it would be GREATLY APRECIATED!

Posted On:
    11/27/2011 10:25pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Update: Biked to work (push-biked, not motorbiked), not a long thing maybe 2-3 miles or so (I'm terrible with telling distances) took me 5 minutes and I was pretty worn out by the time I got to work. I later have to bike from one school to another I work at, at about the same distance (then to Muay Thai) all in all I hope this has a serious impact on my overall fitness in general but especially the condition of my legs and stamina.

Stevo: What are you training in, and where at? What exactly is a "250 day training" and what do you do during training?

Posted On:
    11/29/2011 12:07am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Very interesting points in your post it sure cleared many questions that I may have had. I loved it because I did learn a lot from it because of it.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    11/30/2011 10:43pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Brazilian Jiu Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    http://everystepblog.blogspot.com/20...-it-hurts.html

Check out my blog have a great post on tabata training use it very successfully myself before BJJ tourneys.

Posted On:
    12/01/2011 2:21am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thanks for the link. I've thought about an HIIT program before, but might actually give it a shot starting December with a jump rope (my weakest area of expertise in the gym) to see how it goes.

Oh, and welcome to Bullshido

Featherweight

Posted On:
    12/01/2011 9:43pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Brazilian Jiu Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thanks man. I train with a lot of world champions in BJJ at Alliance Atlanta and tabatas are a favorite of many of them. I hope to become one of them myself this year. ;)

Posted On:
    12/05/2011 1:04pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Wow, that's pretty cool. And thanks again I'll keep you posted on how it all works out. And good luck, mate.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234