Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    9/28/2011 2:35pm

Style: None

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by money View Post
    If you are in a situation like this and have a serious doubt, you could also try calling the police or 911 to confirm that it is an actual officer pulling you over. Definitely find a well-lit and non-isolated place to pull over.
    Having 911 in your cell phone's speed dial can really help when the adrenaline begins pumping. I use 8 for non-emergency and 9 for 911; that strategy was the only reason I was able to call 911 after a car wreck earlier this year.

My dog is cuter and smarter than yours.

Posted On:
    9/28/2011 5:24pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Kodokan Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That's a great point, I didn't think of that. Dispatch would probably know if an unmarked car had called in they were pulling someone over. Although not necessarily, at least you have someone on the phone with your location if things go bad.
    Falling for Judo since 1980

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/28/2011 11:25pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: None

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Indeed. If you have doubts, call 911 and verify through dispatch that they in fact do have a unit on a traffic stop at your location. Describe your car, and yourself to the dispatcher. If they do not have any units on a traffic stop, then they'll have uniformed patrol enroute to your location immediately.

If you can, continue to a QT gas station, or whatever equivalent is in your state. They are extremely well lit, and are advertised as a "safe place" geared mainly towards women in distress, but I guess would work fine for anyone doubting the validity of the "police car" trying to pull you over.

In this case though, before you actually do stop, I'd call 911, and explain to the dispatcher what's going on, why you're not stopping immediately, and where you intend to stop. Of course if the dispatcher tells you, that it is in fact a real cop behind you, then I'd go ahead and pull over, lest you end up with a Glock 22 screwed into your ear socket once you do stop.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12