Our Sponsors:

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 6 LastLast

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/13/2011 3:49am

Style: Shorin Ryu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Just for clarification, is "a contact high" the same as what people who talk differently call "passive smoking"? If so that's a possible, if lame excuse.

:)

Posted On:
    10/13/2011 4:09am

supporting member
     Style: Ex-Tiger KF, ex-SanDa

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by thrutch View Post
    Just for clarification, is "a contact high" the same as what people who talk differently call "passive smoking"? If so that's a possible, if lame excuse.
    Yep, being around a big enough and dense enough cloud to actually feel an effect.

It's plausible, but highly improbable, IMO.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/13/2011 4:28am

Style: Shorin Ryu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by bobyclumsyninja View Post
    Yep, being around a big enough and dense enough cloud to actually feel an effect.

It's plausible, but highly improbable, IMO.
    We're hammered with drug testing in my industry (road & rail construction in the UK) and fails for cannabis aren't that unusual. The quantity that's tested for in a urine sample is 10 times smaller than that for things like opiates/cocaine/MDMA etc (from memory I think it's something like 5μg for cannabis against 50μg for others) so a small amount of passive smoking can fail you a test, you certainly don't need to have inhaled enough to have felt an effect. It's generally an easy get out clause for a fail. We still don't allow the guy to work on site though.

Fails are sent away for a detailed lab analysis (takes about 2 weeks) and the lab can usually tell us whether that person was a regular user or not - apparently they test for a chemical that the body produces to clear the THC from the blood, and the quantity of that in the urine is a strong indicator of the level of use. I'd be surprised of the athletic commission don't do this.

As far as Herman's concerned, he's either been stupid enough to smoke some weed, or been stupid enough to be around some friends who were smoking it. Either way it's his own fault.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    10/13/2011 7:17am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: NinBuKai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by thrutch View Post
    There are two different schools of thought on the "contact high".

1) Where the social atmosphere induces you to act inebriated or in a manner you wouldn't normally. This is mostly found at college or high school parties, especially with people who are drinking for the first time. (e.g. "I'm so drunk right now guys!" "Aren't you drinking ginger ale?")

2) When THC is smoked or vaporized, the exhale possesses some amount of THC remnants that were not absorbed by the lungs. Tests have been inconclusive about how much is left, but most (and by most I mean the average forum user at fuckcombustion.com) argue that it is under 5% (and likely much less then that), depending on length of inhalation and how deep the breath was. Some people will "shotgun" (mouth-to-mouth breaths) inhaled THC in an attempt to preserve the leftover and practice hot-boxing. Due to it being such a small amount, the only way you can fail a drug test on this proximity is through "hot-boxing" either a small room with a group of people or a larger room with a mass of people. No matter what, its going to be plain that the room you are in is going to get you high, due to the lingering smoke making it impossible to see the ceiling.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/09/2012 6:35pm

Style: KK

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I love it every time an elite athlete is shown to be a pot user (see: Michael Phelps). Gets the message out that pot is safe and should be legal. Motivated people are motivated people. Lazy people are lazy people. Pot won't change that, although I do advocate preventing kids and teens from using it while they're developing and going to school.

Nothing is better than a fat bong hit after getting home from training. The fact that so many Americans who pride themselves on their "liberty" keep so quiet when the government tells them that they, as fucking adults, cannot put a plant in their body is beyond me. This is a violation of liberty at the most basic level.

On the other hand, having it illegal keeps the government from producing it like cigarettes and pumping it full of chemicals.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/10/2012 2:59am

Style: lazy

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    ^Well said. I work hard, train 4-5 days per week, and use my new vaporiser daily. If my attitude is a little fucked up and I start hooking in too much, it does affect my drive.

But hey, it could be worse. I could be on the juice... or is that better? I wonder what Dana thinks.

Posted On:
    3/02/2012 2:23pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Shooto, Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    His own fault. What is the reason you should smoke weed any way? I mean sure u probably feel great during those hours and so on. But in the long run its not very good for you :P

I mean the risk of brain damage and lung cancer is pretty high. Or shall i say the first time you smoke a joint, youŽll get a bit of brain damage right there.
    And how fun is it to end up with a psychosis?
    Smoking weed is for losers and dumbasses.. period

Nothing for Show, All for use

Posted On:
    3/02/2012 4:26pm

supporting member
     Style: Jook Lum South Mantis,

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    meh. he knows its on the ban list, he knows he gets kicked for smoking it. his own dumb fucking fault.
    what he said

9. eloneamigo

Posted On:
    7/09/2012 11:52am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I know a couple of team quest guys that smoke, so not surprised. Those guys party pretty hardy.

Posted On:
    7/09/2012 5:50pm

forum leader
     Style: BJJ/ MMA/ MT

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by aron65 View Post
    His own fault. What is the reason you should smoke weed any way? I mean sure u probably feel great during those hours and so on. But in the long run its not very good for you :P

I mean the risk of brain damage and lung cancer is pretty high. Or shall i say the first time you smoke a joint, youŽll get a bit of brain damage right there.
    And how fun is it to end up with a psychosis?
    Smoking weed is for losers and dumbasses.. period
    Man, how did I miss this gem of retardedness? Brain damage and lung cancer? Did you miss that part in school where they said you should research a topic before smearing your stunted intellectual faeces all over it?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Machette View Post
    Ups to Battlefields for dropping the sage wisdom.

You are like a Pimp Yoda.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tranquil Suit View Post
    Battlefields... You're more of a man than I am.
    GET A RED BELT OR DIE TRYIN'.
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 6 LastLast