232838 Bullies, 3733 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 41 to 50 of 54
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 6 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image
  1. Kintanon is offline
    Kintanon's Avatar

    Yes, I am smarter than you are.

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Athens, Ga
    Posts
    5,683

    Posted On:
    10/04/2011 1:07pm

    supporting memberstaff
     Style: TKD, BJJ

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The people who thought that was a boring fight seem to be implying that they only like one sided beatdowns, or slugfests between two guys with iron chins.

    I'd like everyone that thought the Cruz v Johnson fight was boring to post a link to what their ideal exciting fight looks like.
  2. alex is offline
    alex's Avatar

    STOP POSTING!

    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    8,210

    Posted On:
    10/04/2011 1:55pm

    supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    no i just like a fight where i havent predicted the outcome after 1 round.

    different strokes man, me and bastard already said why we feel it was boring. you can feel however the **** you want, it wont change some peoples opinions. thats the pointlessness of debate not based solely around logic.
  3. Super8astard is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Bhudda Indiana
    Posts
    903

    Posted On:
    10/04/2011 1:57pm


     Style: Issh"i"nryu fixed....

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kintanon View Post
    The people who thought that was a boring fight seem to be implying that they only like one sided beatdowns, or slugfests between two guys with iron chins.

    I'd like everyone that thought the Cruz v Johnson fight was boring to post a link to what their ideal exciting fight looks like.
    No, I just don't like caution or flailing. Between Johnson throwing just to throw and Cruz' avoidance, it wasn't a thrilling fight. Like I said, not the worst I've seen by any means, but I won't be reminising about it either.
  4. Conde Koma is offline
    Conde Koma's Avatar

    Thumbs up!

    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Oakland, CA (East Bay Area)
    Posts
    2,247

    Posted On:
    10/04/2011 3:10pm

    supporting member
     Style: Judo,MT,Boxing,BJJ

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    thats the pointlessness of debate not based solely around logic.
    it seems that way, pretty much.
    Fight Film Friday
    Watching violence on film, violently.
    Click here to donate!
  5. greatheight is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    217

    Posted On:
    10/04/2011 4:46pm


     Style: Kickboxing/BJJ/Wimp

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    no i just like a fight where i havent predicted the outcome after 1 round.

    different strokes man, me and bastard already said why we feel it was boring. you can feel however the **** you want, it wont change some peoples opinions. thats the pointlessness of debate not based solely around logic.
    there can be a point to it - it is possible to change someones opinion of something, highlighting different ways of looking at the issue etc.

    Its just that people are stubborn fucks.... especially on the internetz.

    I really liked the fight, and the card in general. Very impressed with Cruz.
  6. ADM is offline
    ADM's Avatar

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,730

    Posted On:
    10/04/2011 8:46pm


     Style: Kyokushin Karate / BJJ

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I think Chael said it best, no one wants to watch someone doing something good for 5 rounds. 3 rounds, sure. But not 5 rounds.
  7. Tranquil Suit is online now
    Tranquil Suit's Avatar

    I have emotions.

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    3,603

    Posted On:
    10/04/2011 8:50pm

    supporting member
     Style: Wrestling

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ADM View Post
    I think Chael said it best, no one wants to watch someone doing something good for 5 rounds. 3 rounds, sure. But not 5 rounds.
    Oh really now? What about 4 rounds? How about 4.5?

    That whole statement sounds pretty arbitrary to me.


    Oh and hey, how many rounds does boxing have?

    (tab) Forum > Forum Actions > General Settings > in Thread Display Options > Number of Posts to Show Per Page: 40
  8. 1point2 is online now
    1point2's Avatar

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    4,148

    Posted On:
    10/04/2011 9:26pm

    Join us... or die
     Style: 剛 and 柔

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ADM View Post
    I think Chael said it best, no one wants to watch someone doing something good for 5 rounds. 3 rounds, sure. But not 5 rounds.
    They want to watch someone doing something good for 4 and a half rounds, at which point their opponent hits a triangle-armbar and keeps the middleweight championship.
    What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. -Xenophon's Socrates
  9. ADM is offline
    ADM's Avatar

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,730

    Posted On:
    10/05/2011 7:13am


     Style: Kyokushin Karate / BJJ

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tranquil Suit View Post
    Oh really now? What about 4 rounds? How about 4.5?

    That whole statement sounds pretty arbitrary to me.


    Oh and hey, how many rounds does boxing have?

    Wow way to be a dickhead and jump down my throat Sir.

    I know lets take everything here 100% literally and pick it apart! That makes for good conversation!
  10. Tranquil Suit is online now
    Tranquil Suit's Avatar

    I have emotions.

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    3,603

    Posted On:
    10/05/2011 10:34am

    supporting member
     Style: Wrestling

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ADM View Post
    Wow way to be a dickhead and jump down my throat Sir.

    I know lets take everything here 100% literally and pick it apart! That makes for good conversation!
    The point of Chael's statement was a rebuttal to the fact that (GSP is boring) people expect a finish more so in 5 rounds than in 3. And will complain if a championship fight leads to a decision.

    But the real issue is that in 5 rounds, a fighter has time to settle and his patterns and body language is more showing than in 3. That is, it's more obvious if he's aiming for a decision win or a finish win (It's not one or the other, it's to a degree). That's what made the difference between say Edgar-Maynard(2) and GSP-Shields.

    And don't tell me about pacing for 5 rounds being the problem, if you can't do that than maybe you shouldn't be fighting for a world classs title. And again, boxing has 12x3 (had 15x3).


    P.S. Aren't you the sensitive type?

    (tab) Forum > Forum Actions > General Settings > in Thread Display Options > Number of Posts to Show Per Page: 40
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 6 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Powered by vBulletin™© contact@vbulletin.com vBulletin Solutions, Inc. 2011 All rights reserved.