Posted On:
    3/31/2004 6:16pm

supporting member
     Style: Kakutogi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Originally posted by greese1
    Shamrock was a MMA fighter before WWE.
    Ken Shamrock was a ProWrestler way before he was a MMA fighter. He just didn't join WWE until he was famous. But Wrestling fans, such as myself, remember him when he worked smaller circuits on the east coast.

I hope this doesn't happen or flies way under the general population's radar. Goldberg was choked out by Jericho, who self admittedly is by no means a shooter/hooker.
    Uhm Jericho comes from Stu Hart's Dungeon. EVERYONE who comes from three is a hooker. You have to know how to wrestle to fake how to wrestle. Benoit is form the same school and is probably THE best hooker in the WWE.

FYI Pro Wrestlers (mainly Japanese) had been generating intrest in MMA type matches since 1987. SHOOTO (Sayama, who trained Yuki Nakai, was the orignal TIGER MASK is the founder) and PANCRASE were both founded by wrestlers.
    ______
    Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invincible Asia) Dark Emperor of Baji!!!

RIP SOLDIER

Didn't anyone ever tell him a fat man could never be a ninja
    -Gene, GODHAND

You can't practice Judo just to win a Judo Match! You practice so that no matter what happens, you can win using Judo!
    The key to fighting two men at once is to be much tougher than both of them.
    -Daniel Tosh

The man they call FoM

Posted On:
    3/31/2004 6:41pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I wouldn't call Benoit or any other Dungeon graduate a hooker.
    Isn't that reserved for the highest level submission wrestlers - eg. Lou Thesz.
    The Wastrel - So attractive he HAS to be a woman.
    - Pizdoff

Professor of Chaos

Posted On:
    4/01/2004 8:55am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    FoM, Stu Hart was widely regarded as one of the BEST submission types around -- on a par with a guy like Gene Lebell. His Dungeon was a training ground for many modern greats and those that came through were regarded as having the educational equivalent of a Law Degree from Harvard or an MBA from Wharton -- in terms of grappling pedigree.
    Last edited by Budd; 4/01/2004 12:32pm at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/02/2004 2:54am

Style: TKD & Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It would be cool to see Bill Goldberg training in Wanderlei Silva's team Chute Boxe. :D

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/02/2004 3:49am

Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Originally posted by Asia
    Uhm Jericho comes from Stu Hart's Dungeon. EVERYONE who comes from three is a hooker. You have to know how to wrestle to fake how to wrestle. Benoit is form the same school and is probably THE best hooker in the WWE. [/B]
    Oh don't get me wrong, Jericho knows what he's doing that's not what I meant. There is still a difference between him and the old carnival hookers though. He's also my favorite active wrestler. I was basing what I said on a Bret Hart quote though

"Although I'm sure Jericho doesn't pretend to be a shooter, he does have a decent wrestling background."

I did lie a bit when I said that Jericho doesn't claim to be a shooter or a hooker, I don't know that for a fact I was just taking Bret's word for it.

Professional Lurker

Posted On:
    4/07/2004 9:55am

supporting member
     Style: None at the moment.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I wouldn't mind seeing Goldberg vs. Tank Abbott.
  7. 9chambers

Posted On:
    4/08/2004 3:52am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Coleman was considered kind of the Goldberg of the UFC when he first arrived upon the scene and dominated. It would be interesting to see those two square off. The mythical Goldberg against the actual NHB Goldberg.

* WCW Goldberg went 100 and 0 or something, the longest undefeated streak in fake wrestling history.

* Mark Coleman went like 9 and 0 or something which was a pretty big deal for the UFC back then. Of course, that's nothing compared to some of the stats today.
    Last edited by 9chambers; 4/08/2004 3:55am at .

Lightweight

Posted On:
    4/12/2004 1:55am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ, ex mcdojo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Goldberg was a co-owner of Obake Fight School. I really don't know if he trained or not. If he did, I'd just as soon not see him fight. Coleman, Randelman, everyone that trained with Obake tends to be pretty amazing wrestlers who are boring to watch.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123