Welterweight

Posted On:
    9/30/2011 2:28am

supporting member
     Style: Shotokan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Juggernoob View Post
    Girlfriend went bye bye a while ago. I train Judo monday, thursday. JJ and wrestling, wed, fri, sun. Why is that hard to grasp?

Dude, you talked about removing a womans tampon by force. Who's psychotic?

My "style" hasnt changed , i just consolidated it into grappling, like many do, when they cant fit them all in the box.

We done?
    You only allow yourself one day off from training? That's dedication. I know this is the comedy forum, but in all seriousness I gotta extend respect for that kind of schedule. That spurs me on to better efforts.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/30/2011 3:15am

Style: 'Grapplin'

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by FinalLegion View Post
    You only allow yourself one day off from training? That's dedication. I know this is the comedy forum, but in all seriousness I gotta extend respect for that kind of schedule. That spurs me on to better efforts.
    Its not that much though really. Mon and thurs are 1.30- 2hrs ish.

Wed is 1 hour

Fri is 1:30

Sun is a rolling session and varies usually about 2 hrs.

I enjoy it, so I do as much as I can.

I feel bad that I cant fit weight training in there really anymore. I have just ordered some clubs and kettlebells, so expect training logs and product reviews to be up soon.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/30/2011 3:17am

Style: Judo, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Those guys that have crazy schedules definitely deserve respect. Theres one guy at my Bjj place that trains every single day, and multiple times on the days that have more than one class.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/30/2011 3:20am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Disastorm View Post
    Those guys that have crazy schedules definitely deserve respect. Theres one guy at my Bjj place that trains every single day, and multiple times on the days that have more than one class.
    I know a guy like that, does conditioning drills before work.

Welterweight

Posted On:
    9/30/2011 3:35am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Its not that much though really. Mon and thurs are 1.30- 2hrs ish.

Wed is 1 hour

Fri is 1:30

Sun is a rolling session and varies usually about 2 hrs.

I enjoy it, so I do as much as I can.

I feel bad that I cant fit weight training in there really anymore. I have just ordered some clubs and kettlebells, so expect training logs and product reviews to be up soon.
    Still though, that's a lot, especially to a noob like me...so respect.

I'm not actively training in any MA at the moment, although I do regular weight training and do cardio every day. I'm a little overweight, so I'm trying to improve my health before I begin any MA training regimen.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/30/2011 3:41am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by FinalLegion View Post
    Still though, that's a lot, especially to a noob like me...so respect.

I'm not actively training in any MA at the moment, although I do regular weight training and do cardio every day. I'm a little overweight, so I'm trying to improve my health before I begin any MA training regimen.
    Dont get too fussed over weight. Im huge, but itd be retarded for me not to be, im getting very comfortable with bouncing people off the walls.

Depends what you do though really. Im happy as a 123kg Judo noob, but was never happy as a 95kg MT guy.

Dont mindfuck yourself with the whole "I must get thin to train", think more "I'll get thin as I train".

Welterweight

Posted On:
    9/30/2011 3:58am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Dont get too fussed over weight. Im huge, but itd be retarded for me not to be, im getting very comfortable with bouncing people off the walls.

Depends what you do though really. Im happy as a 123kg Judo noob, but was never happy as a 95kg MT guy.

Dont mindfuck yourself with the whole "I must get thin to train", think more "I'll get thin as I train".
    True that. It's really my doctor who got me on this. As he put it, "It's not that your health is very poor, it just could be very better"...lol. He pretty much said the same thing in regards to getting obsessed with losing weight. His advice was that it's not necessary for me to look like a supermodel...the goal is just to be healthy. My goal is to drop 25-30lbs. and then move on.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/01/2011 12:23am

Style: BJJ Beginner

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I just checked out a boxing place. I think the coach mentioned at least three times that they spar a lot, it seemed like he was trying to make a point, that they have a national champion and that they teach you to box to compete. They know I am a noob and I got asked if I wanted to come to a sparring session, the next day and this was not because I had any pretence of skill. I would feel awkward going back there unless I was serious about it.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234