solves problems with violence

Posted On:
    10/06/2011 8:22pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo, Hung Family Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by DdlR View Post
    Given the HUGE social and economic cost of slip and fall-related accidents (sport, home, industry, etc.), IMO it's a crying shame that every kid isn't taught how to fall.
    this is why judo should be mandatory in schools
    "Face punches are an essential character building part of a martial art. You don't truly love your children unless you allow them to get punched in the face." - chi-conspiricy
    "When I was a little boy, I had a sailor suit, but it didn't mean I was in the Navy." - Mtripp on the subject of a 5 year old karate black belt
    "Without actual qualifications to be a Zen teacher, your instructor is just another roundeye raping Asian culture for a buck." - Errant108
    "Seriously, who gives a **** what you or Errant think? You're Asian males, everyone just ignores you, unless you're in a krotty movie." - new2bjj

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/06/2011 9:45pm

Style: Aikido, Kajukembo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by crappler View Post
    I was drinking and eating at Nations' giant hamburgers and noticed this guy on the ground and this other guy kicking him so hard he was flying up against the window. Because I was drunk, I suddenly became a superhero and decided to get out there to break it up.

These are things that would never occur to me sober, as I would be thinking "did the guy deserve it, is someone armed, why do I really give a **** unless someone is about to die, etc. etc.".

I push the door open, lose my balance, and do a perfect shoulder roll across the concrete and come up on my feet in a fighting stance.

One of the guys goes "Whoa, he must know Kung Fu" and they wandered off.

Thank god for krotty.
    MMMMMMMM Nations. (In my Homer Simpson voice) That means you're not more than say forty minutes from me in any direction!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/06/2011 9:49pm

Style: Aikido, Kajukembo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ming Loyalist View Post
    this is why judo should be mandatory in schools
    You may have something there! Instead of playing retarded watered down sports games in P.E., The Physical Education requirement should be split between gymnastics, judo/wrestling, track and field, and boxing. Plenty of time for the athletes to still play intramural sports and such, but the basic ed should be these things!!!

Enforcer of Northeast Anti-Silliness Department Inc.

Posted On:
    10/06/2011 9:50pm

supporting member
     Style: Kaju, BJJ, Judo, Kempo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Glad to hear you're ok. The "Kiah!" part made me chuckle though. Whatever works though, as least you're alive :P
    Knowing is not enough, you must apply...
    ...Willing is not enough you must do
    ~Bruce Lee

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/06/2011 10:15pm

Style: Judo & BJJ hacker

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    @RealJanuary... My son trains judo for fun. I train as preparation for my imminent old age. But your post #41 about the creep on the train makes me want my daughter to train judo to learn how to throw boys.

Posted On:
    10/07/2011 1:00am

supporting memberstaff
     Style: Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Rate this breakfall

Surfing Facebook at work? Spread the good word by adding us on Facebook today! https://www.facebook.com/Bullshido

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/10/2011 3:59am

Style: Ju d'oh!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Better than mine.

So far the only story I have of a decent Ukemi involved me running back to a friend's house after closing time at the bar. Tripped over some uneven ground, rolled straight across it, popped up and kept running with my only complaint being some dirt on my arm.

Other than that... fell during a kick at one of my old training places. One of the other students paused before telling me "Y'know, if you would have done a breakfall with that it would've been pretty cool."

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/10/2011 6:23am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I think it's kind of funny that the ukemi, one of the rare REALLY useful things Aikido can actually teach you, is what most of the students refuse to learn properly., at least in my dojo. Instructor says "Let's go over some breakfalls" and everyone (but me) is like "pfff...if you think so".
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456