Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123 456 LastLast

Posted On:
    9/30/2011 12:39am

Style: mma /boxing/muai thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by danno View Post
    nice, so you're kinda doing this with a squirrel grip to help things along:

i really agree on the grab vs strike thing.

if someone bites me i'm going to try it.
    Yeah exactly like that vid.

works well when somone play bites you as well. (Does this just happen to me?)

I was thinking this is exactly the same method I use when I grapple anyway because when we grapple we also grind people. MMA seems to encourage that sort of explosive no respect style.

A mate of mine was mentioning that he had done a ripper style of catch wrestling once that also has that mentality.

http://junfanjkdengland.tripod.com/catch/id9.html
    Last edited by gregaquaman; 9/30/2011 12:45am at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/30/2011 11:39am

Style: FMA/SAMBO

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by danno View Post
    if you have a good mount and you can use a collar choke without getting reversed, you should be able to eye gouge from there pretty safely. you'll generally be doing it with one hand, not both. S-mount is good too.

thanks for sacrificing your bro in the name of science.
    Yah, that's pretty much it. You can do whatever you like if you can positionally dominate your opponent. (Haven't I heard that somewhere before?).

And I'm happy to sacrifice my brother for you guys any time. Especially when he's drinking and shooting off his mouth. After 36 years, you'd think he'd grow up a little bit, but alas...

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/30/2011 9:30pm

Style: TKD, Arnis, Catch

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This topic reminds me of what my catch/mma coach says. "Legal moves are some of the most dangerous moves." Especially since those are the moves you are training everyday. In self defense situation, no matter how deadly, my first instinct will be to go the moves I've trained for years everyday. Just round kick or hook punch the guy in the head and knock him out. My punches and kicks are more trustworthy to me than my groin kicks and finger stabs to the throat or whatever else d34d1y moves I have.

Yours truly

Posted On:
    10/03/2011 12:16pm

Business Class Supporting Member
     PDS Rifles Style: Univ. Florida Kickboxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Based on my limited experience from when someone i knew tried to eye gouge me when I had dominant position (he might havej ust been trying to say "hey I can do this to you" and not intended to really gouge) its really easy to fend off such a piss-weak attack and gouge him back, when you have dominant position. If you are a dominant position but awkward position to do that from, problem is easily solved by moving to a position where you can.
    www.pdsrifles.com Add us on facebook!
    Parts and Accessories
    Law Enforcement Firearms

Posted On:
    10/03/2011 12:51pm

Style: Humbleness

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I only disagree a little in the part of the groin strikes, I have seen a lot of people in my dojo accidentally getting kicked in the groin and I have got a few myself and I believe its truly a pain that can put totally out of combat a normal person

Yes, I am smarter than you are.

Posted On:
    10/03/2011 1:54pm

supporting memberstaff
     Style: TKD, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by RurikGreenwulf View Post
    I only disagree a little in the part of the groin strikes, I have seen a lot of people in my dojo accidentally getting kicked in the groin and I have got a few myself and I believe its truly a pain that can put totally out of combat a normal person
    The response to groin strikes under stress is so incredibly varied that it's not safe to rely on it as a fight ending technique alone. Especially to the detriment of training other techniques.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    10/03/2011 8:04pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    good answer kintanon. keep it in your toolbox, don't make it your only tool.

Yours truly

Posted On:
    10/04/2011 2:21am

Business Class Supporting Member
     PDS Rifles Style: Univ. Florida Kickboxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by RurikGreenwulf View Post
    I've had my share of groin kicks, but you can grit your teeth through a lot of them. Really. They aren't like liver shots where you'll drop no matter what.
    www.pdsrifles.com Add us on facebook!
    Parts and Accessories
    Law Enforcement Firearms

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/04/2011 1:37pm

Style: Issh"i"nryu fixed....

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I've found the only time groin strikes are effective are in a controled environment. When you're sparring in class and get balled, some people laugh, someone appologizes, and you eventually get back to sparring. In a real fight, getting balled is more likely to piss one off and esculate the fight, over make him cry or quit because of how mean you were.

Posted On:
    10/05/2011 5:56pm

Style: Humbleness

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kintanon View Post
    The response to groin strikes under stress is so incredibly varied that it's not safe to rely on it as a fight ending technique alone. Especially to the detriment of training other techniques.
    Really good answer indeed, but I still belive that a good kick or knee can end most of fights
    also I dont think that it must be trained as a technique just when in a fight aim lower the knee and kicks
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123 456 LastLast