Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/26/2011 2:08pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Jackson thinks Evans is only challenge left for Jones

I think Rashad is the only person, basically, who has a chance to beat him since Rashad trained with him before, said Jackson. So other than Rashad I dont see anybody beating this kid, straight up. I thought he was all hype. Im keeping it real here. The kid is tough. Hes very talented.
    http://www.fighters.com/09/25/quinto...-real-obstacle

Do you agree? I think a healthy-Rua could be interesting. Henderson too.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/26/2011 2:41pm

Style: Kickboxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I think I'm definitely in the minority, but I would like to see Machida-Jones, not that he deserves a title shot right now.

Welterweight

Posted On:
    9/26/2011 4:09pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ, MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Of course, everyone has been saying Machida ever since Jones won the title. If they both win their next couple of fights, then why not?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/26/2011 4:11pm

Style: Hiatus for Gen. Fitness

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Rua was healthy; he was just hurt pretty badly early on in the match. I read a lot of excuses from everyone about Shogun except from Shogun himself, who said that he was healthy and 100% going into that fight. Machida could prove interesting, but while I think his style is a good matchup with Bones, I don't think the rest of him physically matches up. Henderson could be a good matchup, though.

On hiatus

Posted On:
    9/26/2011 4:18pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Nah, Henderson is almost done.

(tab) Forum > Forum Actions > General Settings > in Thread Display Options > Number of Posts to Show Per Page: 40

game dog

Posted On:
    9/26/2011 4:23pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    How about Anderson Silva going up a weight class again to fight a guy who seems to evolve into a more aggressive copy of him (Silva's Maxi-Me, so to speak)?
    There are no wrong threats, only wrong answers. (Strategy game truism)

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/26/2011 4:58pm

Style: Hiatus for Gen. Fitness

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Anderson Silva seems pretty content to not go up in weight. I would certainly agree that Jones is on the trajectory where he will evolve into MegaSilva (and if we're really lucky, heavyweight UltraSilva) but he certainly isn't there yet. I have a rule about never betting against the Spider, no matter how attractive the odds are, which makes me want to say that Silva could find a way. Not being the fighting genius that he is, though, the way he could manage it escapes me.

In the realm of less mythical matchups, give Phil Davis a few more fights, and then turn him loose on Bones. I'd still give the advantage to Jon Jones, but it would be an interesting match.

Posted On:
    9/26/2011 5:22pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Jones would skullfuck Silva so badly he'd be picking bone shards out of his cock for months.

Silva's only real weakness is his wrestling. He really does not want a piece of a much larger, stronger and highly skilled wrestler like Jones.

Other interesting matchups for Jones would be Gustaffson, if he ever manages to make the big-time, and Henderson, if he isn't on the cusp of entering fighter's old age with rapidly declining abilities.

I'd say Machida has a good shot at beating him too - sooner or later, somebody's going to catch him out doing that crazy **** he's famed and loved for and deck him, and Machida's definitely got crisp enough striking skills to capitalise on it and good enough footwork to avoid getting grappleraped.

Posted On:
    9/26/2011 5:48pm

Style: Sub-Grap/MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    There's plenty of interesting match-ups.

As I've said before I've got a feeling Evans will beat Jones.

Henderson is still a match for anyone, Macheda is extremely hard to figure out and a fully fit motivated Shogun could be interesting.

Then there's Alexander Gustafsson & Phil Jones. (possibly King Mo, Roger Gracie and Gregard Mousasi)

The LHM division is always stacked and there will no doubt be plenty more talent come through to challenge Jones.
    Last edited by Kambei Shimada; 9/26/2011 6:12pm at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/26/2011 6:19pm

Style: Kickboxing/BJJ/Wimp

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I remember going to watch Jon Jones fight Shogun at a pub with our school - Both Anthony Perosh and Elvis Sinosic were there with us. After Jones won, one of my fellow students jokingly called out to Perosh, "Drop to Middleweight Anthony?" Anthony just grinned and shook his head.

I think there are plenty of potential match-ups in division, fighters who could be a threat - but I still wouldn't bet against Jones.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast