Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/26/2011 6:39pm

Style: Issh"i"nryu fixed....

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Cheal Sonnen'll whoop the **** right out of that kid. Just ask him. You'd think as much as he runs his mouth about the 205 guys he'd go get some. I'd love to see him fight Jones.

Other than people I just want to see take a beating, I can't think of anyone who should fight Bones. Roger Gracie would get murdered. Mer. Derd. Silva wouldn't be able to fight his way, so for him to win would have to be with some kind of non-combat related trickery. Hendo doesn't bring anything new, neither does Mo, or Rashad, that Jon hasn't already dealt with. Machida is only one with something else to offer, and I don't see him winning that one.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/27/2011 2:02pm

Style: Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I would really want to see Jones against Silva, if only for the ass kicking silva would probably get. Out of the top of my head, I cant think of many fights I would rather see than that one

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/27/2011 2:31pm

Style: Muay Thai, Boxing, nogiJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'd say Machida offers more of a threat than Evans, just stylistically speaking. His quickness and ability to go in and out would be a big asset, even if it would have to be modified to account for Jones's reach.

In regard to Silva, like someone already mentioned, wrasslin' has always been a weakness of his and Jones is dominant in that regard. Granted, Silva is still dangerous off of his back. If Jones chose to just rush in balls out and bully around Silva in the same way Sonnen did, though, I could see him winning considering how much more talented he is than Sonnen.

Though if this Silva vs Jones fight were to happen, it would need to happen soon. Silva hasn't shown too many signs of slowing down (probably because of how good he is at reading his opponents and avoiding getting hit), but he is 36 already. I'd personally love to see it, because despite what I said above I still think Silva could pull it off. Especially if Jones wanted to just have a striking match with Silva in order to prove something to himself, which I could see happening.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12