Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/29/2011 4:57pm

Style: Muay thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Nam Pai Chuan

I remember doing this for a few weeks when I was 17 or so. I wanted to take a break from jitsu, I learnt a few techniques, but there were overly complicated and just felt very unsafe.

The style was meant to be some sort of shaolin kung fu, but they used belts like in karate so I just left and stuck to jitsu for 2 more years then left that too.

The reason I bring this up is because I stumbled upon some sparring clips on youtube and thought I might share.

Posted On:
    9/29/2011 5:03pm

supporting memberstaff
     Style: Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thanks, I learned nothing about the art from your post, and apparently you didn't like the art because it had a belt ranking system. Also here's a competition, not sparring, video without my commentary. You win the vague posting award.
    Surfing Facebook at work? Spread the good word by adding us on Facebook today! https://www.facebook.com/Bullshido

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/29/2011 5:12pm

Style: G-safe Krav Maga / TKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    From http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nam_Pai_Chuan

Nam Pai Chuan (Chinese: 南北拳) is a Shaolin kung fu style with centres in the UK, Belgium, France, New Zealand, Canada, Japan, Australia and Malaysia. The name means "North-South Fist" and indicates its origin in the central Chinese style called "Fat Gar Kuen" (Chinese: 佛家拳). This style was brought to Malaysia by Cho-Si Seh Koh San (Chinese: 祖师释高参), who became abbot of the Siong Lim Temple in Singapore, and died in 1960 at the age of 74. One of his students was Quek Hen Choon (Chinese: 郭逢春), who is famous for his demonstrations of Ying Qigong (Chinese: 硬气功). The style was brought to London in 1979 by one of his students and founder of Nam Pai Chuan, Sifu Christopher Lai Khee Choong (Chinese: 黎钜忠), and has since expanded to include many centres around the UK and other countries.
    Nam Pai Chuan is a very broad style, and includes kicking, punching, chin na locking (Chinese: 擒拿), take-downs, throwing, pressure points dim mak (Chinese: 点脉), weapons and many other techniques, as well as Chi Gung (Chinese: 气功) (breathing energy exercises).
    Nice video btw.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/29/2011 5:16pm

Style: Muay thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Fair enough. Il elaborate on it some more then. While I was there people would constantly tell me how much superior there style was. And I remember one of the students who was a purple belt harassed me into showing him a hip throw. He then showed me his version complicated version of the throw which is just stupid. Then the only two female students who knew nothing were impressed. He then continued and acted like he was hot ****.

I also found there katas ridiculous. I find karate katas pretty funny but this was something else.

I have found a video with something familiar.